View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #461
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Why do you think I care if it is "abnormal"? I already explained to you that I never argued that it was normal. You silly goose.

    You claimed you trumped me on an argument I never offered in the first place. Both my and your quote confirm that exclusive homosexual behavior & pairings do exist in the animal kingdom outside of humans. Which for me and taylor proves that it does happen, contrary to her claim that it does not.

    You came in like a bat out of hell arguing a position I do not hold. But hey if makes you feel better. Then yes you are right it is abnormal.
    So You're dropping my ACCURATE "Overwhelmingly".
    And aren't going to try and 'strawman' me with [Duh] "all"/"absolutely" any more.

    Dropping that You sought to DISHONESTLY mischaracterize the Wiki entry which I Correctly characterized.
    You put up a laundry list of so-called animal 'homosexual' behavior to show it was common/normal and Just Now ALSO Dropped the world 'relationships' from the behavior, after I elaborated it was Overwhelmingly just pat of the animal's repertoire, NOT a long-lasting preference as in Humans.

    Your are impossible to debate because your posts are ALL Dishonest Deflections.
    You get Nailed on every Contention and then its Drop what I said. At least now I've forced you to quote my whole posts even if you still can't address them, nor own up what yo said in your own last posts.

    ALL your posts re deflections, short-quotes, and the last few.. back-tracking.


    EDIT:
    Below is just More Lies.
    This poster Dishonestly Short-quoted Wiki to make animal 'homosexuality' look common/normal (and ergo human too)
    Then, even worse, Dishonestly Short-quoted My excerpt of the Same Wiki L!nk explaining why His 'homosexual animal' list was "irrelevant" and NOT analogous.

    Last-word away. It was over more than a page ago. (top of last page) Bye
    Last edited by mbig; 07-16-14 at 08:59 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #462
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    So You're dropping my ACCURATE "Overwhelmingly".
    And aren't going to try and 'strawman' man me with [Duh] "all"/"absolutely" any more.

    Dropping that You sought to DISHONESTLY mischaracterize the Wiki entry which I Correctly characterized.
    You put up a laundry list of so-called animal 'homosexual' behavior to show it was common/normal and Just Now ALSO Dropped the world 'relationships' from the behavior, after I elaborate it was Overwhelmingly just pat of the animal's repertoire, NOT a ling-lasting preference as in Humans.

    Your are impossible to debate because your post are ALL Dishonest Deflections.
    You get Nailed on every Contention and then its Drop what I said. At least now I've forced you to quote m whole posts even if yur can't address them.

    ALL your posts re deflections, short-quotes, and the last few.. back-tracking.
    I didn't mischaracterize, lie, distort, or backtrack anything. lmao.

    Taylor claimed that the extent of homosexuality among animals is sex. I provided relevant examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom that went beyond sex. That was all that I needed to make my point. Everything you are arguing is built off of your misunderstanding of my position. I wasn't trying to prove the normality of homosexual behavior among animals. I was proving that it existed. Period.

    And yes absolutely and overwhelmingly mean two separate things. Glad we could settle that.

    Below is just More Lies.
    Lol, um no. It's not a lie.
    mbig mischaracterized my argument, actually. I simply was responding to the user Taylor who made the claim that homosexuality among animals exists only in the form of intercourse, as in they don't do anything other than that to characterize them as homosexual. In response I provided documented examples of Elephants, Penguins, Vultures, and monkeys that not only have sex with each other but also form "relationships" or pairings. Some staying together for Years on after. In which two males/females will stay paired and even raise an offspring together.

    For those actually interested in the actual context of my post and not Mbigs hyperbolic melt downs - you can look here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Yes actually some of them do.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 07-16-14 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,959

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Don't know where you got the idea that I've claimed that same sex relationships are something new.
    You are claiming that identifying as a homosexual is something new... it isn't. The very term Lesbian comes from the Greeks. Lesbians are female homosexuals. Females that identify as homosexuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #464
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Why do you think I care if it is "abnormal"? I already explained to you that I never argued that it was normal. You silly goose.

    You claimed you trumped me on an argument I never offered in the first place. Both my and your quote confirm that exclusive homosexual behavior & pairings do exist in the animal kingdom outside of humans. Which for me and taylor proves that it does happen, contrary to her claim that it does not.

    You came in like a bat out of hell arguing a position I do Not hold. But hey if makes you feel better.
    Then yes you are right it is abnormal.
    For the record:

    Perhaps you don't realize your votes in the poll are Visible. (like the rest of the Wiki link)
    You voted Both "normal" and "natural".

    Ooops
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #465
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    For the record:

    Perhaps you don't realize your votes in the poll are Visible. (like the rest of the Wiki link)
    You voted Both "normal" and "natural".

    Ooops
    And what's your point? I never argued in this thread that homosexuality is prevalent enough in nature to be considered normal. which is exactly what you kept insisting that I did do.

    I voted it is normal because I am homosexual and it is normal for me and the community I live in.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 07-16-14 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #466
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Just like any birth defect... it's technically natural and technically normal.
    like Hypospaidias

    but I don't think if you make a clone of a homosexual... the clone will also be homosexual. Most research points to it being a sort of development issue in the womb which chances can be increased by genes and the womb environment.

  7. #467
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I hear yah and I have no idea what the disconnect is in accepting this... *shrugs*
    "family values" / religious right is my guess

    but at least they can accept homosexuality is no choice, if a "defect" still...progress!

  8. #468
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    but I don't think if you make a clone of a homosexual... the clone will also be homosexual. Most research points to it being a sort of development issue in the womb which chances can be increased by genes and the womb environment.
    I think twin studies can help explain this. Sharing genes makes it more likely is all. Likewise, i'd think a clone of a hetero could turn out homo, if the womb environment triggered that.

  9. #469
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    That's correct.
    I said "overwhelmingly" instead of "absolutely" so some High School Strawman debater couldN'T use the old "all" on me.
    I Never claimed "all", of course/Duh.
    I mean really.

    So I could make a 99%+ TRUE generalization without Being refuted with rare EXCEPTION/S.
    PREcisely why I used that language.
    That WAS Wiki's actual take.
    So you try the strawman anyway!
    YOUR Wiki Excerpt DISHONESTLY made 'Overwhelmingly Rare' look common/normal.

    That's Right, YOU LOSE, because I didn't use "all" or "100%".
    Because "Overwhelmingly" is plenty good enough to show something Isn't "normal", and was what Wiki Actually said about animal 'homosexuality'.
    But what's your point even? It's not that common in humans either. The reason it's pointed out it exists in nature is to explain why it's *natural*. I don't even know the point in this arguing over "evolutionary purpose," except to claim gay as inferior or wrong or something.

    The % of animals that stick with homosexual behavior only doesn't really matter, since many gay humans don't either (and vice versa). Why might it be lower % tho? I'm guessing it's just that, unlike animals for the most part, we have means to communicate sexuality and seek companions. I would think a gay animal would fear making a move and getting a beatdown for it and just resort to hetero sex at times for lack of other options (like reverse of prison).

  10. #470
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    latest USA poll shows only 2.3% of the pop. is gay.

    I think that makes it by DEFINITION, Abnormal(def.deviating from what is normal or usual)

    That's science talk folks, and none of you ever question the mighty SCIENCE!!!!
    LOL you think an anonymous poll is scientific? Both the definition and criteria for determining that the results fit that definition have to fit a scientific standard. Anyway like i said, obviously less than half the population is gay. Same with blue eyes, left handed, male, blind, allegies, so on. Someone should make a thread referencing a poll that "proves" most people are not born blind and you can post what a huge deal that is and how abnormal the blind are. Oh, but that would be exceedingly cruel in your view i bet.

Page 47 of 58 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •