View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    30 81.08%
  • disagree

    7 18.92%
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 285 of 285

Thread: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

  1. #281
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    First may I please ask you to start a new NFL thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So you're moving the goal post from scoffing at the notion that teams look for special teams players to suggesting
    Sam doesn't make sense as a special teams player? I'll be happy to address your argument,
    I just want to be sure that I'm understand the new position if your goalpost correctly and see you acknowledge your shifting of it
    I believe this St. Louis pick had a lot to do with their connection with MIZZOU, a favor if you will.
    MIZZOU runs a lot of activities through all the new stadia in St. Louis, including the D1 Wrestling about every 1/3 year at the Scottrade.

    Special teams/DL/Will LB/maybe a Mike--I expect him to succeed because he has something to prove -
    Physics is Phun

  2. #282
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    you are actually comparing players that have made it in the NFL with a 7th round rookie yet to stick on a single roster?
    Not really, I think it's more understandable for the 7th round rookie yet to stick on a roster to look for other revenue streams than it is for an established player, because the 7th round rookie isn't really making any money yet.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #283
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The evidence proves very clearly that you are desperate to find homophobe. you took "HAd Michael Sams come out and said "BTW...I'm gay. Now...game on" I dont think anyone would have had too much concern. Unfortunately he made it a spectacle not by his announcement but by his follow on actions. Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show. He and his handlers went out of their way to make this be about everything BUT the game. Thats the kind of distraction that has been mentioned and it is the same kind of freak show mentality that Johnny Manziel brought with him." and are STILL desperately seeking homophobe.
    "HAd Michael Sams come out and said "BTW...I'm gay. Now...game on" I dont think anyone would have had too much concern." Hmmm...nope...no homophobe there.
    "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show." Yep...thats ABSOLUTELY a true statement and NOT homophobic. It expressed concern for the spectacle, something YOU acknowledge and point out by RIGHTFULLY stating Jeff Fisher not only identified it as a problem AND put the kibosh on it. Because it was a spectacle and had the potential to be a problem and no coach wants their 7th round, undersized, slow, weak 'special teams player' to be a distraction. As desperate as you are to make it homophobe...sorry...fail again.
    "Thats the kind of distraction that has been mentioned and it is the same kind of freak show mentality that Johnny Manziel brought with him" Yep...and thats why I agree with Dungy. He was a 7th rounder with little if ANY real upside and I would not have taken on the spectacle...just as I wouldnt have taken on Manziel. It has nothing to do with his being gay. It has everything to do with the spectacle. NOT homophobic...but lord dont you want to make it be homophobe.
    Face it. You are 'that guy', Tucker.
    there were three questions there you failed to answer. Here they are again:

    What is your general stance on homosexuals/homosexuality?

    Do you get repulsed if you see two men kissing?

    Do you have the "It's ok so long as they keep it behind closed doors cause I don't want to see it" mentality?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #284
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    there were three questions there you failed to answer. Here they are again:

    What is your general stance on homosexuals/homosexuality?

    Do you get repulsed if you see two men kissing?

    Do you have the "It's ok so long as they keep it behind closed doors cause I don't want to see it" mentality?
    I get that you desperately want to make this be about your sexuality and finding homophobia. BELIEVE me...I get it. That has been painfully obvious. Its very telling that you have completely abandoned the FACTS as related to the actual topic and are now trying a different path as you desperately seek to make this be about homophobia. I think you actually think you are smart and this is somehow going to work. Its not.

    What you are left with is the now very obvious factual reality that nothing I said was homophobic and that you in your sad pathetic little way are still desperate to try to make it be about homophobia. You know what is REALLY pathetic?At least Latrelle in the Key and Peele skit had the grace to admit when he was wrong and it was really about him. You lack even that.
    Last edited by VanceMack; 07-31-14 at 10:01 AM.

  5. #285
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Not really, I think it's more understandable for the 7th round rookie yet to stick on a roster to look for other revenue streams than it is for an established player, because the 7th round rookie isn't really making any money yet.
    head coaches and fans root for team success, not the revenue stream of players on the team.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •