View Poll Results: Do you believe diversity offers a company benefits beyond their image?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    17 41.46%
  • No

    20 48.78%
  • Other

    4 9.76%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me the small minds of conservatives.. As if you have to be "Liberal" in order to be a leftist..

    Absolutely no comprehension of what a leftist in the European sense even is..
    Unlike the left, American Conservatives dont define themselves on an international spectrum, but rather our own here.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Unlike the left, American Conservatives dont define themselves on an international spectrum, but rather our own here.
    It's don't Mr. American Conservative.


    Thank all the universe that you people are literally and figuratively dying out. (And I say this as an American raised by American Conservatives)

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    It's don't Mr. American Conservative.


    Thank all the universe that you people are literally and figuratively dying out. (And I say this as an American raised by American Conservatives)
    Kindly link to evidence of diversity being beneficial. Or are we to assume it is because you say it is?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kindly link to evidence of diversity being beneficial. Or are we to assume it is because you say it is?

    I don't so much say it's beneficial as to say that in any company people will be fired. What does it matter who's hired, really? Most companies hire people based on some form of connection, word of mouth or some manager wanting to f*ck that nice lady one day. "Oh noes, they hired a black, gay or some fat black woman". Who cares? The company will churn through people or people will leave for better jobs. People don't stay at even good jobs long these days anyways. With all the ways people are hired corruptly, what in the hell does it even matter? Companies are inherently corrupt in who they hire to begin with as most public entities are, just in subtly different ways. I as a northern European male could honestly care less. At every company I've been at I've found it always hilarious to see the gay faction, the angry fat black lady faction or other create havoc for the latest little bulging belly, borderline delusional midlife crisis company in crowd.

    Let them give the fat 40 something chip eaters at the top of the company some stress. We all hate them anyways.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Kindly link to evidence of diversity being beneficial. Or are we to assume it is because you say it is?
    Na. It`s because I would like to spread the genepool and not end up ****ing my relatives.

    Other than that, do you think one can list achievements based on race and ethnicity?!

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    I don't so much say it's beneficial as to say that in any company people will be fired. What does it matter who's hired, really? Most companies hire people based on some form of connection, word of mouth or some manager wanting to f*ck that nice lady one day. "Oh noes, they hired a black, gay or some fat black woman". Who cares? The company will churn through people or people will leave for better jobs. People don't stay at even good jobs long these days anyways. With all the ways people are hired corruptly, what in the hell does it even matter? Companies are inherently corrupt in who they hire to begin with as most public entities are, just in subtly different ways. I as a northern European male could honestly care less. At every company I've been at I've found it always hilarious to see the gay faction, the angry fat black lady faction or other create havoc for the latest little bulging belly, borderline delusional midlife crisis company in crowd.

    Let them give the fat 40 something chip eaters at the top of the company some stress. We all hate them anyways.
    Your outlook seems fatalistic. What does it matter? When people are hired or fired not based on character or ability but by "identity" we are saying we value symbolism over achievement. Im guessing that does not matter to you, but it does to me.

    Dogma isn't good enough.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Na. It`s because I would like to spread the genepool and not end up ****ing my relatives.

    Other than that, do you think one can list achievements based on race and ethnicity?!
    So you think the dichotomy is diversity or incest? Is that big in Germany?

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    So you think the dichotomy is diversity or incest?
    Na. It`s between being a hole closed to the rest of the world. And being open and willing to learn.

    But yeah, incest kind of occurs mainly in the closed regions.

    Is that big in Germany?
    No not realy, we have significant slavic and Turkish minorities and are a pluralistic society.

    Whats it like in the failed confederacy?

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Your outlook seems fatalistic. What does it matter? When people are hired or fired not based on character or ability but by "identity" we are saying we value symbolism over achievement. Im guessing that does not matter to you, but it does to me.

    Dogma isn't good enough.

    What company hires on "character or ability"? Show me that company. It doesn't exist. Every company I've worked at, one top 25, hired based on perceived "identity" in the interview. I know because I lied in my interview and got the job at a top 25 US bank.

    Your fantastical idea that any company on earth is any less corrupt in their hiring practices is simply wishful thinking. Humans hire based on emotion. Companies are run by humans. Met plenty of people who were hired simply because they knew so and so. Companies hiring practices are no less corrupt than any other organization in the public sector.

    You people need to get over this fantasy "purity" of companies. It doesn't exist.

  10. #80
    Guru

    HonestJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,493

    Re: Is diversity beneficial outside of image?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Which is why I replied with the following.
    Pretty much irrelevant and does not supersede qualifications.
    It was irrelevant.
    I'm not saying diversity supersedes qualifications but that doesn't automatically render it irrelevant. There are loads of thing beyond measurable skills, knowledge and qualifications which will influence the quality of an individual's work and indeed the work of their colleagues, for good or bad. How those factors are able to practically, are permitted to legally or should morally affect hiring decisions is a whole different matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Consequences? That is offensive as it implies something that is not there.
    The only thing needed for that discussion is qualifications.
    If employment decisions were only about qualifications, we wouldn't have job interviews. There is a huge factor of personal preference and opinion that goes in to most hiring decisions that is pretty much unavoidable. That's why this is such a difficult area to deal with in the first place.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •