View Poll Results: should games like this be banned?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    2 4.55%
  • no

    39 88.64%
  • depends on other factors or details (explain in a post)

    1 2.27%
  • rootabega

    2 4.55%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 134

Thread: should games like this be banned?

  1. #31
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    It is a competition, should the game be banned? It's a competition of how much your side (Because you definitely picked a side, and I think I know where that singular yes vote came from) can get versus mine/anyone who agrees with me.
    Wow. You are the text book definition of a forum hack. There goes my respect for you.

    Anyway back to the point.

    Yes that's how reality works. (Which isn't a competition )

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3845016/ -- NiMH explanation of how gambling addiction works.

  2. #32
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    I have just yet to understand why entire companies should be put to death and thousands of people out of jobs just because they know how to make a great video game.

    That is entirely the opposite of American, to kill business and with it, opportunity.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  3. #33
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I have just yet to understand why entire companies should be put to death and thousands of people out of jobs just because they know how to make a great video game.

    That is entirely the opposite of American, to kill business and with it, opportunity.
    Sometimes social costs are worth more than mere money

  4. #34
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Wow. You are the text book definition of a forum hack. There goes my respect for you.

    Anyway back to the point.

    Yes that's how reality works. (Which isn't a competition )

    What motivates gambling behavior? Insight into dopamine's role -- NiMH explanation of how gambling addiction works.
    An article that just allows the weak-willed to feel good about themselves.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #35
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    An article that just allows the weak-willed to feel good about themselves.
    Lol. I am glad you are so determined to keep your beliefs in the face of fact

  6. #36
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Lol. I am glad you are so determined to keep your beliefs in the face of fact
    Is that what you say to everyone who disagrees with you?

    Sure, I'm the forum hack.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #37
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Is that what you say to everyone who disagrees with you?
    Nope.

  8. #38
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,697

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It is basic gaming theory. Another example of games that uses similar mechanisms are RPGs.
    Hogwash! I've never spent three straight weeks farming for some super-mega-uber-elite sword or armor.......or even boots......come on, where the hell is it!!!!!

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,399

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    That's not the way addiction (or free will) works. The neurochemicals become less stimulating over time, requiring higher doses, strongly influencing or overriding the pre-frontal cortex lessening our ability to make alternative decisions.
    And so it becomes increasingly difficult to stop playing and you do it anyway.

  10. #40
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: should games like this be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    And so it becomes increasingly difficult to stop playing and you do it anyway.
    Most of the time people can pull away, yes

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •