View Poll Results: Should We Abolish The IRS?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    24 47.06%
  • No

    20 39.22%
  • Maybe/Undecided

    4 7.84%
  • Other (Please Explain)

    3 5.88%
  • Move to Somolia, Telekat!

    0 0%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Just so you know there are less rich conservatives than there are rich liberals or rich libertarians.

    Actually extremely not true.



    This misconception exists because if you have a room full of 500 mega rich and out of the 500, 5 of the top richest 200 are very loud, vocal Democrats, then naturally those five democrats are going to appear very obvious and influential because they are 5 loud liberals out of a room of 495 mega rich conservatives who are all probably giving attention to those 5 liberals.

    Anyone who thinks there are loads of mega rich Liberals clearly has never lived around such people. They are not liberal. Then again it's another world that's very separated from most of us so this error is understandable.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Blaylock View Post
    To those on the wrong, “rich” refers to those who make their living by honest work or otherwise by contributing more to the economy than they take therefrom; as opposed to those who contribute nothing, and only live on that which is taken on their behalf from the “rich”.
    Well according to the numbers there are more poor and lower middle class Americans that are conservative than there are poor and lower class Americans that are liberal. The fact is liberals are better represented in the upper classes while conservatives are better represented on the lower classes. A question to ask yourself is why are liberals constantly bashing rich people when they have the highest chance behind only libertarians to be rich? It's weird, right? See, I don't think liberals are actually out to punish the rich, but are instead out to punish the poor.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-17-14 at 03:40 PM.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Actually extremely not true.



    This misconception exists because if you have a room full of 500 mega rich and out of the 500, 5 of the top richest 200 are very loud, vocal Democrats, then naturally those five democrats are going to appear very obvious and influential because they are 5 loud liberals out of a room of 495 mega rich conservatives who are all probably giving attention to those 5 liberals.

    Anyone who thinks there are loads of mega rich Liberals clearly has never lived around such people. They are not liberal. Then again it's another world that's very separated from most of us so this error is understandable.
    I will get you some numbers if I have the time later today, but needless to say you're wrong. In total conservatives make up the smallest group of people that are rich.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I will get you some numbers if I have the time later today, but needless to say you're wrong. In total conservatives make up the smallest group of people that are rich.

    You're not correct.

    You are the typical American in that you believe celebrities, celebrity wealthy (such as the Kennedy's, Sports players, Rappers, Gates) makeup most of the rich of America. They do not.

    Most rich people, as in huge majorities, are conservative CEO's, family business owners who got the job through their family who are staunchly conservative or Trust Funds passed down who's current recipients have never held a job.

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Actually, I was thinking of this. Abolish the IRS, but require states to pay dues. On the other hand, I came to the conclusion that it was an idea that would never work, because there's no real action that could be taken if a state refused to pay.
    It probably would be really difficult to work, but I have to say going with a "dues" type of situation from the states as a means of remaining part of the union, as the means of generating federal revenue, is definitely one of the most unique takes on the issue I've seen in a while and I find extremely interesting to even just kind of think and puzzle over.

  6. #56
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,127

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    It probably would be really difficult to work, but I have to say going with a "dues" type of situation from the states as a means of remaining part of the union, as the means of generating federal revenue, is definitely one of the most unique takes on the issue I've seen in a while and I find extremely interesting to even just kind of think and puzzle over.

    I think what prompted the thought was that there's apparently a proposal to allow states to charge tolls on any interstate highways (many are currently banned from doing so), especially since it's the states that have to do the maintenance.

    It just made me think about why we have the Federal government collecting revenue at all, have it all collected by the states, but require the states to remit a certain amount to fund the Federal government - however they chose to collect that revenue. It could be tolls, sales taxes, income taxes - whatever as long as they come up with the money.

    The reason I think it wouldn't work is that there's no good remedy if a state couldn't come up with it. You could, conceivably, kick them out of the Union, but that could just be used as a means of secession. It was a fun thought to toy with for a short time though. Of course, it would still require some sort of Federal collection to get the money from the states also.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  7. #57
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Do you agree with Gary Johnson? Should we abolish the IRS?

    Gary Johnson: Abolish The IRS | The Daily Caller
    Under any tax system an enforcement and oversight agency would be needed, however this IRS needs to go. Total abolition of the IRS is a good thing and replace it with a small agency with little power.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  8. #58
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    I am for abolishing the IRS and the Federal Reserve and repealing the 16th.

    It is my belief that the very way we have enabled the Federal government to grow way beyond its enumerated powers is because we allowed it to tax as needed to fund its expansion. I say we let states tax as was the original intent and shrink the Federal government back to its enumerated powers only. I know it will never happen but I can dream, right?

  9. #59
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Do you agree with Gary Johnson? Should we abolish the IRS?

    Gary Johnson: Abolish The IRS | The Daily Caller
    I don't think we really can, but it does need to be controlled more carefully and completely owned by Congress.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #60
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Do You Agree With Gary Johnson?

    [QUOTEyou'rean5;37775]It must be great to be a conservative. I truly wish I had the millions to be one. Regretfully, none of my credit cards are black.


    What a truly great ideology though. You don't even have to think about anything in life save for which black credit card you want and in what style. Then just vote Republican. Heh. What a wonderful life.[/QUOTE]

    So if you're a conservative you're a millionaire?? Wait what? How come no one told me this!!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •