View Poll Results: Is homosexuality "normak" and "natural"?

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Homosexuality is normal

    68 47.22%
  • Homosexuality is not normal

    46 31.94%
  • Homosexuality is natural

    92 63.89%
  • Homosexuality is not natural

    19 13.19%
  • Other/unsure

    12 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 574

Thread: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

  1. #151
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Give some examples of where, in ANY species, NOT reproducing has been a biological imperative. THAT is bunk.
    Humans, currently. There are tonnes of contraceptives and of course many many abortions.

    Seems reproduction is an inconvenient side effect of boogying down.
    It's okay to be white

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    Humans, currently. There are tonnes of contraceptives and of course many many abortions.

    Seems reproduction is an inconvenient side effect of boogying down.
    Funny, but I'm telling you that the reason we like sex so much is so that we will reproduce. No one can actually believe that we weren't meant to reproduce can they?

  3. #153
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,933

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    passing genes to the next generation insures the survival of the species. Not the survival of the individual.

    And should it be a biological imperative to procreate, I sure homosexuals would.
    That said... I care that my children survive. If I had no children and the entire human race was about the perish, along with me, I would not rush out and impregnate a bunch of women so that the human race could survive. I wouldn't care. I doubt anybody in that situation would. The idea that we care about "humanity" surviving is stupid. We care about our families and friends... if they all die then that is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #154
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Give some examples of where, in ANY species, NOT reproducing has been a biological imperative. THAT is bunk.
    Any example of overpopulation / resources that cannot meet an increase in the population and sustain it. Are you really unfamiliar with the concept of overpopulation?

    Here is a basic wiki guide to it:
    Overpopulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Here is an example. There is a group of deer that drink from a small pond. The pond rarely is replenished with water, but the number of deer is small enough that there is no issue. There is a population boom of deer, but this results in the pond drying up. As a result, the deer are without water. They die before the water is replenished. Had the population not grown as fast, there would have been no problem.

    I don't see what is so hard to understand here.
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
    "When we live authentically we create an opportunity for others to walk out of their dark prisons of pretend into freedom."

  5. #155
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Funny, but I'm telling you that the reason we like sex so much is so that we will reproduce. No one can actually believe that we weren't meant to reproduce can they?
    I don't think that we are meant.

    All meanings seem to stem from an existential point of view.
    It's okay to be white

  6. #156
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,933

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    He made a claim that is not true. Population control in CHINA?!! You must be joking. The population in China was screwed up BY the government trying to control the population to begin with! Man oh man! ALL species have a biological imperative to reproduce. The problem is that there have been incredible medical advances that allow us to live longer and fight off diseases and complications that killed our young, therefore we have a very robust population. It is still a biological imperative in almost all animals to reproduce. THAT is the reason why you want to have sex and why sex feels good, so that you will WANT to do it to reproduce and create more of us. Just because you aren't AWARE that is biological imperative does not negate that fact. Goodness, I think this is just common sense stuff.
    The reason that it feels good is to ensure having sex.

    Abortions have been around forever.
    Killing unwanted children has been around forever.
    Killing the child and mother of an adulterer has been around forever.
    Contraception, or attempting to ward off pregnancy, has been around forever.

    There is nothing about sex, in the civilized modern world, that indicates that sex is about reproduction because OTHERWISE none of the above would be happening.

    Good Lord, take some biology classes and human behavior classes and learn something.
    Both my point are correct.

    1. You make a lot of straw man arguments.
    2. The goal of humans is to survive. Kids are a by-product.

    I never got anything less than a B+ in a biology class and never once did any teacher or professor utter ANYTHING about sex being solely for reproductive purposes.

    That said... I care that my children survive. If I had no children and the entire human race was about the perish, along with me, I would not rush out and impregnate a bunch of women so that the human race could survive. I wouldn't care. I doubt anybody in that situation would. The idea that we care about "humanity" surviving is stupid. We care about our families and friends... if they all die then that is that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #157
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,206

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That said... I care that my children survive. If I had no children and the entire human race was about the perish, along with me, I would not rush out and impregnate a bunch of women so that the human race could survive. I wouldn't care. I doubt anybody in that situation would. The idea that we care about "humanity" surviving is stupid. We care about our families and friends... if they all die then that is that.
    The idea that we are driven to mate is not that we consciously care about the human race, but it is a biological mechanism for which our species has propagated and diversified.

    Basically put it's an instinct.
    It's okay to be white

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    The reason that it feels good is to ensure having sex.

    Abortions have been around forever.
    Killing unwanted children has been around forever.
    Killing the child and mother of an adulterer has been around forever.
    Contraception, or attempting to ward off pregnancy, has been around forever.

    There is nothing about sex, in the civilized modern world, that indicates that sex is about reproduction because OTHERWISE none of the above would be happening.



    Both my point are correct.

    1. You make a lot of straw man arguments.
    2. The goal of humans is to survive. Kids are a by-product.

    I never got anything less than a B+ in a biology class and never once did any teacher or professor utter ANYTHING about sex being solely for reproductive purposes.

    That said... I care that my children survive. If I had no children and the entire human race was about the perish, along with me, I would not rush out and impregnate a bunch of women so that the human race could survive. I wouldn't care. I doubt anybody in that situation would. The idea that we care about "humanity" surviving is stupid. We care about our families and friends... if they all die then that is that.
    Everything we do, we do for a reason. We don't have sex just because. We have sex for a reason, and that reason is to reproduce, just like with all other animals.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Any example of overpopulation / resources that cannot meet an increase in the population and sustain it. Are you really unfamiliar with the concept of overpopulation?

    Here is a basic wiki guide to it:
    Overpopulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Here is an example. There is a group of deer that drink from a small pond. The pond rarely is replenished with water, but the number of deer is small enough that there is no issue. There is a population boom of deer, but this results in the pond drying up. As a result, the deer are without water. They die before the water is replenished. Had the population not grown as fast, there would have been no problem.

    I don't see what is so hard to understand here.
    Like I said, overpopulation is due to advances in medical science that allow us to have much longer life spans and have less maternal/fetal natural deaths. This does not negate the fact that we have sex to reproduce. We don't REALIZE this, but that is why we have sex.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Is Homosexuality "Normal" and "Natural"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    The idea that we are driven to mate is not that we consciously care about the human race, but it is a biological mechanism for which our species has propagated and diversified.

    Basically put it's an instinct.
    Why do you think most men want to sleep with a LOT of women? It is so that they can be guaranteed to spread their seed. It is all instinctual.

    Also, men are sexually attracted to good-looking women. Why? Because good looks are an outside measure of healthiness. Again, these are instinctual behaviors.

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •