View Poll Results: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the law should be followed. If mass immigration were legal I'd have no complaint.

    22 37.93%
  • An influx of a foreign culture threatening to marginalize American culture including language.

    19 32.76%
  • An influx of a minority group threatening to make my ethnic group the minority.

    10 17.24%
  • The impact of illegal immigration on the American economy.

    31 53.45%
  • The impact of illegal immigration on the treasury.

    23 39.66%
  • If fear illegal immigrants will exhibit criminal/violent behavior

    18 31.03%
  • Other. Explain

    19 32.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 77

Thread: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

  1. #41
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Though the poll addresses my concerns over the economy, it does not address how livid I am over this administration not preparing for this crisis we now see ourselves dealing with. The Obama administration was forewarned over a year ago by the UN that these people were coming and it did not prepare for it nor did it send a message to the people of South America to discourage it. The crisis on the border is more proof the president isnít enforcing existing immigration law and therefore canít be trusted to enforce any potential overhaul. He refused to send needed resources to our borders to help handle the influx. Border patrol have been turned into babysitters and our borders have now become even more vulnerable than before. Border towns are going broke dealing with this crisis and ranchers and farmers live in fear. Prior to this influx, border patrol only caught about 25% sneaking into this country. Those they did catch were given an immigration hearing date and released. 90% of them do not show up for their immigration hearing. The percentage of youth are just about the same age as those jihad members of ISIS and overwhelmingly males. These kids have been raised in a completely different society from our own often plagued with violence and corruption and that has to play a role in who they are and how they think. This crisis far succeeds illegal immigration, it's now a full fledged National Security crisis.
    Good point. In addition, Hispanics often have physical traits that are similar to Middle Easterners; olive complexion, etc. and ME based terrorist could conceivably slip in with illegal Hispanic immigrants.

    In the administration's defense the requirements for getting a driver's license is essentially identical to getting a US passport recently. Plus as we learned from Snowden, they are trying to keep a good eye on everybody. IMHO not the best approach to it but they do consider national security a serious matter.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #42
    Sage
    Lovebug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,865

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I didn't really have a satisfactory poll option.

    Two things bother me the most. 1) That we allow it openly, regardless our rhetoric. 2) That we keep extending benefit after benefit that even citizens and legal immigrants sometimes have a hard time qualifying for.

    I believe that we should increase legal immigration, and should make the process more simple and streamlined, but at the same time we should strictly enforce the prohibition against illegal immigration.

    If we cannot do that, then at the least we should be conferring no benefits whatsoever. I'm ok with basic emergency medical care (I have no desire to let people die in the streets), and maybe some emergency temporary food aid, but that's it. If you're here illegally, nothing else. No divers licenses, no automatic citizenship if merely born here (Amendment needed and noted), no admission to the bar (California), none of that stuff.
    There you have it, although I would include a guest worker program. Come here, work, pay taxes and return to your home country until your services are needed again.
    Of course I wouldn't have problems issuing a divers license.

  3. #43
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    How do you pay taxes and Obamacare as an illegal? Anonymously?
    All non-citizens...even illegal aliens are required to pay taxes and are given SS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.


  4. #44
    Educator
    mtm1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    05-25-17 @ 04:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,067

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    1.Screwing Americans out of jobs.Contrary to popular belief that illegals only pick fruit they also work in meat packing plants, construction, landscaping, hotel, restaurants, janitorial and many other low to moderately skilled jobs.

    2.Depresses wages of Americans.It doesn't take a math genius to figure out that if there is a huge line of people to do your job then you becomes less valuable and therefore your employer has no incentive to pay you more or give you raises.

    Those two things can be the result of uncontrolled or increased legal immigration too.
    i think james hits the nail on the head with these 2 observations.
    Go Vols

  5. #45
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Though the poll addresses my concerns over the economy, it does not address how livid I am over this administration not preparing for this crisis we now see ourselves dealing with. The Obama administration was forewarned over a year ago by the UN that these people were coming and it did not prepare for it nor did it send a message to the people of South America to discourage it. The crisis on the border is more proof the president isnít enforcing existing immigration law and therefore canít be trusted to enforce any potential overhaul. He refused to send needed resources to our borders to help handle the influx. Border patrol have been turned into babysitters and our borders have now become even more vulnerable than before. Border towns are going broke dealing with this crisis and ranchers and farmers live in fear. Prior to this influx, border patrol only caught about 25% sneaking into this country. Those they did catch were given an immigration hearing date and released. 90% of them do not show up for their immigration hearing. The percentage of youth are just about the same age as those jihad members of ISIS and overwhelmingly males. These kids have been raised in a completely different society from our own often plagued with violence and corruption and that has to play a role in who they are and how they think. This crisis far succeeds illegal immigration, it's now a full fledged National Security crisis.
    You clearly don't understand which branch of government holds the purse-strings. You also are not aware that it has been congress to consitantly refuse to increase funds for the border patrol.

    And everyone seems to forget sequestration was a big hit on funding immigration enforcement.

    Its easy to say "enforce the laws" but that cost money. It takes people to do the enforcing...We can't even deport 45,000 and people want massive deportations...Where do we house them all on the deportation process.

    People are so simplistic in their assessments of things that are logistical nightmares.


  6. #46
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Here is the Cato Institute assessment on sequestration on immigration enforcement and the cuts to the Border Patrol will not have that big of a effect. The Obama admistration was just trying to"scare" you all into oppose cuts...

    http://www.cato.org/multimedia/daily...on-enforcement


    ... "throwing money" at the immigration problem was not needed. 5,000 cuts in Border Patrol agents was needed.

    WASHINGTON, June 25, 2014 -- /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Agents from the Border Patrol and Immigration and Customs Enforcement are doing a commendable job under difficult circumstances to address a record high number of unaccompanied juveniles and immigrants from Central America crossing the U.S.-Mexico border, union leaders from the American Federation of Government Employees testified today.

    Both the Border Patrol and ICE have seen a reduction in staffing due to sequestration and other budget constraints, making it that much harder to cope with the increases, officials from AFGE's National Border Patrol Council and National Immigration and Customs Enforcement Council said in testimony before the House Judiciary Committee.
    Border Patrol, ICE Agents Managing Immigration Spike with Limited Resources, Union Leaders Say - PR Newswire - The Sacramento Bee


  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,265

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    All non-citizens...even illegal aliens are required to pay taxes and are given SS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
    And they aren't rounded up? That makes them legal sort of.

  8. #48
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    All non-citizens...even illegal aliens are required to pay taxes and are given SS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
    Are you aware of how many dependents they claim on their W-4's? Taxes and SS withholding are just considered the cost of doing business and part of the screwing they are giving the US.

  9. #49
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Are you aware of how many dependents they claim on their W-4's? Taxes and SS withholding are just considered the cost of doing business and part of the screwing they are giving the US.
    Social security fraud is not exclusive to any one group...The SSA deals with all sorts of fraud from all sorts of tax payers.


  10. #50
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    And they aren't rounded up? That makes them legal sort of.
    Not "rounding" them up makes them "legal" in no sort of way...


Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •