View Poll Results: Should 'people punching' weapons be kept by civilians who want them?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 67.86%
  • No

    6 21.43%
  • Not sure/it depends

    3 10.71%
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 249

Thread: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

  1. #81
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That tank coming to kill you doesn't give a **** about your pee shooter nor does that bomb care that you're on the ground running around with guns. You're still very much dead.
    I've the right to die shooting.

  2. #82
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Yes it is, I just didn't explain myself very well. Take it from me, since I was the author, that was what I was trying to say.
    This is an example of what militias possessed in those days....

    A Rare Revolutionary Cannon Returns to Minuteman Park

    ....and don't forget that militia = citizens according to the Founders.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I've the right to die shooting.
    In the stupidest way imaginable. Have fun standing up to that cannon with your gun. It should be fun to watch at least.

  4. #84
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    In the stupidest way imaginable. Have fun standing up to that cannon with your gun. It should be fun to watch at least.
    Ain't skeered.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Ain't skeered.
    There is bravery and then there is just retardation. Like for example, showing up to face down a tank with a gun.

  6. #86
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    There is bravery and then there is just retardation, like for example, showing up to face down a tank with a gun.
    Meh, tanks aren't so tough.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Meh, tanks aren't so tough.
    They're tough enough to take on your pee shooter.

    People that make your argument are essentially making the argument that the government should have jets, bombs, drones, tanks, etc, while the people should have things like pistols, shotguns and rifles. Guess who wins? Guess who just showed up to a gun fight with a sword? It isn't the government.

  8. #88
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,312

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    They're tough enough to take on your pee shooter.
    I doubt it. My 'pee' shooter is capable of defeating any number of tanks.

    People that make your argument are essentially making the argument that the government should have jets, bombs, drones, tanks, etc, while the people should have things like pistols, shotguns and rifles. Guess who wins? Guess who just showed up to a gun fight with a sword? It isn't the government.
    Sorry, dude, no nukes for you. Some weapons are tools of the state and do not belong in the hands of private individuals. The founders knew this and thus specified "A... militia" not "a private army and navy".
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-26-14 at 09:46 PM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    That would depend on the number of rounds it could shoot without reloading.
    Most handguns store 5-10 with the upper limit being 16 in a factory mag. A few kinds of handguns can store 30 in a factory mag, and its a jump from 16 right to 30, I don't know of any handgun that stores 20something rounds.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-26-14 at 09:51 PM.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I doubt it. My 'pee' shooter is capable of defeating any number of tanks.
    Whatever you say there, Ecofarm.

    Sorry, dude, no nukes for you. Some weapons are tools of the state and do not belong in the hands of private individuals. The founders knew this and thus specified "A... militia" not "a private army and navy".
    Because the state is more trustworthy than the people? That position makes literally no sense.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •