View Poll Results: Should prostitution be legalized?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    76 55.07%
  • No.

    21 15.22%
  • Decriminalize and heavily regulate it.

    38 27.54%
  • Other.

    3 2.17%
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 425

Thread: Prostitution

  1. #181
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    Price. Convenience. Anonymity. Among others.

    But it doesn't actually matter why. It's a known fact that sex trafficking still flourishes in nations where prostitution is legal, despite your insisting it magically goes away. In fact, the evidence shows that sex trafficking actually increases as a result of legalization.

    Human Trafficking Persists Despite Legality of Prostitution in Germany - SPIEGEL ONLINE

    Does Legalized Prostitution Increase Human Trafficking? by Seo-Young Cho, Axel Dreher, Eric Neumayer :: SSRN
    That may be a European issue. I doubt America is going to import poor Romanian girls. The study is interesting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #182
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    What woman of high self worth would be a prostitute?
    I don't know. I am not saying that women should be prostitutes. But if they choose to, it should be legal and regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #183
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,178

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    That may be a European issue.
    And it may not. The theory purported to explain the statistics implies that it is not necessarily exclusive to Europe.

    But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your beliefs...

  4. #184
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    And it may not. The theory purported to explain the statistics implies that it is not necessarily exclusive to Europe.

    But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your beliefs...
    Have any evidence of human trafficking to Nevada?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  5. #185
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,178

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    Have any evidence of human trafficking to Nevada?
    Nope.

  6. #186
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,208

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorgasm View Post
    I don't know. I am not saying that women should be prostitutes. But if they choose to, it should be legal and regulated.
    I was simply stating there would still be a huge black market for it.
    It's okay to be white

  7. #187
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Non sense,
    didn't you see Richard Gere and Julia Roberts. CLearly its all fantasy and good times.








    Lots of things happen in movies that don't usually happen in real life.

  8. #188
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by the_recruit View Post
    No, that fails for the same reason the prohibition analogy fails. The supply of marijuana and alcohol can easily be increased to meet increased demand by simply planting more pot or distilling more booze.

    The supply in prostitution is fundamentally different. Women willing to sell sex don't grow on trees. You can't just build another prostitute factory. If the demand for sex (men willing to buy) is larger than the supply for it (women willing to sell), there will be a black market for sex.
    Meh. You are laboring under the sordid and dirty practice of the illegal sex trade of yesterday. No one is suggesting a continuation of status quo with legalization. You are warped by stigma. You cant or wont see what a legal prostitution business could be. Regardless...the laws today dont help. At all.

  9. #189
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,975

    Re: Prostitution

    Has anyone said why they think it should be illegal to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #190
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Prostitution

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    I was simply stating there would still be a huge black market for it.
    Black people should be just as entitled to pursue it as white people.

Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •