View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #351
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Exactly. Do you have any idea how liberating it would be to not have to worry about sex or relationships at all?

    Hell! If everyone's really so worried about "overpopulation" as they claim, the most logical solution might be to genetically engineer the human sex drive out of our species entirely, and simply grow new people out of tubes instead.

    Of course, the social Left won't support doing anything of the kind, because what they're really worried about is simply being able to get their rocks off without having to deal with any kind of guilt or responsibility.
    Well, to be honest, I actually really enjoy sex.

  2. #352
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    And this is why I am not debating you. I agree with pretty much all of your posts on this subject. Chris decided to argue that we "wanted" sex because it lead to procreation. She is wrong. We "want" sex because it feels good.
    Okay. I can see where you're coming from with that.

    We want sex, because our bodies want sex. Our bodies want sex because it feels good.

    The only caveat I'd add there is that the primary reason why it feels good in the first place is because it is a way of ensuring that reproduction takes place.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Fish don't have sex organs... they drop eggs and the other fertilizes them. Pleasure is obviously not a mandatory requirement to procreate.
    It is for PEOPLE though, because of the fact that we can think and are more intelligent. It HAS to feel good or we would not want to do it, and then we would not reproduce. This is really easy stuff.

  4. #354
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,010

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Hell! If everyone's really so worried about "overpopulation" as they claim, the most logical solution might be to genetically engineer the human sex drive out of our species entirely, and simply grow new people out of tubes instead.
    Hasn't been suggested that homosexuality is nature's counter to overpopulation?
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  5. #355
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    Okay. I can see where you're coming from with that.

    We want sex, because our bodies want sex. Our bodies want sex because it feels good.

    The only caveat I'd add there is that the primary reason why it feels good in the first place is because it is a way of ensuring that reproduction takes place.
    This is exactly what I have been trying to say for pages and pages now!

  6. #356
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    I don't believe that there is an instinct to procreate. Rather, it feels good and we are inclined to pursue things that bring us pleasure so we do it. Pregnancy is one of many potential outcomes.
    Last edited by opendebate; 07-15-14 at 11:55 PM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Wow that is the most ill thought out response that I've seen in a long time. As humans we do hundreds of things that have no reasons other then they feel good! Why would sex be any different?
    He didn't speak towards peoples motivations. Pleasure exists to make people want to engage in sex and in case you didn't know unplanned pregnancies are necessary to meet replacement rates.

  8. #358
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    It is for PEOPLE though, because of the fact that we can think and are more intelligent. It HAS to feel good or we would not want to do it, and then we would not reproduce. This is really easy stuff.
    What do you mean... feels good for dogs and they aren't that intelligent. Intelligence has nothing to do with it feeling good. An intelligent person would think that a woman laying an egg and me squirting fertilizer on it would be far easier. Neither would have to be impregnated or die of child birth complications (the #1 leading cause of death for women until the 1940's, I believe).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #359
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Fish don't have sex organs... they drop eggs and the other fertilizes them. Pleasure is obviously not a mandatory requirement to procreate.
    Too much suckage! I get your point though.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    This is exactly what I have been trying to say for pages and pages now!
    Nope. You have been saying that people sex feels good so that people want to have sex in order to procreate. Go back and read a few pages ago or more... you and he are clearly NOT saying the same exact thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •