View Poll Results: Should 'people punching' weapons be kept by civilians who want them?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 67.86%
  • No

    6 21.43%
  • Not sure/it depends

    3 10.71%
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Results 241 to 249 of 249

Thread: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

  1. #241
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Slow down, there; your coherence is breaking up at a critical rate.

    So much so that your own statements can be used against you, like this: "Oh sure; like 'any' person has a class-3 firearm sitting in their cabinet."
    And of course, you know that some silos hold missiles instead of grain...
    So far as I am aware, civilians can own decommissioned missile silos.

    However I have never heard that civilians can own the ICBM's those silos were built to house, let alone the nuclear warheads they were armed with.

    So saying someone can have a silo in their back yard is kinda misleading in that regard.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #242
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,201

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Slow down, there; your coherence is breaking up at a critical rate.

    So much so that your own statements can be used against you, like this: "Oh sure; like 'any' person has a class-3 firearm sitting in their cabinet."
    And of course, you know that some silos hold missiles instead of grain...
    You don't seem to understand, several people own missile silos, it isn't against the law. If you want to be understood you should better communicate. People aren't allowed to own missiles. Silos are legal to own.

    A Bic lighter and brake cleaner makes a "flamethrower" so yeah most people can pick that stuff up at a local Wal-Mart.

    Your argument is still flawed. Because the second amendment isn't about hunting, or self defence lets look at the text to point this out.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

    A well regulated militia necessary to the security of a free state...hum why do you suppose this was included?

    And the right must not be infringed. Seems to spell it out the reason why rifles aren't illegal, no matter how scary you think they look is because the second amendment forbids it.
    It's okay to be white

  3. #243
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    In a sense, a shotgun firing one of these might be called a "people punching weapon".
    Bean bag round - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    But it would more likely be called "a shotgun loaded with beanbag rounds".
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #244
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Your argument is still flawed. Because the second amendment isn't about hunting, or self defence lets look at the text to point this out.
    Had you bothered to read the rest of my argument, you'd know that I made no such claim.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    And of course, you know that some silos hold missiles instead of grain...
    Sure, but you weren't talking about missles. You were only talking about silos:
    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Unfortunately, using that is the only reason is overgeneralizing. You could use it to show equal justification for carrying around a flamethrower or keeping a backyard silo.
    See? No mention of missles in that post, only buildings. You can own a tank, too, because thats just a heavy tracked vehicle. Owning a functional cannon for it is a diferent story, but you can own a tank. Tom Cruse owns a Mustang Fighter. No machienguns, of course, but he owns the aircraft.

  6. #246
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Unfortunately, using that is the only reason is overgeneralizing. You could use it to show equal justification for carrying around a flamethrower or keeping a backyard silo.
    Flamethrowers are completely legal.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #247
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,201

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    Had you bothered to read the rest of my argument, you'd know that I made no such claim.
    Well than you op was pointless.
    It's okay to be white

  8. #248
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:37 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,513

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    How old are you?
    Old enough to know that your knowledge of guns probably stops with where to put the water:


  9. #249
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,078

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Moderator's Warning:
    'People punching' guns[W:249]Cut out the trolling and personal sniping.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •