View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legalized?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    76 55.07%
  • No.

    21 15.22%
  • Decriminalize and heavily regulate it.

    38 27.54%
  • Other.

    3 2.17%
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 425

Thread: Prostitution

  1. #241
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    No, the State Department and others make it perfectly clear that legalized prostitution leads to increases in human trafficking and child abuse. You can see those statements above. Perhaps you should read them again.
    I read them. I can point out other government official statments then contrary to what one would consider "human rights" both now and in the past. Your appeal to authority is a fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Except evidence of the contrary is true.

    Our government makes a lot of claims. You are appealing to it as an authority on the subject which is a fallacy. You are on able to argue your point without running to other people's opinions.

    Our government is some places is refusing to treat certain citizens as equal as well, is their will and authority an infallible source of moral reference? I certainly think not.
    No, evidence of the contrary doesn't exist. It is your OPINION that it fosters happiness joy and love..but the reality, which the State Dept. sees, is that it increases human trafficking.

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I read them. I can point out other government official statments then contrary to what one would consider "human rights" both now and in the past. Your appeal to authority is a fallacy.
    That ^^ is a fallacy. My statement is not.

  4. #244
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    No, evidence of the contrary doesn't exist.
    Yes it does, if we are still discussing your absurd notion that legalizing prostitution increase crime. I have already provided the evidence to the contrary. The biggest piece being that our own country that outlaws prostitution not only has high rates of rape and murder - higher than those countries that do legalize it, but it also still has prostitution. Unregulated prostitution which leaves prostitutes at the whims of criminals overseers.

    It is your OPINION that it fosters happiness joy and love..but the reality, which the State Dept. sees, is that it increases human trafficking.
    More hyperbole and fallacies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #245
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    That ^^ is a fallacy. My statement is not.
    No actually it's not. That is me pointing out your fallacy and this above quote ^^ is childish deflection.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Yes it does, if we are still discussing your absurd notion that legalizing prostitution increase crime. I have already provided the evidence to the contrary. The biggest piece being that our own country that outlaws prostitution not only has high rates of rape and murder - higher than those countries that do legalize it, but it also still has prostitution. Unregulated prostitution which leaves prostitutes at the whims of criminals overseers.





    More hyperbole and fallacies.

    My notion that I got from the State department, and others...

    The hyperbole and fallacy come from you.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    No actually it's not. That is me pointing out your fallacy and this above quote ^^ is childish deflection.
    I'm sorry, did you provide some sort of evidence that the State Department is lying about this?

    No?

  8. #248
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Try convincing all of the far right Evangelicals to support that idea.

    Lots of luck.

    They'd like to stop you from drinking beer and dancing.

    All for your own good (To keep you from going to Hell.), of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Andrea Dworkin, an author, activist, and former prostitute, stated in her Oct. 31, 1992 speech at the University of Michigan Law School:

    "I ask you to think about your own bodies--if you can do so outside the world that the pornographers have created in your minds, the flat, dead, floating mouths and vaginas and anuses of women. I ask you to think concretely about your own bodies used that way. How sexy is it? Is it fun? The people who defend prostitution and pornography want you to feel a kinky little thrill every time you think of something being stuck in a woman. I want you to feel the delicate tissues in her body that are being misused. I want you to feel what it feels like when it happens over and over and over and over and over and over and over again: because that is what prostitution is.

    "...And so, many of us are saying that prostitution is intrinsically abusive. Let me be clear. I am talking to you about prostitution per se, without more violence, without extra violence, without a woman being hit, without a woman being pushed. Prostitution in and of itself is an abuse of a woman's body. Those of us who say this are accused of being simple-minded. But prostitution is very simple. And if you are not simple-minded, you will never understand it. The more complex you manage to be, the further away from the reality you will be--the safer you will be, the happier you will be, the more fun you will have discussing the issue of prostitution. In prostitution, no woman stays whole."

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Not what you said. You said:


    If prostitution is made legal, then Nina and the others would not be breaking the law in and of itself, save for maybe zoning laws. Therefore by your own words you should not care.
    Well, it aint legal now is it.

Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •