View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    30 81.08%
  • disagree

    7 18.92%
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 285

Thread: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

  1. #251
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Kearse IS a beast which is why offered half of his sack count in what is often called a 'counter offer' to the friendly wager in what I assume was a friendly and rather light hearted discussion Donc and I were having. Then, you did what you always do...wade in with your prissy little bitchy drama queen act. Geeeeeezus...you must be a ****ing drag in bars and at parties. Are you even CAPABLE of being normal?
    Seven sacks is a totally unrealistic expectation for a seventh round pick.

    Your blatant personal attack is duly noted.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #252
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    1-no teams draft converted offensive lineman EVER to be special teams specialists, and 2-his pass rushing was one of his weakest playing points.

    Now that Kobie did what Kobie always does and **** on a perfectly friendly conversation...

    A 'pass rushing specialist' sack count of 6 then? deal?
    Don,t mean it wont work.He's going against undrafted Ethan Westbrooks.UNDRAFTED?Hey, coach Jeff Fisher and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams seem to think thatta work but who knows whatta work?According to the STL today "Sams showed promise in blocking drills and is quicker since dropping a few pounds since OTAs. "
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #253
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Donc View Post
    Don,t mean it wont work.He's going against undrafted Ethan Westbrooks.UNDRAFTED?Hey, coach Jeff Fisher and defensive coordinator Gregg Williams seem to think thatta work but who knows whatta work?According to the STL today "Sams showed promise in blocking drills and is quicker since dropping a few pounds since OTAs. "
    So...5 then?

  4. #254
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    HAd Michael Sams come out and said "BTW...I'm gay. Now...game on" I dont think anyone would have had too much concern. Unfortunately he made it a spectacle not by his announcement but by his follow on actions. Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show. He and his handlers went out of their way to make this be about everything BUT the game. Thats the kind of distraction that has been mentioned and it is the same kind of freak show mentality that Johnny Manziel brought with him.

    A reporter did a breakdown of Sams the day after he came out as being gay. What the film showed was that he was undersized, lacked speed, didnt have a strong pass rushing presence. They also broke down his play against those players that would not be even considered as an NFL prospect vs those that were NFL caliber college players. Results..beast mode against the first group, zip against the second. "A majority of his production came in three games against inferior competition without a need to show much of a pass-rushing repertoire. He doesnít show much of what the NFL looks for on special teams, and itís difficult to project a position for him on the next level. For those reasons, Sam would project to be no better than a mid- to late-round pick. He could go undrafted."

    And thats from a guy that likes him and thinks he actually could make it on the right team with the right set of circumstances.
    First of all, Sam reported to training camp on time. You're just totally incorrect about him not reporting. Don't say **** that isn't true in order to vilify the guy for **** he has not done.

    Second, he didn't make any spectacle of his coming out. He signed on for a reality show, yes, but then Fisher kiboshed it and he went along with his coaches decision. There's no spectacle there.

    There was nothing at all untoward about what Sam has done since he came out. Despite all of the media attention, he's actually handled himself very well. Just ask his coach. The guy he listened to when he backed out of the reality show.

    As far as deciding to do the reality show goes, good for Sam. lots of NFL players have been doing reality TV lately, but nobody has agreed to do one that was so socially important before sam. Most of those shows have been freakshows (Remember Chad Johnson's relaity show?), whereas sam's was intended to be inspirational to a marginalized population of people in the US.

    ****, the NFL itself has a reality show.

    I'll take that reality show over Hard Knocks any day of the week.

    Don't lie about Sam's actions simply because you want to demonize him. The guy has been stand-up and respectable the whole time.

    You want to know the real thing that would make it so that there was no media attention surrounding Sam playing in the NFL? If every single homophobic douchebag in the world just kill themselves.

    See, if you get rid of the homophobic douchebags in the world, the issue wouldn't be an issue because nobody would feel the need to hide the fact that they are gay and, as such, all of the existing gay players in the NFL would simply come out and admit they are gay without any fears of being demononized or blackballed by homophobic douchebags.

    Sadly, the homophobes aren't going to kill themselves, so we have a media spectacle attached to someone being courageous enough to be the first openly gay player in the NFL.

    The truth is, Sam DID say "Hey I'm gay, let's get to work" but the homophobes aren't capable of accepting that, so they make up lies in order to pretend he didn't.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  5. #255
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players.
    With 7th round picks? Absolutely. That's exactly what gets a 7th rounder his job. I mean that quite literally. Go find an NFL exec and ask him what they are looking for in a 7th round pick and they will say "We want a guy who can contribute on special teams and potentially serve as a solid backup/role player".
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #256
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    First of all, Sam reported to training camp on time. You're just totally incorrect about him not reporting. Don't say **** that isn't true in order to vilify the guy for **** he has not done.

    Second, he didn't make any spectacle of his coming out. He signed on for a reality show, yes, but then Fisher kiboshed it and he went along with his coaches decision. There's no spectacle there.

    There was nothing at all untoward about what Sam has done since he came out. Despite all of the media attention, he's actually handled himself very well. Just ask his coach. The guy he listened to when he backed out of the reality show.

    As far as deciding to do the reality show goes, good for Sam. lots of NFL players have been doing reality TV lately, but nobody has agreed to do one that was so socially important before sam. Most of those shows have been freakshows (Remember Chad Johnson's relaity show?), whereas sam's was intended to be inspirational to a marginalized population of people in the US.

    ****, the NFL itself has a reality show.

    I'll take that reality show over Hard Knocks any day of the week.

    Don't lie about Sam's actions simply because you want to demonize him. The guy has been stand-up and respectable the whole time.

    You want to know the real thing that would make it so that there was no media attention surrounding Sam playing in the NFL? If every single homophobic douchebag in the world just kill themselves.

    See, if you get rid of the homophobic douchebags in the world, the issue wouldn't be an issue because nobody would feel the need to hide the fact that they are gay and, as such, all of the existing gay players in the NFL would simply come out and admit they are gay without any fears of being demononized or blackballed by homophobic douchebags.

    Sadly, the homophobes aren't going to kill themselves, so we have a media spectacle attached to someone being courageous enough to be the first openly gay player in the NFL.

    The truth is, Sam DID say "Hey I'm gay, let's get to work" but the homophobes aren't capable of accepting that, so they make up lies in order to pretend he didn't.
    Geeeeeezus you are as desperate to find homophobia as Kobie is. I never said he hadnt reported to training camp...what I said was that "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show". WHEN did he sign for a reality show? BEFORE he had even reported to training camp. WHY did the coach put the kibosh on the reality show? BECAUSE it would have been a spectacle and an unnecessary distraction.

    And then of course you just skipped over the actual football related things...because really...all you want to see is homophobic douchebags. Theres a pretty good skit for people that are desperate to find homophobes...


  7. #257
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Geeeeeezus you are as desperate to find homophobia as Kobie is. I never said he hadnt reported to training camp...what I said was that "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show". WHEN did he sign for a reality show? BEFORE he had even reported to training camp. WHY did the coach put the kibosh on the reality show? BECAUSE it would have been a spectacle and an unnecessary distraction.

    And then of course you just skipped over the actual football related things...because really...all you want to see is homophobic douchebags. Theres a pretty good skit for people that are desperate to find homophobes...

    I'm not to blame for your terrible sentence structure. When you say "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show." That means that he has not reported to training camp. As in present ****ing tense. Learn how tyo write before you take umbrage to people being competent at reading.

    And of course he signed up for the reality show BEFORE he showed up for camp. He was literally unable to show up for camp any time prior to signing the reality show because it was done months before training camp could be reported to. the two things are completely unrelated.

    And ask ANY 7th round pick if he wants to make some money doing a reality show and he'll probably say yes, provided he's not an idiot. In the NFL there are no guaranteed contracts and 7th rounders are always at risk of being cut. He's smart to try and make money.

    I mean, were you outraged by this reality show: Broncos WR Eric Decker and country singer fiancee land reality show - CBSSports.com

    Probably not.


    And the reason I ignored your "football-related things" is becasue you didn't even realize that 7th rounders are taken in order to be special teams contributors, and that's common ****ing knowledge that anyone with any knowledge of the draft process is aware of. The fact of the matter is that you DON'T have any football related things as you are not knowledgeable enough of how the NFL works in order to have any such things. You don't even have the basic knowledge that 7th rounders are looked at for special teams contributions. That's like not knowing what a forward pass is, IMO.

    And you don't have to like it, but the fact of the matter is that homophobia is what causes irrational criticisms and outright distortions (aka the **** you are doing).

    What you'll note in the Key and Peele skit that you cited is that the alleged homophobe in that skit is making very reasonable observations. He is not spouting off irrational nonsense founded on ignorance. He's not saying stupid **** like "yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players." as though it is a reasonable argument in defiance of all facts and information.

    I'll defend Dungy, because his statements were RATIONAL. He's actually like the rational person in the scenario described in the Key and Peele skit. But a person who says **** like "yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players" is going to get called out as a homophobe because such a person is not presenting anything rational to support his position on Sam.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  8. #258
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm not to blame for your terrible sentence structure. When you say "Dood hasnt even reported to training camp and he signed on to do a "reality" show." That means that he has not reported to training camp. As in present ****ing tense. Learn how tyo write before you take umbrage to people being competent at reading.

    And of course he signed up for the reality show BEFORE he showed up for camp. He was literally unable to show up for camp any time prior to signing the reality show because it was done months before training camp could be reported to. the two things are completely unrelated.

    And ask ANY 7th round pick if he wants to make some money doing a reality show and he'll probably say yes, provided he's not an idiot. In the NFL there are no guaranteed contracts and 7th rounders are always at risk of being cut. He's smart to try and make money.

    I mean, were you outraged by this reality show: Broncos WR Eric Decker and country singer fiancee land reality show - CBSSports.com

    Probably not.


    And the reason I ignored your "football-related things" is becasue you didn't even realize that 7th rounders are taken in order to be special teams contributors, and that's common ****ing knowledge that anyone with any knowledge of the draft process is aware of. The fact of the matter is that you DON'T have any football related things as you are not knowledgeable enough of how the NFL works in order to have any such things. You don't even have the basic knowledge that 7th rounders are looked at for special teams contributions. That's like not knowing what a forward pass is, IMO.

    And you don't have to like it, but the fact of the matter is that homophobia is what causes irrational criticisms and outright distortions (aka the **** you are doing).

    What you'll note in the Key and Peele skit that you cited is that the alleged homophobe in that skit is making very reasonable observations. He is not spouting off irrational nonsense founded on ignorance. He's not saying stupid **** like "yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players." as though it is a reasonable argument in defiance of all facts and information.

    I'll defend Dungy, because his statements were RATIONAL. He's actually like the rational person in the scenario described in the Key and Peele skit. But a person who says **** like "yep..THATS what teams are always looking for. Special teams players" is going to get called out as a homophobe because such a person is not presenting anything rational to support his position on Sam.
    Sorry...but you are the one desperate to find "homophobe". That just sad.

  9. #259
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sorry...but you are the one desperate to find "homophobe". That just sad.
    Given the total lack of any evidence to support your claim above, what do you base it on?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  10. #260
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,657

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Given the total lack of any evidence to support your claim above, what do you base it on?
    Every word out of your mouth. You are desperate to find homohobia. Its sad. You MAY want to consider...it might just be you.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •