View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #431
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The "state of being" regarding homosexuality has been around for thousands of years...
    Where's your evidence for this?

  2. #432
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Some people think that "normal" means "good". It just means consistent with average behavior, which might be good or bad. In this regard homosexuality isn't normal.

    Nothing human is alien to nature.
    That's right. In some times of humanity it was normal to persecute or denigrate the Jews. Didn't make it a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Where's your evidence for this?
    Let's make sure we are on the same page first. Are you claiming that "homosexuals" engaging in "homosexual relationships" is a relatively new thing in Western culture or are you saying something else and I mis-read you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #434
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    definitely natural.

    I said no to normal as I guess to me normal is defined as typical.

  5. #435
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Where's your evidence for this?
    Wow this is an absurd argument you are trying to create. So your position is that up until recently homosexuality was nothing but a bunch of people randomly having sex with their own gender, no attraction - no affection - no desire for relationships, and that it was only recently that they began to experience constant attraction to their own gender?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Let's make sure we are on the same page first. Are you claiming that "homosexuals" engaging in "homosexual relationships" is a relatively new thing in Western culture or are you saying something else and I mis-read you?
    Not talking about relationships or sex, just the tendency for a person to think of themselves as "a homosexual"

  7. #437
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Wow this is an absurd argument you are trying to create. So your position is that up until recently homosexuality was nothing but a bunch of people randomly having sex with their own gender, no attraction - no affection - no desire for relationships, and that it was only recently that they began to experience constant attraction to their own gender?
    No, I'm saying that up until recently they didn't consider such attractions to constitute a major part of their identity as an individual.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    definitely natural.

    I said no to normal as I guess to me normal is defined as typical.
    Which would, of course, make left-handed people abnormal. Most people don't think of abnormality as simply falling out of the statistical average, but as something that is actually wrong with the individual. You could also use it, under the same terms, to refer to black people as abnormal. That's why I'd hesitate to use the term "normal" to refer to something that is perfectly fine, even if it only applies to a minority.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #439
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:12 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,809

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Not talking about relationships or sex, just the tendency for a person to think of themselves as "a homosexual"
    I would imagine that there is but I would seriously doubt that there is any evidence of this because, as it was seriously looked down upon by society and the church that no records would have been kept. I bet my life that there were homosexuals having secret relationships though and that, if they knew what the concept was, would have identified themselves as Homosexuals. You can't prove you are right and nobody can prove you wrong but that doesn't make your argument valid in the slightest either. As there are homosexuals now that claim that this was a natural thing for them and that they lived with women thinking it was right until they accepted their true self, always knew they were homosexual, etc. I would go with that as the default for human history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #440
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,169

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Which would, of course, make left-handed people abnormal. Most people don't think of abnormality as simply falling out of the statistical average, but as something that is actually wrong with the individual.
    ...which is why you wouldn't call left-handed people "abnormal" but uncommon, atypical, or unrepresentative of the population.

    "Abnormal" is not the opposite of "normal" because as you say, it connotes something undesirable.

Page 44 of 58 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •