View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    What do you mean... feels good for dogs and they aren't that intelligent. Intelligence has nothing to do with it feeling good. An intelligent person would think that a woman laying an egg and me squirting fertilizer on it would be far easier. Neither would have to be impregnated or die of child birth complications (the #1 leading cause of death for women until the 1940's, I believe).
    I mean we are too intelligent to have sex if it didn't feel good. Why would we want to do it otherwise? To have children?

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am like this now. I have an ex-wife. With one like mine you would never want to worry about sex or relationships again, because if you made a mistake and got another like her you would blow your brains out.
    That's basically the way I am now as well, though I plan on making a go at it once I get a bit better situated.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Wow that is the most ill thought out response that I've seen in a long time. As humans we do hundreds of things that have no reasons other then they feel good! Why would sex be any different?
    If something "feels good" there is generally a reason for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Hasn't been suggested that homosexuality is nature's counter to overpopulation?
    And the claim was refuted, as I recall. Homosexuals simply aren't nearly numerous enough to have any impact on population whatsoever.

    For that matter, homosexual behavior tends to be rather risky anyway from a health and wellness perspective.

    Complete asexuality would ultimately be preferable to homosexuality as a means of combating population growth.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Well, to be honest, I actually really enjoy sex.
    You're supposed to. Don't worry, however, we can fix that.




  3. #363
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Wow that is the most ill thought out response that I've seen in a long time. As humans we do hundreds of things that have no reasons other then they feel good! Why would sex be any different?
    What Henrin says:

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He didn't speak towards peoples motivations. Pleasure exists to make people want to engage in sex and in case you didn't know unplanned pregnancies are necessary to meet replacement rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #364
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,917

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    That's basically the way I am now as well, though I plan on making a go at it once I get a bit better situated.
    I might, but then again, a relationship will take time away from golfing, surfing, soccer, sleeping, reading and basically being happy and content. I just thought about it and I haven't had sex in over five years. Crazy. Never would have thought I would have been in this situation when I was younger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I don't believe that there is an instinct to procreate. Rather it feels good and we are inclined to pursue things that bring us pleasure so we do it. Pregnancy is one of many potential outcomes.
    Do you really imagine that we evolved to develop special (in some cases, quite vulnerable) organs, and devote probably a quarter or more of our waking lives to either thinking about or chasing down members of the opposite sex, simply so we could get 5-20 seconds worth of endorphins after expending God only knows how many precious calories awkwardly slamming against one another?

    I'm sorry, but within any kind of biological or evolutionary context, it simply doesn't add up. It's too significant of an expenditure to be purely set towards something so pointless.

  6. #366
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    If something "feels good" there is generally a reason for it.
    OK then why does scratching a itch feel so good when doing so in many circumstances will actually make a problem such as poison ivy or chicken pox worse? What's the reason for skydiving making all those people who do it for fun feel good? Leave paratroopers out of that one. That's their job, and they don't necessarily feel good when they do it.

    Complete asexuality would ultimately be preferable to homosexuality as a means of combating population growth.
    We have those types of people too.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  7. #367
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,998

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He didn't speak towards peoples motivations. Pleasure exists to make people want to engage in sex and in case you didn't know unplanned pregnancies are necessary to meet replacement rates.
    So then why do homosexual individuals engage in heterosexual activities when they want kids. In order to have kids! Not for pleasure.

    Replacement rates? What we have population quotas now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I mean we are too intelligent to have sex if it didn't feel good. Why would we want to do it otherwise? To have children?
    Again, if that was the case then why do some homosexuals engage in heterosexual sex. It doesn't feel good to them and yet they are intelligent enough to engage in to the activity to get what they want.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  8. #368
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Do you really imagine that we evolved to develop special (in some cases, quite vulnerable) organs, and devote probably a quarter or more of our waking lives to either thinking about or chasing down members of the opposite sex, simply so we could get 5-20 seconds worth of endorphins after expending God only knows how many precious calories awkwardly slamming against one another?

    I'm sorry, but within any kind of biological or evolutionary context, it simply doesn't add up. It's too significant of an expenditure to be purely set towards something so pointless.
    Yes. In order to understand my point you have to remove the element of intent; so no intelligence designing things for a particular outcome.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    So then why do homosexual individuals engage in heterosexual activities when they want kids. In order to have kids! Not for pleasure.

    Replacement rates? What we have population quotas now?



    Again, if that was the case then why do some homosexuals engage in heterosexual sex. It doesn't feel good to them and yet they are intelligent enough to engage in to the activity to get what they want.
    It doesn't feel good for them? Why doesn't it feel good for them? I'm quite sure that it physically still feels good. It's still sex with a penis and a hole or holes, to put it bluntly.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    So then why do homosexual individuals engage in heterosexual activities when they want kids. In order to have kids! Not for pleasure.
    Your point? Did I say anywhere that people will never want to have kids?

    Replacement rates? What we have population quotas now?
    Do you really think the human race was supposed to continually fail at replacing their population? Does that make sense to you? If so, how?

    Again, if that was the case then why do some homosexuals engage in heterosexual sex. It doesn't feel good to them and yet they are intelligent enough to engage in to the activity to get what they want.
    Where do you get the idea it doesn't feel good? You are aware pleasure still happens even if you don't want sex or you're not attracted to the other person, right? I mean it's pretty common knowledge that rape victims feel pleasure from the experience.

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •