View Poll Results: Does less birth control pill availability/coverage = more Democrat voters in future?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 100.00%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 23 of 23

Thread: Does less birth control pill availability/coverage = more Democrat voters in future?

  1. #21
    Student Blackstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    05-21-17 @ 08:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    218

    Re: Does less birth control pill availability/coverage = more Democrat voters in futu

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Well, since I don't believe in killing babies, I'd say four months. I wish abortions were limited by that. It's arbitrary. It's not scientifically correct. But that's what my heart tells me.
    Understood and I appreciate your honest about the arbitrariness of the cut-off line. I hope you can understand why someone who believes human life begins earlier would look at it differently. I have to say, however, that limiting abortion to a four-month window would be substantially easier to "live with" than the current tangle. One thing I certainly oppose is a 5-4 majority of unelected judges making that arbitrary decision, rather than having such a line drawn by a deliberative body of duly elected representatives (i.e. a legislature). IIRC when Roe v. Wade was decided, abortion was only legal in 5 of the 50 states.

  2. #22
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Does less birth control pill availability/coverage = more Democrat voters in futu

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Understood and I appreciate your honest about the arbitrariness of the cut-off line. I hope you can understand why someone who believes human life begins earlier would look at it differently. I have to say, however, that limiting abortion to a four-month window would be substantially easier to "live with" than the current tangle. One thing I certainly oppose is a 5-4 majority of unelected judges making that arbitrary decision, rather than having such a line drawn by a deliberative body of duly elected representatives (i.e. a legislature). IIRC when Roe v. Wade was decided, abortion was only legal in 5 of the 50 states.
    I absolutely DO understand.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #23
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,713

    Re: Does less birth control pill availability/coverage = more Democrat voters in futu

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Understood and I appreciate your honest about the arbitrariness of the cut-off line. I hope you can understand why someone who believes human life begins earlier would look at it differently. I have to say, however, that limiting abortion to a four-month window would be substantially easier to "live with" than the current tangle. One thing I certainly oppose is a 5-4 majority of unelected judges making that arbitrary decision, rather than having such a line drawn by a deliberative body of duly elected representatives (i.e. a legislature). IIRC when Roe v. Wade was decided, abortion was only legal in 5 of the 50 states.
    Just from both of your posts I hope you can see why "choice" is the most practical and moral way to legally handle abortion. Because no one can agree on almost anything in the discussion and much of it is arbitrary. You cannot force others to believe what you do.

    What is immoral is the force and gross infringements on the rights of individual women if choice were taken away from them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •