View Poll Results: What should we do about Iraq?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go back in

    5 7.69%
  • Stay out

    60 92.31%
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 191

Thread: What should we do about Iraq?

  1. #41
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,047

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I think that is extreeeeemely speculatory, and you're just assuming that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Israel, Kuwait, Qatar and Turkey wouldn't do anything about it. Even if it managed to annex a few of its neighbors (unlikely considering it can't even keep its own country together), Syria does not have the battlefield power to conquer a region.
    I am fully expecting them to do something. BTW Greater Syria has nothing to do with the country called Syria. You might want to research that a bit.

  2. #42
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,047

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I hope it holds till Obama is gone, otherwise there will be red lines all over the place to confuse everyone and their dogs.
    Those red lies seem to already to be causing confusion.

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    And you say?
    What a piss poorly designed poll. The options are much wider than those. We could for example do air and missile strikes to aide the Iraqi government but not putting troops actually back in Iraq.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    What should we do about Iraq?

    Learn from it.
    What happens when no one can agree on what the lessons learned are?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #45
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    We should take Iraq and Iran and make them 1 country and call it Irate.
    I laughed...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Those red lies seem to already to be causing confusion.
    The red lines drawn by th incompetent one Obama.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  7. #47
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What happens when no one can agree on what the lessons learned are?
    THen we call it "business as usual".

    In general, those on the right side of the political spectrum tend to ignore the effects from the way we have invoved ourselves in Arab affairs and those on the right tend to ignore the nature of Arabs, themselves.

    When you take an ignorant and inbred population that bases its relationships on ties based upon blood rather than ideology and remove their strong-armed leader, the results should be fairly predictable. We share responsibility due to the way we removed the cork in the bottle of champaign so to speak and they are responsible by nature of their backwards culture,being incapable of governing themselves in any way where people of different blodlines CAN share power.

    It's like the stupid arguments as to "why do they hate us?". The righties go on and on about how they hate us because of who we are.The lefties say,"no--they hate us because of what we do". On and on it goes with neither side realizing they are both right.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  8. #48
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    THen we call it "business as usual".

    In general, those on the right side of the political spectrum tend to ignore the effects from the way we have invoved ourselves in Arab affairs and those on the right tend to ignore the nature of Arabs, themselves.

    When you take an ignorant and inbred population that bases its relationships on ties based upon blood rather than ideology and remove their strong-armed leader, the results should be fairly predictable. We share responsibility due to the way we removed the cork in the bottle of champaign so to speak and they are responsible by nature of their backwards culture,being incapable of governing themselves in any way where people of different blodlines CAN share power.

    It's like the stupid arguments as to "why do they hate us?". The righties go on and on about how they hate us because of who we are.The lefties say,"no--they hate us because of what we do". On and on it goes with neither side realizing they are both right.
    maybe it was also a mistake of removing the entire political structure of iraq by disbanding the Baath party.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  9. #49
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    maybe it was also a mistake of removing the entire political structure of iraq by disbanding the Baath party.
    Hindsight is always 20/20,but to think that there could have been any result OTHER than what we are seeing seems awfully naive to me. You have a population that has never governed itself, has deep schisms based on blood, has a culture lacking notions such as pluralism and humanism, is profoundly illiberal and is deeply superstitious, and to expect as a foreign power to just waltz in there and somehow change them into us seems ridiculous.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #50
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: What should we do about Iraq?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Hindsight is always 20/20,but to think that there could have been any result OTHER than what we are seeing seems awfully naive to me. You have a population that has never governed itself, has deep schisms based on blood, has a culture lacking notions such as pluralism and humanism, is profoundly illiberal and is deeply superstitious, and to expect as a foreign power to just waltz in there and somehow change them into us seems ridiculous.
    it was a stupid idea to remove every government official in sad dams regime, because they were the only ones with actual governing experience.

    we kept nazis in power as mayors and other positions of power because there was no obvious replacement with adequate experience in government that was not a nazi.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •