View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    30 81.08%
  • disagree

    7 18.92%
Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 285

Thread: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    I don't know what your point is but Michael Sam would have went first overall if he had Michael Vick's talent.

    He doesn't though. He may legitimately even have been the worst player taken in this year's draft.

    He's certainly in that conversation anyway.
    When was Vick healthy last?

  2. #172
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is double-speak. If the media is a distraction, and the media is focusing on a particular individual, then by natural and logical extension that particular individual IS the distraction. Why do we always insist on whitewashing everything?

    Having said that, I wish we could just simply not care. Does he help the team win, or not? Barring something really extreme like convicted child molestation (or similar), that's all I care about.
    I think what he's saying is his teammates probably won't care about his sexuality to any real degree but it's going to be the focal point of the media surrounding the team, which will be where the distraction lies. Seeing how the media has blown up every thing involving him since he came out of the closet, I'm not really sure how anyone can disagree. I mean we're having a conversation about the audacity of a former coach acknowledging he would have passed on a SEVENTH rounder. Pretty much everyone drafted in the seventh round could potentially have been passed up on.

  3. #173
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    When was Vick healthy last?
    Vick is in his mid-30's now.

    He made the Pro Bowl when he came back.

  4. #174
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    How well he can play remains to be seen, and I think he deserves a shot.
    Because he sucks dick?

    I don't have a problem with a team picking him late in the draft. It's the idea that if you DIDN'T pick him you're a bigot I have a problem with.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    Vick is in his mid-30's now.

    He made the Pro Bowl when he came back.
    So? I don't think he has played a whole season. He is notoriously injury prone.

  6. #176
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So? I don't think he has played a whole season. He is notoriously injury prone.
    So what?

    10 games with him at QB is a whole lot better than a full season of Michael Sam at DE.

    It's really not even debatable.

  7. #177
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    Because he sucks dick?

    I don't have a problem with a team picking him late in the draft. It's the idea that if you DIDN'T pick him you're a bigot I have a problem with.
    I never said that. You said he shouldn't have been drafted, and I think it wasn't a bad pick all things considered.

    He won't be the first player who likes to suck dick anyway, he's just the first one that we know likes to do that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #178
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    So what?

    10 games with him at QB is a whole lot better than a full season of Michael Sam at DE.

    It's really not even debatable.
    I think they've got him as a LB, and he isn't going to start anyway. Probably never will, but if he can play special teams and rush the passer on 3rd down he'll be a nice role player.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #179
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I never said that. You said he shouldn't have been drafted, and I think it wasn't a bad pick all things considered.

    He won't be the first player who likes to suck dick anyway, he's just the first one that we know likes to do that.
    That's because he shouldn't have been drafted.

    Talent wise, he's one of the worst players drafted this year. You could potentially argue that he's good enough to be one of the last guys picked but the difference between him and whoever would have been picked next isn't enough to make up for the media firestorm he's causing. It was a dumb pick, especially by the Rams who have no place to even put him.

    There only reason you're talking about him is because you like his sexuality.

  10. #180
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,124

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    That's because he shouldn't have been drafted.

    Talent wise, he's one of the worst players drafted this year. You could potentially argue that he's good enough to be one of the last guys picked but the difference between him and whoever would have been picked next isn't enough to make up for the media firestorm he's causing. It was a dumb pick, especially by the Rams who have no place to even put him.

    There only reason you're talking about him is because you like his sexuality.
    I have no feelings about his sexuality one way or the other. A team from St. Louis drafted a guy from Missouri - I don't know for sure, but I'd bet there's a fair number of football fans in St. Louis who went to the University of Missouri. As a role player and a possible box office draw, I don't think it's a bad pick.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •