View Poll Results: Do those on the far right lack empathy?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    26 27.37%
  • No

    69 72.63%
Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 285

Thread: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

  1. #71
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Some do, some don't. I will venture to say that a higher percentage of the far right tend to display these characteristics than the general populace.

  2. #72
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    Post #63 refers to your personal experience. Even if we accepted the word of Joe Schmoe on the internet, one person's personal experience is almost meaningless.



    You brought it up. You haven't shown why this poll should be about the far right more than the far left.
    For **** sake.. to further your argument you simply discredit what I have to say because its personal experience. So are we only suppose to talk about Straight up facts on this website? There's no room for personal experience? You don't have to take my word for it. Get out of your house and socialize with some people. It's not like what I said is any Big Secret that only I possess knowledge of.

    Do you deny that conservatives take a lone wolf attitude and liberals take a we're all in this together attitude? Libertarianism vs Communism?
    Last edited by OnWisconsin; 07-31-14 at 08:39 PM.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  3. #73
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    If people learned to control themselves the government wouldn't have to.
    And there you nailed the basic leftist problem. You simply cannot tolerate individual freedom. If it cannot be controlled it cannot be allowed. That governs your every philosophy. And of course that means YOU get to decide what constitutes control over oneself (for everyone but yourself).

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    A complete inability to relate to those who are less fortunate.

    I've noticed that a lot of conservatives drive big vehicles for a reason. They drink more for a reason. They tell you they drink more for a reason (even if they actually don't drink more). It's about making up for things that aren't actually there for them personally. Now that might mean them being 5'6 tall, that might be them having grown up around people who viewed life through prisms in which you are judged on being a man by how much you can drink, how big your vehicle is.

  5. #75
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    A complete inability to relate to those who are less fortunate.
    The problem with this line of thought, is that you are confusing one's political beliefs of what are the realities of the world, and one's personal belief system. The fact is the government is worst way to go about helping someone, the built-in bureaucracy is the most inefficient way to help those in need, as all it does it steal from one to give to another, and much of that money never gets to where you want it to go. That has nothing to do when it comes to their personal lives though. Look at Churches for example and all the good they do in the community.

    You're going to find and equal lack of empathy on both sides of the fence, remember that actions speak louder than words.

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    For **** sake.. to further your argument you simply discredit what I have to say because its personal experience. So are we only suppose to talk about Straight up facts on this website? There's no room for personal experience? You don't have to take my word for it. Get out of your house and socialize with some people. It's not like what I said is any Big Secret that only I possess knowledge of.

    Do you deny that conservatives take a lone wolf attitude and liberals take a we're all in this together attitude? Libertarianism vs Communism?
    Again, the problem here is that you are confusing political realities, with personal beliefs. Say what you will, but Capitalism has done more worldwide to bring people out of poverty than Socialism ever had or will.

  6. #76
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    A complete inability to relate to those who are less fortunate.
    I don't think so.

    Instead, I think those on the right tend to have empathy more for those close to them, rather than strangers.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  7. #77
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    The problem with this line of thought, is that you are confusing one's political beliefs of what are the realities of the world, and one's personal belief system. The fact is the government is worst way to go about helping someone, the built-in bureaucracy is the most inefficient way to help those in need, as all it does it steal from one to give to another, and much of that money never gets to where you want it to go. That has nothing to do when it comes to their personal lives though. Look at Churches for example and all the good they do in the community.

    You're going to find and equal lack of empathy on both sides of the fence, remember that actions speak louder than words.



    Again, the problem here is that you are confusing political realities, with personal beliefs. Say what you will, but Capitalism has done more worldwide to bring people out of poverty than Socialism ever had or will.
    I think you are confusing my point.. I'm not arguing for or against one political ideology.. I'm saying quite literally "conservatives have more of a lone wolf mentality and liberals have more of a we're all in this together mentality" if you deny that then you have your head in the sand.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  8. #78
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    I think you are confusing my point.. I'm not arguing for or against one political ideology.. I'm saying quite literally "conservatives have more of a lone wolf mentality and liberals have more of a we're all in this together mentality" if you deny that then you have your head in the sand.
    i will translate your statement to clarity it....by making a few changes to it.


    "I think you are confusing my point.. I'm not arguing for or against one political ideology.. I'm saying quite literally "conservatives have more of a mentality of individualism and liberals have more of a collectivist mentality, if you deny that then you have your head in the sand"
    Last edited by Master PO; 07-31-14 at 09:42 PM.

  9. #79
    Educator OnWisconsin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    04-07-16 @ 02:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    710

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i will translate your statement to clarity it....by making a few changes to it.


    "I think you are confusing my point.. I'm not arguing for or against one political ideology.. I'm saying quite literally "conservatives have more of a mentality of individualism and liberals have more of a collectivist mentality, if you deny that then you have your head in the sand"
    Thank you, apparently I was speaking greek.
    Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
    - Abraham Lincoln

    Before the war is ended, the war party assumes the divine right to denounce and silence all opposition to war as unpatriotic and cowardly.
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

    God, how patient are Thy poor! These corporations and masters of manipulation in finance heaping up great fortunes by a system of legalized extortion,
    and then exacting from the contributors--to whom a little means so much--a double share to guard the treasure!
    - Robert M. LaFollette, Wisconsin Governor and U.S. Senator

  10. #80
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Do far right Conservatives/Libertarians lack empathy?

    Quote Originally Posted by OnWisconsin View Post
    Thank you, apparently I was speaking greek.
    no your were not, its just...... "lone wolf...vs we are all is this together"


    brings up images of different things....the former, sounds like a "isolated" get out of here picture in my mind, while the latter conjures up the loving and embracing, i love you and am here for you kind of thing.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •