View Poll Results: Does it make sense for Romney t run again?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absoutely. He's by far the best shot the RNC has.

    23 18.40%
  • He might be good if he can shake the 47% remark he made.

    2 1.60%
  • I really don't care who the RNC puts up at this point

    10 8.00%
  • The guy is DOA. Find some new blood.

    57 45.60%
  • History suggests that he should not run again.

    33 26.40%
Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 526

Thread: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

  1. #311
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I find it funny that 21 people say "history suggests he dosent". Please tell me the history of people that ran for president more than once. Say like Nixon.
    Because he was an amazingly qualified president?

    Romney winning is a theoretical possibility, in that it doesn't violate any known law of physics. I don't think it's likely, though. He wasn't a very electable person.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #312
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,474

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Nixon ran against Kennedy. Lost, ran again. Won. History, read it.
    The D's should have pitted Gore against Bush for round two instead of that idiot Kerry.

  3. #313
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    That is not what the question said. Hell, Teddy Kennedy ran a million times. He was called the perennial candidate.
    Nixon won, which seemed to be the point you're making when you said something about history and Nixon.

    Unlike Nixon, Ted Kennedy also never won.

    Remember your own post:

    I find it funny that 21 people say "history suggests he dosent". Please tell me the history of people that ran for president more than once. Say like Nixon.


    Nixon isn't comparable to Romney. He ran and lost only once.

    History isn't on Romney's side, which is why those 21 answers are correct.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The D's should have pitted Gore against Bush for round two instead of that idiot Kerry.
    Yea, the inventor of the internet would have made a great president. Pfffffftttttttt, hahahahahhahahaha

  5. #315
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The D's should have pitted Gore against Bush for round two instead of that idiot Kerry.
    Especially considering Gore actually got more votes than Bush did. I don't think Gore was a good candidate, but Kerry was duller than Gore and that's saying something.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nixon won, which seemed to be the point you're making when you said something about history and Nixon.

    Unlike Nixon, Ted Kennedy also never won.

    Remember your own post:

    I find it funny that 21 people say "history suggests he dosent". Please tell me the history of people that ran for president more than once. Say like Nixon.


    Nixon isn't comparable to Romney. He ran and lost only once.

    History isn't on Romney's side, which is why those 21 answers are correct.
    The question dosent make those distinctions. Only that history gives him little chance. You can go all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt and find people that ran multiple times, some lost some won eventually.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Because he was an amazingly qualified president?

    Romney winning is a theoretical possibility, in that it doesn't violate any known law of physics. I don't think it's likely, though. He wasn't a very electable person.
    HE is, his handlers ran a lousy campaign.

  8. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Especially considering Gore actually got more votes than Bush did. I don't think Gore was a good candidate, but Kerry was duller than Gore and that's saying something.
    Thanks to Florida, we saved the country from Mr Green Internet Global Warming Tobacco Farmer from becoming President following being a do nothing Vice President.

  9. #319
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Thanks to Florida, we saved the country from Mr Green Internet Global Warming Tobacco Farmer from becoming President following being a do nothing Vice President.
    You mean 'thanks to the Greens' (especially Dade county), who voted for Nader because Gore was a fake environmentalist. It was time the dems paid for their greenwashing, and they did.

  10. #320
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Mitt Romney in 2016: Yes, or No?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    The question dosent make those distinctions. Only that history gives him little chance. You can go all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt and find people that ran multiple times, some lost some won eventually.
    Teddy Roosevelt didn't run for the Presidency until he was already President.

Page 32 of 53 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •