View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    30 81.08%
  • disagree

    7 18.92%
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 285

Thread: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sams?

  1. #151
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Using the "distraction" excuse is cowardly and not at all believable. NFL needs to man up about this. You know what else is distraction? Having a dog killer on your team, rapists, Ray Lewis, bigots like Dungee. It's obvious that teams avoided drafting Sam out of prejudice. They might want to keep in mind that in many of these cities, such discrimination is illegal. That it's a 'draft' makes no difference. It's still employment.

  2. #152
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, it's gay because they are in fact taking the time to comment on another mans body. Men comment on women, and that is perfectly acceptable behavior, but commenting on and further being curious about other mens bodies is gay. It has nothing to do with insecurity and everything to do with what they are doing. It could be that they say the man has a great body and it would be just as frowned upon as saying the man has a small penis to many men that agree with me.
    That's not gay. The fact that you think it is says more about you than it does anyone who might be doing those things.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    That's not gay. The fact that you think it is says more about you than it does anyone who might be doing those things.
    Hardly. It says that I find the behavior creepy and a sign that the person is in fact gay.

  4. #154
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    I kind of agree with his comments. The thing is there is never a point in the NFL draft where Michael Sam is clearly the best player. There's no way to convincingly argue that Sam will be significantly better than say Ahmad Dixon or Ken Bishop or 50 other prospects rated around there. I don't think the potential for distraction is all that huge of a drain on a team's chances, but given that I can have a player of pretty much equal NFL prospects I probably take someone else there. And this is coming as a huge Missouri Tiger, St. Louis Rams, and Michael Sam fan.

    Now, on the other hand, if Gerald Robinson were gay and I were the Rams GM, I easily, easily still take him with the #2 pick. The potential for distraction is nowhere near enough to outweigh his advantages over other players like Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan especially when considering drafting teammate Tre Mason a few rounds later.

    The 7th round is pretty much a crapshoot and personally I probably wouldn't take the chance. Still, I don't think it was a terrible choice and as a fan I don't mind that the Rams picked him and I hope he does well for the team.
    Well that's incredibly self-serving route to take. Hopefully you would get sued for it cause those employment discrimination laws exist for reason. Sorry but the media is all over certain players for various reasons and their "distraction" is tolerated. How very weak and fragile the NFL appears with all the crying about the media.

  5. #155
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Hardly. It says that I find the behavior creepy and a sign that the person is in fact gay.
    Exactly. It says something about you and your opinions, certainly much more than it says about the reality of their sexuality.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Exactly. It says something about you and your opinions, certainly much more than it says about the reality of their sexuality.
    If you say so. I don't happen to agree with that considering that their behavior indicates certain tendencies and thought patterns.

  7. #157
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Well that's incredibly self-serving route to take. Hopefully you would get sued for it cause those employment discrimination laws exist for reason. Sorry but the media is all over certain players for various reasons and their "distraction" is tolerated. How very weak and fragile the NFL appears with all the crying about the media.
    If by self serving you mean giving the team the best chance to win, then that's how a GM should operate. Other players' distractions are tolerated because they're good enough that their talent outweighs it. With Sam you can get a player of roughly equal talent at that point in the 7th. I wouldn't take the risk on the player who might hurt the team when I can get an equal player who won't.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

  8. #158
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You don't need to be a "homophobe" to not want to shower with them.
    It does if you think that's a valid reason for Sam to not be able to pursue his dream. Pardon me while i don't pity a bunch of millionaires.

    Can't the NFL afford shower curtains FFS? This is the most pitiful excuse ever. There are gay players on probably every team, just not openly. This 'ordeal' is dealt with maturely in gyms, sports, dorms, the military across the country. Do you next propose that gays should be excluded from every facet of life, or the NFL justified in not being able to cope despite all those other people can?

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    It does if you think that's a valid reason for Sam to not be able to pursue his dream. Pardon me while i don't pity a bunch of millionaires.

    Can't the NFL afford shower curtains FFS? This is the most pitiful excuse ever. There are gay players on probably every team, just not openly. This 'ordeal' is dealt with maturely in gyms, sports, dorms, the military across the country. Do you next propose that gays should be excluded from every facet of life, or the NFL justified in not being able to cope despite all those other people can?
    I don't think its pity anyone is looking for.

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Anagram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    6,198

    Re: Do you agree or disagree with Tony Dungys's comments about gay player Michael Sam

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Using the "distraction" excuse is cowardly and not at all believable. NFL needs to man up about this. You know what else is distraction? Having a dog killer on your team, rapists, Ray Lewis, bigots like Dungee. It's obvious that teams avoided drafting Sam out of prejudice. They might want to keep in mind that in many of these cities, such discrimination is illegal. That it's a 'draft' makes no difference. It's still employment.
    If Sam were a rapist or a dog killer he wouldn't have been drafted. If Lewid or Vick were gay they still would've been highly sought after. Nobody wants a media circus around a seventh round pick. Having one around a star is easily tolerable.
    There should be Instant Runoff Voting

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •