View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #371
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It doesn't feel good for them? Why doesn't it feel good for them? I'm quite sure that it physically still feels good. It's still sex with a penis and a hole or holes, to put it bluntly.
    Google the male G spot. You'll find your answer.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #372
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    OK then why does scratching a itch feel so good when doing so in many circumstances will actually make a problem such as poison ivy or chicken pox worse?
    Because those conditions are the result of hostile organisms which have explicitly adapted to work against your body's natural instincts for their own ends.

    Frankly, even then, it's not like the scratching does nothing. It releases hormones which can serve as a pain killing element.

    That's why we have an instinctual need to touch "wounded" areas of our bodies in the first place.

    What's the reason for skydiving making all those people who do it for fun feel good? Leave paratroopers out of that one. That's their job, and they don't necessarily feel good when they do it.
    The release of hormones triggered by fear, which can have an intoxicating effect that some people become addicted to.

    It's screwy to be sure, but not uncommon. Wires get "crossed" in that way fairly commonly with regard to behavior.

    Our consciousness simply makes us more apt to seek it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    So then why do homosexual individuals engage in heterosexual activities when they want kids. In order to have kids! Not for pleasure.
    Okay, but so what? How does that refute anything we've said?

    A person can will themselves to do a lot of things, even if the flesh isn't necessarily willing.

    Replacement rates? What we have population quotas now?
    Nature certainly does. It is the only reason we have survived.

    Lineages which weren't able to reproduce themselves often enough to stay competitive eventually died off, and left only the more productive lineages behind.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 07-16-14 at 12:11 AM.

  3. #373
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    No, homosexuality is not normal. A very small portion of the populace currently practices it.

    It is probably natural - human sexuality can be bent in lots of different directions, and it certainly doesn't seem to require artificial imposition.

  4. #374
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Yes. In order to understand my point you have to remove the element of intent; so no intelligence designing things for a particular outcome.
    You're not getting it. On no level whatsoever does what you're suggesting work if the reproductive element is removed.

    People didn't start rubbing up against one another for no reason just because it felt good, and then magically discover that babies came afterwards.

    What almost certainly happened was that some species way back when was pleasurelessly having sex, and some members of the species simply happened to adapt in such a way that it felt "good" as well. Those individuals were more likely to pass on their genes than the ones who reproduced without pleasure, and so their lineage survived where the others did not.

    This is basic cause and effect here. You've simply got the order backwards.

  5. #375
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Google the male G spot. You'll find your answer.
    Yeah, so? That doesn't mean that don't like other stimulation as well. They probably still like blow jobs. Some women enjoy anal sex too. Some people like all kinds of sex.

  6. #376
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Google the male G spot. You'll find your answer.
    You do realize that is most likely not intended, right? Considering that most men don't much care for what is necessary to stimulate that, well yeah, your argument is stupid.

  7. #377
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Yeah, so? That doesn't mean that don't like other stimulation as well. They probably still like blow jobs. Some women enjoy anal sex too. Some people like all kinds of sex.
    Sorry Chris. I misunderstood what you were saying. I should have read further back. I thought you were asking about how homosexual men could enjoy "that kind" of sex. My bad
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  8. #378
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You do realize that is most likely not intended, right? Considering that most men don't much care for what is necessary to stimulate that, well yeah, your argument is stupid.
    I do believe that is not what is "intended" because none of it is "intended". And why don't most men care for it? Isn't that just social pressure.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I do believe that is not what is "intended" because none of it is "intended". And why don't most men care for it? Isn't that just social pressure.
    Because having things forcibly inserted into a tight and naturally unlubricated muscular sphincter which is pretty specifically meant to keep what's inside the body in, and what's outside the body out, tends to be painful, and sometimes even dangerous, perhaps?

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I do believe that is not what is "intended" because none of it is "intended". And why don't most men care for it? Isn't that just social pressure.
    Social pressure breaks down a bit when those that expect a certain behavior are not around. It's why girly boys can be all feminine around one crowd and act completely differently around another.

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •