View Poll Results: Is Rick Perry serious choice and would you vote for him

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes he is and yes I would

    11 16.18%
  • Yes he is but no I wouldn't

    6 8.82%
  • No but boy do I wish

    2 2.94%
  • No and Never

    49 72.06%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 134

Thread: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

  1. #101
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    Obama should have been a one termer but that part in bold is important. The GOP probably can't put up a candidate that isn't in right field. If you can't win with a Rhino pretending to be a winger, what chance does a real right winger have? Obama moderates are not going to move that far to the right. Only GOP hope is suppress the vote.

    The GOP needs to run someone like Huntsman. He could stomp Hillary. I say that as a Hillary voter, and I am pretty sure the GOP won't move to the center....
    Huntsman might be dynamite righteous, so says his supporters, but substance is not what wins Presidential elections...

  2. #102
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,938
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I've always been one to follow my gut, it hasn't failed me thus far but this is a very informative post, thanks for sharing.
    you're welcome. I have been called a numbers guy, I guess it is well deserved. I keep up on all of this because predicting elections has been a hobby of mine for 30 years or more. I also publish a monthly blog on DP about the senate races. If you're interested:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/blogs/...number-11.html
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #103
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Dog-catcher?
    Maybe late-night TV, infomercial, pitchman.

    "But wait! There's more! Call within the next 5 minutes and we'll double your order for free. That's two cans of Miracle Hair Grow in a Can for the price of one. You pay only shipping."
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  4. #104
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,139

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    you're welcome. I have been called a numbers guy, I guess it is well deserved. I keep up on all of this because predicting elections has been a hobby of mine for 30 years or more. I also publish a monthly blog on DP about the senate races. If you're interested:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/blogs/...number-11.html
    I am, and I subscribed.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Attachment 67169577

    He can get the independent vote.


    I agree.

    I don't actually like Jeb Bush because of his immigration weakness, that said, he will crush Romnney. Jeb Bush will have the full support of the business community seeing as they're not going to back a twice failed candidate like Romney again. Jeb Bush will also have even better Hispanic support than George Bush had because Jeb Bush will play the "I have mixed race kids" card and Hispanics will eat that up. The "We are white too" Hispanic crowd has been waiting for a Jeb Bush type forever.

  6. #106
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    Obama should have been a one termer but that part in bold is important. The GOP probably can't put up a candidate that isn't in right field. If you can't win with a Rhino pretending to be a winger, what chance does a real right winger have? Obama moderates are not going to move that far to the right. Only GOP hope is suppress the vote.

    The GOP needs to run someone like Huntsman. He could stomp Hillary. I say that as a Hillary voter, and I am pretty sure the GOP won't move to the center....
    The Democrats are definitely not moving to the center with a possible candidate like Hillary Clinton.

    And since you already have decided you are a Hillary voter, and you think the GOP will "suppress the vote", then you are not the GOPs target audience.

  7. #107
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    The Democrats are definitely not moving to the center with a possible candidate like Hillary Clinton.

    And since you already have decided you are a Hillary voter, and you think the GOP will "suppress the vote", then you are not the GOPs target audience.
    I am a Hillary voter because I voted for her in the 08 Primary over Obama

    And you are right it would take a moderate GOP candidate for me to consider voting for them for POTUS. I just don't see that kind of move by the GOP party...

  8. #108
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    All jokes aside, the GOP's chances are looking straight up weak for the next election.
    When did they ever look good?


  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,909

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I agree.

    I don't actually like Jeb Bush because of his immigration weakness, that said, he will crush Romnney. Jeb Bush will have the full support of the business community seeing as they're not going to back a twice failed candidate like Romney again. Jeb Bush will also have even better Hispanic support than George Bush had because Jeb Bush will play the "I have mixed race kids" card and Hispanics will eat that up. The "We are white too" Hispanic crowd has been waiting for a Jeb Bush type forever.
    That's just so ugly and cynical. He doesn't have to play the mixed-race kids card; he can simply let photographs such as yours speak for who he is.

  10. #110
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Is Rick Perry a Legitimate Contender For 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    Umm, no, he definitely does not have a (R) next to his name.
    No, but the attitude of "I'll vote for anybody from this party" is pretty much what got Obama elected in the first place. After 8 years of Bush, a lot of people were ready to vote for anyone with a D.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •