View Poll Results: Should 'people punching' weapons be kept by civilians who want them?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 67.86%
  • No

    6 21.43%
  • Not sure/it depends

    3 10.71%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 249

Thread: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

  1. #101
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Without others I wouldn't have been born. What's your point?
    My point is you have no choice but to enter the Social Contract. The need to exist among others requires a restriction of your absolute freedom. Everyone looses some freedom for justice. You can't just 'do whateva u want' and you cannot have a nuke.

    Perhaps you will understand what the founders did and admit the specification of "militia"/infantry arms was intentional and wise.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    My point is you have no choice but to enter the Social Contract. The need to exist among others requires a restriction of your absolute freedom. Everyone looses some freedom for justice. You can't just 'do whateva u want' and you cannot have a nuke.
    A contract is an agreement, so your entire argument is nonsense. I entered into no such contract.

    Perhaps you will understand what the founders did and admit the specification of "militia"/infantry was intentional and wise.
    I will not. The creation of the nuke was stupid, but I will not accept any restriction of freedom.

  3. #103
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    A contract is an agreement, so your entire argument is nonsense. I entered into no such contract.

    I will not. The creation of the nuke was stupid, but I will not accept any restriction of freedom.
    This is nonsense. Are you getting me back for the laughs during your 'tank vs. rifle' crap?

  4. #104
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by DifferentDrummr View Post
    The "nuh uh" defense adds no strength to your argument at all.
    the only one (errr...ones) that are making the nu uh defense are those that see the precise words and voiced intent and still pretend "nope, not buyin it...thats not what they meant." The beauty of relying on the FACTS is that I dont have to make up a pretend argument. We HAVE a Constitution. We HAVE a Bill of Rights which enumerates the RIGHTS of the CITIZENS and places limitations on government. We have the founders spoken intent. What you are left with is your opinion that you dont like it. Which is certainly FINE...you are entitled to your opinion, regardless of inconsistency with the facts.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    This is nonsense. Are you getting me back for the laughs during your 'tank vs. rifle' crap?
    It's nonsense? So when did I agree to the terms of this contract of yours? Without my agreement to this contract there is no contract between you and me.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    The discussion on "social contracts" is even dumber than "people-punching guns".

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The discussion on "social contracts" is even dumber than "people-punching guns".
    Any discussion on the existence of a social contract is dumb since those making the argument it exists can offer no proof that it does in fact exist and that people agreed to it's terms. The best part is when they say you don't have to agree, as if they can hold people to the terms of a contract without them agreeing to it. They apparently never looked up the word contract.

  8. #108
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It's nonsense? So when did I agree to the terms of this contract of yours? Without my agreement to this contract there is no contract between you and me.
    I'm referring to The Social Contract. An agreement we all enter into for the purpose of co-existence.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    I'm referring to The Social Contract. An agreement we all enter into for the purpose of co-existence.
    I know. Where is this contract you speak of? If you are going to hold me to the terms of a contract the least you can do is allow me to look over it's terms.

  10. #110
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Would you mind providing a source for any particular firearm having the explicit "primary purpose of killing several people at close or medium range in a very short time"?
    He is going to have trouble with that, weapons are produced to function in a specific way such as lighter trigger pull, for automatics a faster rate of fire, and different rifling patterns to control the spiral of the shot but these are functional characteristics and not purpose built designs. Saying a gun "was designed specifically to..............." without adding "fire a projectile in a straight line" is automatically wrong.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •