View Poll Results: Who has been our greatest President?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • George Washington

    23 21.50%
  • Thomas Jefferson

    5 4.67%
  • Abraham Lincoln

    19 17.76%
  • Teddy Roosevelt

    4 3.74%
  • Woodrow Wilson

    0 0%
  • Franklin Roosevelt

    19 17.76%
  • John Kennedy

    1 0.93%
  • Ronald Reagan

    21 19.63%
  • Bill Clinton

    3 2.80%
  • Other (please elaborate)

    12 11.21%
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 322

Thread: Who has been our greatest President?[W:196]

  1. #311
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Let me make this really simple for you: just present my statement which you believe is false. Lets start there.
    ok.... if you wish to go over it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    FDR was President during the period. He presided over the climb out of the Depression ..........................and over the triumph over fascism.

    NOTICE THE TWO POINTS HERE......"OVER THE CLIMB OUT OF THE DEPRESSION"...., AND THEN YOU GO ON TO SAY, OVER THE TRIUMPH OVER FASCISM.

    SO BY YOUR WORDS, OVER THE CLIMB OUT OF THE DESPRESSION, MAKING IT COMPLETE,........................ AND THEN OVER FASCISM MAKING IT COMPLETE ....MAKING IT A TWO STEP PROCESS.

    you made it sound as though FDR got us out of the depression.,and went on to win the war.

    and you backed this up with this statement below'


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    and yes - it was government spending which got us out of the depression.


    NOTICE AGAIN....... YOU REALLY MAKE NO REFERNCE TO WAR SPENDING PUTTING AN ENDING TO THE DEPRESSION,


    but again it was government spending on the war effort , and not FDR'S new deal spending....plus America's ability to world export after the war, which ended the depression.....


    summary below

    so do you Haymarket the conclude NOW... government spending on the war, was able to get America out of the depression, and not governments spending
    on the new deal......yes or no?

    if you say yes.......then we are in agreement on war effort spending...and our conversation here is over.

    if you say no........ then you conclude FDR'S "new deal" spending got us out of the depression, which I don't believe that......and therefore you and I could have never agreed in this thread......which earlier you drew that conclusion...which is false
    Last edited by Master PO; 07-02-14 at 03:41 PM.

  2. #312
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    ok.... if you wish to go over it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    FDR was President during the period. He presided over the climb out of the Depression ..........................and over the triumph over fascism.

    NOTICE THE TWO POINTS HERE......"OVER THE CLIMB OUT OF THE DEPRESSION"...., AND THEN YOU GO ON TO SAY, OVER THE TRIUMPH OVER FASCISM.

    SO BY YOUR WORDS, OVER THE CLIMB OUT OF THE DESPRESSION, MAKING IT COMPLETE,........................ AND THEN OVER FASCISM MAKING IT COMPLETE ....MAKING IT A TWO STEP PROCESS.

    you made it sound as though FDR got us out of the depression.,and went on to win the war.

    and you backed this up with this statement below'


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    and yes - it was government spending which got us out of the depression.


    NOTICE AGAIN....... YOU REALLY MAKE NO REFERNCE TO WAR SPENDING PUTTING AN ENDING TO THE DREPRESSION,


    but adain it was government spending on the war effort , and not FDR'S new deal spending....plus America's ability to world export after the war, which ended the depression.....


    summary below

    so do you Haymarket the conclude NOW... government spending on the war, was able to get America out of the depression, and not governments spending
    on the new deal......yes or no?

    if you say yes.......then we are in agreement on war effort spending...and our conversation here is over.

    if you say no........ then you conclude FDR'S "new deal" spending got us out of the depression, which I don't believe that......and therefore you and I could have never agreed in this thread......which earlier you drew that conclusion...which is false
    So where is the false statement? You still have not yet presented anything from me that is false and can be proven to be so.

    And it becomes more and more and more obvious why you rejected the format I simplified for you in favor of your usual convoluted nonsense.
    Last edited by haymarket; 07-02-14 at 03:43 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #313
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    right here.


    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post

    and yes - it was government spending which got us out of the depression. Thank you for agreeing with that. You see, the Depression had already started and was firmly in hold of the nation before any FDR New Deal spending got really rolling. So it in no way shape or form can be said to be responsible for getting us into the depression in the first place.

    A neo-libertarian are folks like you see here who are firmly right wing .



    you see you are saying by this statement above of yours... the depression was dealt with by massive government spending, ..however you make no reference to war effort spending, .............that I clearly did.

    you are putting in it a light of government spending by FDR, ended the depression, and saying I agree to that conclusion.....but I said the depression ended by of effects of war and after it.

    you do not reference the war effort with its spending, ...

    all you do is reference the enemies defeat
    .

    so your statement was false and ................misleading.
    Last edited by Master PO; 07-02-14 at 03:59 PM.

  4. #314
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You still have not yet presented anything from me that is false
    Your posts aren't enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your style of writing and argument is at best murky and at worst nearly incomprehensible.
    Only to those with double digit IQ's, like you.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?[W:196]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Who has been our greatest President?

    As President, not other times and aspects of their life.
    This is a tough one for me............I love Abe Lincoln but chose Ronald Reagan.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  6. #316
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,761

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?[W:196]

    Theodore Roosevelt, all the way. I don't care what all but three of you people think, he's still our greatest President, and a bigger badass than Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwar... Arnold Howeverthehellyouspellhisname combined!
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  7. #317
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?[W:196]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    Theodore Roosevelt, all the way. I don't care what all but three of you people think, he's still our greatest President, and a bigger badass than Chuck Norris and Arnold Schwar... Arnold Howeverthehellyouspellhisname combined!
    after all, he stole panama fair and square
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,982

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    Your posts aren't enough?



    Only to those with double digit IQ's, like you.
    Then I challenge you to use your obviously massive IQ and intellect to simply go over the last few pages in my exchange with Herr Barkmann and point out my false statement.

    Of course, you will not as you never back up these sort of silly attacks with any actual proof or evidence.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #319
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,761

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Then I challenge you to use your obviously massive IQ and intellect to simply go over the last few pages in my exchange with Herr Barkmann and point out my false statement.

    Of course, you will not as you never back up these sort of silly attacks with any actual proof or evidence.
    You misspelled Ernst. Also, from what I've seen of your responses, you seem to view the evidence as entirely subjective. I pity anybody stubborn enough to try and reason with you.

    Goddamn my stubbornness...

    Your false statement was about Ernst's comment on massive wartime spending. You seem to have it in your head that he was referring to government spending on the war, but he wasn't. He was talking about how the massive demand for resources acted like an adrenaline shot for businesses. Mines, farms, factories, really just about every part of the American economy was suddenly back in business. Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevent. Intentional or not, you misrepresented what he was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  10. #320
    Clown Prince of Politics
    Psychoclown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hiding from the voices in my head.
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 09:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,738

    Re: Who has been our greatest President?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Of course its hypocrisy. If they have railed that it is such a horrible system that should be dismantled, the fact they are WILLINGLY taking part in it after they retire is SUPPORTING such a system. Yes, it's hypocrisy sorry because they feel that since they can now benefit from such a system its ok.
    You're ignoring the fact that people are FORCED to pay into the system for forty some odd years before they can collect a dime. Social Security is based on the promise that if you pay in when you're young, it will pay off when you're old and start collecting for yourself. Assuming of course you live that long. I can't blame anyone who hits retirement age and decides, "Hey, I might as well get what I can out of this lousy system I was forced to support for my entire working life."

    I may disagree with a ton of government programs, but as long as I am forced to pay taxes to support those programs, you can bet I'm going to squeeze every last legal benefit I can out of those programs. It's just common sense.
    Slipping into madness is good for the sake of comparison - Unknown.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •