View Poll Results: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe the law should be followed. If mass immigration were legal I'd have no complaint.

    22 37.93%
  • An influx of a foreign culture threatening to marginalize American culture including language.

    19 32.76%
  • An influx of a minority group threatening to make my ethnic group the minority.

    10 17.24%
  • The impact of illegal immigration on the American economy.

    31 53.45%
  • The impact of illegal immigration on the treasury.

    23 39.66%
  • If fear illegal immigrants will exhibit criminal/violent behavior

    18 31.03%
  • Other. Explain

    19 32.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 77

Thread: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    choice #!, the law should be followed

    I have sympathy for people who come here illegally, but I have at least as much sympathy for the people who want to come here but don't because they can't do it legally. I had to jump through hoops to bring my ex-wife and step daughter to this country and I know someone who needed 15 years to bring his wife and daughter to the US. Amnesty shows a lack of sympathy for many people.
    I had a friend who was a Lt.Cmdr in the Australian Navy who did a two year tour in the USA during the 1980's. He was a RAN F-111 pilot.
    While in America he knocked up his wife and they had a son. The son was listed as a U.S. citizen.

    He liked America and wanted to migrate to America after he left the RAN. He's an engineer and he'had to wait almost 15 years before he got his immigration visa even though his son was an American citizen.

    He played by the rules. He's also an engineer and you can guess today he pays more in taxes than most.

    The biggest lie by the pro amnesty activist is "bring them out of the shadow and they will start paying taxes."

    The first lie is they are already out of the shadows.

    Even if they did start paying taxes, they will use more in services than they pay in taxes.

    And how much taxes will they pay when already 48% of Americans pay no individual income taxes.

    America's immigration policies use to be before 1965 what's best for America not what's best for the immigrant, greedy multinational owned corporations of one particular political party.

    The Marxist always like to mention Nellis Island but never mention the hundreds of thousands who were turned away and put back on the boat and sent back to Europe. If you had a pimple on your face and you were sent packing.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,324

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Diseased, and a huge burden on our local communities and governments and they're loyal to the Country they ran from.

    Selfish, and corrupted in character they have no problem sucking off the social safety nets put in place fpr American citizens.

    Also, uneducated, low IQ's and a general agreement with our current administration that the Country they ran too is no more exceptional than France or the hell hole they just left.

    Also easilly manipulated by low life politicians, they could influence local and larger elections.

    Thats my problem with illegal immigrants.

  3. #33
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    My biggest problem is that it is illegal, and that we refuse to close and protect our border for illegal immigrants. I have no issue at all with legal immigration, but the illegal immigration pretty much screws things up for those who go through the process of coming here legally, and gives the entire concept a bad name.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  4. #34
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,903

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    My biggest issue with illegal mass immigration is that I believe it lowers our society as a whole. Let me explain that before someone jumps on that comment with the race card. Most who immigrate here illegally are poor and are often under educated. In my opinion those are just the type of people that we do not want to be flooding into our country. I often here about how they are only doing jobs that Americans will not do. I think those people are wrong. They are only doing jobs that Americans will not do for such a cheap price. Many industries that were once filled with American workers are now filled with illegal or first generation immigrants. Those jobs did not suddenly become to difficult for Americans but instead compensation for those jobs have remained stagnant. Employers know that an illegal and/or uneducated labor pool are going to take whatever they can get and as a result wages remain flat.

    Also the more you allow in the less likely they are to integrate into the current society. When you are a small minority it is easy to see how learning the language and customs would be beneficial. It helps you connect with society. However when your segment of society has grown enough you no longer need to integrate into the old system so many do not bother. As we have seen some instances of in recent years some expect us to conform to them. I am sorry but this bothers me, they moved into my back yard I did not move into theirs. If anyone should conform it should be them.

    The town I live in, Sedalia Missouri, Tyson Foods built a processing facility some years ago. As a result the local area has seen a huge influx of illegal immigration. I am not implying that Tysons is hiring illegal employees but many of them are the relative of those employed by Tyson Foods. As is common among many immigrant families one will come here and find a job, they will then save up and send money back to their families so that they can afford to send another member (generally illegally) to the US. They repeat this process many times until the entire family now resides here. Our schools and local facilities have been financially pinched with the influx of new children most of which have parents who pay little or no income tax.

    Not only do they keep (along with business exploration) wages in many unskilled industries flat but they place a greater burden on social services that they rest of us pay for. True many government funded programs are barred to illegal immigrates but they are NOT barred from the children of those immigrants who are born here. Many being in low income families do receive government assistance. Now I am not blaming the children here but immigrants know that if they come here and have children that the government will subsidize their families lives and in many cases giving them a life better then what they left.

    So on the end when you have a population that is uneducated, not willing/reluctant to integrate into society, and rely heavily on public services I feel it brings our society down as a whole. I think we find plenty of ways to harm our own society without introducing tens of millions of other people to hasten it along.
    Your concerns are valid ones. I have yet to have someone explain to me how allowing so many already here the right to amnesty when a good number of them are uneducated as good thing let alone allowing millions more. I keep hearing the same mantra that these folks do jobs most Americans won't. Bet a lot more Americans would take those jobs if they weren't being paid so well on the government dole. But why bother when the government pays better? The whole amnesty thing that was building steam in Congress made me sick to my stomach because on the left you have an overwhelming majority that support open borders and like to proclaim victimhood for anyone they can find countering with multiple government subsidies to ease their pain while demanding that every taxpayer be left with the responsibility of debt it produces. Then on the right this issue divides Republicans. Conservatives are demanding secure borders and a stop to countless spending on programs for illegals. The other side of the Republican coin is pushing for amnesty. They are supported by big business such as Chamber of Commerce and followers of Grover Norquist who promote corporatism. They want cheap non-union forces and they see that potential in immigrants South of the border. Anyone who arrived here illegally does not respect our laws. The one who took the legal channel of applying for citizenship have my whole hearted support. What's happening now with the crisis on the border is the direct result of not enforcing immigration laws already on the books for decades and unfortunately it will be the 50% still paying taxes for all this crap that will end up paying the bill for it.

  5. #35
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Your concerns are valid ones. I have yet to have someone explain to me how allowing so many already here the right to amnesty when a good number of them are uneducated as good thing let alone allowing millions more. I keep hearing the same mantra that these folks do jobs most Americans won't. Bet a lot more Americans would take those jobs if they weren't being paid so well on the government dole. But why bother when the government pays better? The whole amnesty thing that was building steam in Congress made me sick to my stomach because on the left you have an overwhelming majority that support open borders and like to proclaim victimhood for anyone they can find countering with multiple government subsidies to ease their pain while demanding that every taxpayer be left with the responsibility of debt it produces. Then on the right this issue divides Republicans. Conservatives are demanding secure borders and a stop to countless spending on programs for illegals. The other side of the Republican coin is pushing for amnesty. They are supported by big business such as Chamber of Commerce and followers of Grover Norquist who promote corporatism. They want cheap non-union forces and they see that potential in immigrants South of the border. Anyone who arrived here illegally does not respect our laws. The one who took the legal channel of applying for citizenship have my whole hearted support. What's happening now with the crisis on the border is the direct result of not enforcing immigration laws already on the books for decades and unfortunately it will be the 50% still paying taxes for all this crap that will end up paying the bill for it.
    Not to mention the slap in the face of those who are doing it the legal way, as you pointed out. Why bother with the law if you're going to be in line behind the lawbreakers! As for the push for amnesty that big business supposedly wants, that's a crock, too! With the thousands that are already here, don't tell me they need more uneducated illegals - to do what? Automation is already eliminating jobs here that they may have done at one time. Unless business is somehow planning on the US suddenly becoming a country that makes or builds what we need again, at the pay scale of third world countries they sent our jobs to in the first place, it doesn't make sense. Even GM built their newest plant in Mexico recently, and not here! Sheesh! This gets more absurd the longer it continues!

    Greetings, Vesper.

  6. #36
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Other.

    My biggest problem with illegal immigration is that it's illegal.

    If we let all these people into the country, but handed them ID's and had them in some sort of system, so they could be easily ID'd if they committed a crime and such, I would have far less of a problem with it.


    Granted there are arguments for the economic/quality of life impact (same thing, really) hundreds of thousands (millions?) of immigrants have on an economy.

    But we basically can't stop them (wall, hah, that **** won't work) without spending an unreasonable amount of money that will do the same thing.

    So allowing them to legally immigrate seems the best option.

    At least we'll know who they are, more or less, and can tax them like everyone else.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #37
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Other.

    My biggest problem with illegal immigration is that it's illegal.

    If we let all these people into the country, but handed them ID's and had them in some sort of system, so they could be easily ID'd if they committed a crime and such, I would have far less of a problem with it.


    Granted there are arguments for the economic/quality of life impact (same thing, really) hundreds of thousands (millions?) of immigrants have on an economy.

    But we basically can't stop them (wall, hah, that **** won't work) without spending an unreasonable amount of money that will do the same thing.

    So allowing them to legally immigrate seems the best option.

    At least we'll know who they are, more or less, and can tax them like everyone else.
    If the government is supporting them, how do they collect taxes from them? They take taxes out of welfare checks, or other money they get from the government? I'm not being snarky - I don't understand your comment.

    Greetings, The Mark.

  8. #38
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    If the government is supporting them, how do they collect taxes from them? They take taxes out of welfare checks, or other money they get from the government? I'm not being snarky - I don't understand your comment.

    Greetings, The Mark.
    If we're already supporting illegal immigrants, I at least want to know WHO we're supporting, damnit.


    With that info, some criminals could be excluded, or whatnot. Also we would know how many, where, and possibly what good they were providing to the economy and the country.

    Because we all know damn well they ARE providing some good. Nothing is ever all negative, or positive for that matter.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #39
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    If we're already supporting illegal immigrants, I at least want to know WHO we're supporting, damnit.


    With that info, some criminals could be excluded, or whatnot. Also we would know how many, where, and possibly what good they were providing to the economy and the country.

    Because we all know damn well they ARE providing some good. Nothing is ever all negative, or positive for that matter.
    : and I understand what you are saying. So how do you suggest we round them up? Most criminals do not follow the law, so we won't find them. That's why gun registration, as an example, is such a joke. Only law-abiding people follow the law, and they have already broken the law by entering our country illegally. And they have the gall to hold demonstrations for better treatment? Unbelievable! No wonder the people in California wouldn't let the busloads of illegals enter their communities! They learned the hard way what would follow.

  10. #40
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,753

    Re: Your biggest problems with illegal immigration.

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    : and I understand what you are saying. So how do you suggest we round them up? Most criminals do not follow the law, so we won't find them. That's why gun registration, as an example, is such a joke. Only law-abiding people follow the law, and they have already broken the law by entering our country illegally. And they have the gall to hold demonstrations for better treatment? Unbelievable! No wonder the people in California wouldn't let the busloads of illegals enter their communities! They learned the hard way what would follow.
    Offer legalization if they show up to get IDs and such.

    If they voluntarily stay illegal, they either don't trust the new system, or they are criminals and don't want to be in any database for that reason.

    After a reasonable period of time (say, a year) people without ID's are considered illegal immigrants and further investigated - if investigation shows they just weren't aware for some reason, ID and register them and send them on their way.

    If investigation shows criminal behavior, or that they were aware of the change but chose to remain illegal, deportation finally enters the picture.

    Also the border should be streamlined in the extreme - check for criminal behavior, but if none, they're legal immigrants

    I dunno if that last is possible.

    **** i dunno if any of this is possible.

    I just know for damn sure that current system is either non-functional or being purposefully misused.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •