View Poll Results: Should 'people punching' weapons be kept by civilians who want them?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 67.86%
  • No

    6 21.43%
  • Not sure/it depends

    3 10.71%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 249

Thread: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

  1. #91
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Because the state is more trustworthy than the people? That position makes literally no sense.
    The state is made up of many individuals, with many perspectives and is bound by constitutional law. That system is a much more reliable use of such weaponry than an individual's whim.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    The state is made up of many individuals, with many perspectives and is bound by constitutional law. That system is a much more reliable use of such weaponry than an individual's whim.
    That argument couldn't be expanded to just about anything. Nope.

  3. #93
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    That argument couldn't be expanded to just about anything. Nope.
    That's because it's the social contract, in this case regarding the private ownership of weapons. One also cannot incarcerate people, negotiate treaties and other such endeavors that are best left to the decision of many under a legal system.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's because it's the social contract, in this case regarding the private ownership of weapons. One also cannot incarcerate people, negotiate treaties and other such endeavors that are best left to the decision of many under a legal system.
    So it's another one of those contracts I never agreed to? So what you're saying is it doesn't apply to me. Good to know.

  5. #95
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    So it's another one of those contracts I never agreed to? So what you're saying is it doesn't apply to me. Good to know.
    You should edit wiki: Social contract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "This is crap, not real and does not apply to me". Enter that under 'critical theories/sociopathy'.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You should edit wiki: Social contract - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    "This is crap, not real and does not apply to me". Enter that under 'critical theories/sociopathy'.
    It is. It's the last section called Voluntarism or otherwise known as your coercion is bull**** and I reject it, or the "stop forcing me into contracts and then saying your actions are just" section.

  7. #97
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    It is. It's the last section called Voluntarism or otherwise known as your coercion is bull**** and I reject it, or the "stop forcing me into contracts and then saying your actions are just" section.
    You are free to leave and seek a social contract elsewhere. You are also free to dream about utopia and cry victim because absolute does not exist.

    While you needn't accept the US social contract, you must, obviously, accept a social contract somewhere. One cannot "opt out", though the idea of doing so, or claiming to have done so, is funny in a naivety sort of way.

    I believe the traditional response is 'bless your heart'.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 07-26-14 at 10:21 PM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    You are free to leave and seek a social contract elsewhere. You are also free to dream about utopia and cry victim because absolute does not exist.

    While you needn't accept the US social contract, you must, obviously, accept a social contract somewhere. One cannot "opt out", though the idea of doing so, or claiming to have done so, is funny in an naivety sort of way.

    I believe the traditional response is 'bless your heart'.
    No, the truth is I don't have to accept anything ever. All you can ever do is throw around you weight at me, but you can never make me accept your coercion. Sorry, but I control my mind, not you.

    Saying that I'm party to a contract that doesn't even exist is stupid as hell. How could I ever agree to a contract that doesn't even exist?

  9. #99
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, the truth is I don't have to accept anything ever. All you can ever do is throw around you weight at me, but you can never make me accept your coercion. Sorry, but I control my mind, not you.
    Your mind means nothing without others. Without others, it would be virtually empty.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    re: 'People punching' guns[W:249]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Your mind means nothing without others. Without others, it would be virtually empty.
    Without others I wouldn't have been born. What's your point?

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •