View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    30 81.08%
  • disagree

    7 18.92%
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 285

Thread: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

  1. #271
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    it wasn't his coming out that was the spectacle. I states that but you are desperate to find homophobe. It was the reality show before he even started training camp. I said that by you are desperate to find homophobe. Fisher did indeed say he thought it would be a distraction but you are desperate to find homophobe. Fisher did put the kibosh on it but you are desperate to find homophobe. Face it. You are that guy.

    The evidence proves your claims about me wrong, so stop lying.

    Now slap on some balls and answer some questions:

    What is your general stance on homosexuals/homosexuality?

    Do you get repulsed if you see two men kissing?

    Do you have the "It's ok so long as they keep it behind closed doors cause I don't want to see it" mentality?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #272
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Vick was a huge distraction. Not as much in the locker room but to any team that took him. Protests in every city.
    Yet that was his best season *ever.* And it was not a distraction because the team didn't allow it to be. After his stellar second season with the Eagles, his crappy play was the big distraction.

    Sam's story, like Vick's, will fade. I am sure the media will become more bored with each and every new gay drafted.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #273
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Now slap on some balls
    Kinky...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #274
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players.

    Youre really kind of just a casual fan at best and ignorant about how football teams generally actually function, aren't you?

    Yes, teams are generally always looking for special teams players; especially in late round picks and end of the roster guys like Sam is. At least the good teams do. The bad teams don't and end up like the Redskins last year with horrible results. Which is why, shocked, the redskins specifically went looking for special teams players this year in free agency (picking up two ST captains of other teams ) and the draft (passing on better prospects at the position to get guys who were projected as good ST players).

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post

    As far as deciding to do the reality show goes, good for Sam. lots of NFL players have been doing reality TV lately, but nobody has agreed to do one that was so socially important before sam. Most of those shows have been freakshows (Remember Chad Johnson's relaity show?), whereas sam's was intended to be inspirational to a marginalized population of people in the US.
    Agree with all but this. Deciding to so the show was idiotic from a football sense and immediately made me question his sincere focus on making the most of his football career first and foremost. I thought the same when I heard AJ McCarron was slated to appear in one when it hit the news wire in the off season. You've never took a snap professionally, you're a 7th round pick, and you're already trying to be some television star in the run up to camp? Ridiculous. It's a good thing Fischer put then kibosh on it, but it shouldn't have even happened. If he's more concerned with being an entertainer or a public figure then simply a football player than sure, it's smart. But if he's going to claim he's focused on football and he's going to do all he can to make it in the NFL then causing distraction (and in this case it is action he's choosing to take doing it, as opposed to a reactionary thing) and focusing time, energy, and effort in putting yourself over as a celebrity when you're a fringe nfl player to begin with is dumb.

  5. #275
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Were you equally critical of Decker's reality TV show? What about the various players who have been on Dancing with the Stars, etc?
    you are actually comparing players that have made it in the NFL with a 7th round rookie yet to stick on a single roster?

  6. #276
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Youre really kind of just a casual fan at best and ignorant about how football teams generally actually function, aren't you?

    Yes, teams are generally always looking for special teams players; especially in late round picks and end of the roster guys like Sam is
    I'm sure ALL teams are looking for a scouted 'slow' defensive lineman for their special teams. Yeah...THATS how they fill their rosters. They take a 261 pound defensive lineman with slow 40 times and low weight rep counts and keep him on a roster as a special teams player.

    "NFL Network timed Sam at 4.79 seconds and 4.84 seconds in his two 40-yard dash attempts. That’s not a good showing for a 261-pound defensive end. Several bigger defensive ends have run faster, and some defensive tackles are faster, too.
    And that comes on the heels of yesterday’s performance in the bench press in which Sam managed just 17 repetitions of 225 pounds. That was the second-worst showing among defensive linemen, and plenty of non-linemen (including seven wide receivers) did better than that as well. If you’re not strong and you’re not fast, that’s not a good combination."
    Last edited by VanceMack; 07-30-14 at 11:18 PM.

  7. #277
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    The evidence proves your claims about me wrong, so stop lying.

    Now slap on some balls and answer some questions:

    What is your general stance on homosexuals/homosexuality?

    Do you get repulsed if you see two men kissing?

    Do you have the "It's ok so long as they keep it behind closed doors cause I don't want to see it" mentality?
    The evidence proves very clearly that you are desperate to find homophobe. you took "HAd Michael Sams come out and said "BTW...I'm gay. Now...game on" I dont think anyone would have had too much concern. Unfortunately he made it a spectacle not by his announcement but by his follow on actions. Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show. He and his handlers went out of their way to make this be about everything BUT the game. Thats the kind of distraction that has been mentioned and it is the same kind of freak show mentality that Johnny Manziel brought with him." and are STILL desperately seeking homophobe.
    "HAd Michael Sams come out and said "BTW...I'm gay. Now...game on" I dont think anyone would have had too much concern." Hmmm...nope...no homophobe there.
    "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show." Yep...thats ABSOLUTELY a true statement and NOT homophobic. It expressed concern for the spectacle, something YOU acknowledge and point out by RIGHTFULLY stating Jeff Fisher not only identified it as a problem AND put the kibosh on it. Because it was a spectacle and had the potential to be a problem and no coach wants their 7th round, undersized, slow, weak 'special teams player' to be a distraction. As desperate as you are to make it homophobe...sorry...fail again.
    "Thats the kind of distraction that has been mentioned and it is the same kind of freak show mentality that Johnny Manziel brought with him" Yep...and thats why I agree with Dungy. He was a 7th rounder with little if ANY real upside and I would not have taken on the spectacle...just as I wouldnt have taken on Manziel. It has nothing to do with his being gay. It has everything to do with the spectacle. NOT homophobic...but lord dont you want to make it be homophobe.
    Face it. You are 'that guy', Tucker.

  8. #278
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    I think they were taken out of context. I don't think he had any derogatory intentions, but I do believe he is right. It will cause a distraction. Not necessarily because the other players have a problem, but because the media frenzy might be overwhelming for the team. All it takes is one interview with one Rams player to be skewed the wrong way and you have a "scandal" on your hands.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  9. #279
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I'm sure ALL teams are looking for a scouted 'slow' defensive lineman for their special teams. ."
    So you're moving the goal post from scoffing at the notion that teams look for special teams players to suggesting Sam doesn't make sense as a special teams player? I'll be happy to address your argument, I just want to be sure that I'm understand the new position if your goalpost correctly and see you acknowledge your shifting of it

  10. #280
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So you're moving the goal post from scoffing at the notion that teams look for special teams players to suggesting Sam doesn't make sense as a special teams player? I'll be happy to address your argument, I just want to be sure that I'm understand the new position if your goalpost correctly and see you acknowledge your shifting of it
    They arent looking for a special teams player...they are looking AT a player that is at his position undersized, slow, and weak. Im just CERTAIN that is what teams are looking for...defensive ends that cant run a 40 as fast as many d-linemen to play on special teams.

    Do you even hear yourself?

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •