View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legalized?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    76 55.07%
  • No.

    21 15.22%
  • Decriminalize and heavily regulate it.

    38 27.54%
  • Other.

    3 2.17%
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 425

Thread: Prostitution

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    No, it's a human rights violation by its very nature. You are purchasing and selling women's bodies.

    "The redefinition of prostitution as 'commercial sex work' is just an attempt to legitimize sex trafficking. It should come as no surprise the ACLU and Planned Parenthood have signed on. While both groups are considered 'pro-woman', it is odd that they support an industry of flagrant abuse of women...

    "There are a multitude of studies to show the high level of abuse that prostitutes suffer. Women are literally bought and sold as property. The incidence of drug addiction is high among women, partially explaining why they became prostitutes to begin with.

    "The argument for legalization goes something like this. Prostitution will happen anyway but legalization and regulation will help stem the abuses. The argument has 50,000 foot appeal. Using the same logic, slavery (which still exists in many places) should be legalized so underground slaves can be given some measure of human rights. The fact that the ACLU and the bevy of left-wing international groups don't argue for the legalization of slavery shows the logical inconsistency of their position."

    John Bambenek Should Prostitution Be Legal? - Legal Prostitution - ProCon.org

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    "Legalized prostitution creates the same problems that legalized marijuana does. While prostitution is legal, forced prostitution is not. The latter occurs, and the new German law unintentionally makes it harder to hunt down human traffickers, especially from Eastern Europe and Africa. Similarly, it is harder to combat under-aged prostitution. With legalized marijuana and prostitution, Amsterdam became a magnet for human traffickers, drug traders and petty criminals. This is not the world legalization’s proponents envisioned, but it happened."

    Thomas Kleine-Brockhoff Senior Director at the German Marshall Fund of the United States, wrote in his Jan. 29, 2007 article "Legalization Opens Criminal Floodgates" posted on the PostGlobal website.

    The US Department of State, wrote in its Nov. 24, 2004 article "The Link Between Prostitution and Sex Trafficking" provided on its website:

    "The U.S. Government adopted a strong position against legalized prostitution in a December 2002 National Security Presidential Directive based on evidence that prostitution is inherently harmful and dehumanizing, and fuels trafficking in persons, a form of modern-day slavery. Prostitution and related activities—including pimping and patronizing or maintaining brothels—fuel the growth of modern-day slavery by providing a façade behind which traffickers for sexual exploitation operate.

    Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery..."

    http://prostitution.procon.org/view....uestionID=1315

  3. #233
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    No, it's a human rights violation by its very nature. You are purchasing and selling women's bodies.
    It is not a human rights violation if both parties agree. You are projecting.
    "The redefinition of prostitution as 'commercial sex work' is just an attempt to legitimize sex trafficking. It should come as no surprise the ACLU and Planned Parenthood have signed on. While both groups are considered 'pro-woman', it is odd that they support an industry of flagrant abuse of women...
    Your premise is flawed because you keep trying to paint women who make the decision to be prostitutes as victims.

    "There are a multitude of studies to show the high level of abuse that prostitutes suffer. Women are literally bought and sold as property. The incidence of drug addiction is high among women, partially explaining why they became prostitutes to begin with.
    Where are your sources? Prostitutes that sell their bodies in countries where prostitution is outlawed I would assume do suffer the most since there is no regulation or protection offered to them, unlike in countries where it is legalized.

    "The argument for legalization goes something like this. Prostitution will happen anyway but legalization and regulation will help stem the abuses.
    The argument has 50,000 foot appeal. Using the same logic, slavery (which still exists in many places) should be legalized so underground slaves can be given some measure of human rights. The fact that the ACLU and the bevy of left-wing international groups don't argue for the legalization of slavery shows the logical inconsistency of their position."
    Wow, lmao that is one hell of a strawman.
    Slavery, unlike prostitution, is not a mutual agreement. Fallacy defeated. Moving on.


    What purpose does this link serve?
    It's nothing but opinions being posted. On top of that it is nothing but opinions be posted that appeal to not only why prostitution should be outlawed, but it why it should be legalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #234
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Sure there is, when you lean on our street sign looking for money out of willingness to blow the next dude that rounds the corner with a 10 spot. Wont tolerate you and your customers in our area.
    So then it's your opinion again...not based on it being legal? You keep bouncing back and forth.

    And apparently keep imagining more and more about what 'may go on.' It's a similar thing I've found in the SSM threads...all their thoughts and focus is on a sex act and not the actual people. Makes you wonder where their thoughts are when they look anywhere....sexualizing everything?

    And then that's what they 'believe' everyone else is thinking too.....no wonder they seem to see perverts and deviants everywhere!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Victims are the bread and butter of the prostitution business.

    Please share how pro-female you are again, as you fight hard to draft more and more into prostitution and abortion clinics...

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    As our own State Department says:

    "Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery..."

  7. #237
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    Victims are the bread and butter of the prostitution business.
    Yes,when left to be governed by criminals prostitutes often suffer.

    Please share how pro-female you are again, as you fight hard to draft more and more into prostitution and abortion clinics...
    Please employ more fallacies to stay afloat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-14 @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Yes,when left to be governed by criminals prostitutes often suffer.



    Please employ more fallacies to stay afloat.
    No, the State Department and others make it perfectly clear that legalized prostitution leads to increases in human trafficking and child abuse. You can see those statements above. Perhaps you should read them again.

  9. #239
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Bicycle View Post
    As our own State Department says:

    "Where prostitution is legalized or tolerated, there is a greater demand for human trafficking victims and nearly always an increase in the number of women and children trafficked into commercial sex slavery..."

    Except evidence of the contrary is true.

    Our government makes a lot of claims. You are appealing to it as an authority on the subject which is a fallacy. You are unable to argue your point without running to other people's opinions.

    Our government in some places is refusing to treat certain citizens equal as well, is their will and authority an infallible source of moral reference? I certainly think not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #240
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Sure there is, when you lean on our street sign looking for money out of willingness to blow the next dude that rounds the corner with a 10 spot. Wont tolerate you and your customers in our area.
    Not what you said. You said:
    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Hyperbole. As long as you fat ugly people are not breaking the law with your hippie friends, I dont care.
    If prostitution is made legal, then Nina and the others would not be breaking the law in and of itself, save for maybe zoning laws. Therefore by your own words you should not care.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •