View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    How many Americans would support war in the name of "Judeo-Christian values?" You and I both know that answer would be a significant amount of them.
    Source, please. Not a video.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Brigitte goes on CNN and gets schooled by a Muslim.

    Thats an idiotic video. I know lefties think Young Turks are brilliant, but we have different standards.

  3. #83
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Thats an idiotic video. I know lefties think Young Turks are brilliant, but we have different standards.
    Cenk may have provided colourful commentary, but the video of Brigitte getting trampled by an actual expert (who happens to be a Muslim) speaks for itself.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    One should not throw stones in glass houses. (I mean that for America in general, not you specifically.)
    When was the last time we were decapitating people or cutting their fingers off for voting.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Cenk may have provided colourful commentary, but the video of Brigitte getting trampled by an actual expert (who happens to be a Muslim) speaks for itself.
    Im sorry, I think Middle eastern Christians who were bombed and shot at and burned by the "religion of peace" know plenty. You dont get to pick who says what.

  6. #86
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Outstanding post, might I ask how you met her?
    I wrote to her at her website ACT for America after seeing one of her vids.
    It used to be just her site.
    Her first vid was a speech at Left Wing Columbia U, of all places. Can't find it, It would be 10 yrs old now and was on her site for a while but no more.
    It was a heart-wrenching but heart-warming speech too; mainly defending Israel and her personal journey.
    Columbia's faculty infamous: Edward Said, Khalidi, etc.
    An Arab woman with the strongest defense of Israel I have ever seen. I'll keep looking for it.
    I call/called her 'my Hero'.

    She wrote back and we became fast friends. We share similar opinions of Islam. Hers are a bit harsher and less numeric than mine, she's passionately involved because of her difficult but amazing life.
    We met in person soon after.
    Since then she's made hundreds of appearances nationwide, wrote a book or two, and become a Fox News commentator.

    That's her husband doing the interview above.
    Where she lives is a secret for the same reason as many other critics of Islam.
    ie, Reformer Irshad Manji lives in a 'hardened' house in Toronto.

    In fact, women may have bigger gonzagas than men when it comes to hitting Islam.
    Bardot and the Brillant Oriana Fallaci come to mind.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...te-europe.html
    Last edited by mbig; 06-25-14 at 11:18 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #87
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Im sorry, I think Middle eastern Christians who were bombed and shot at and burned by the "religion of peace" know plenty.
    So what is the basis of her expertise, aside from being a Middle East Christian?

    Gabriel is critical of Islam and believes that "the degraded state of Arab societies is caused by Islam",[3] and that Arab Muslims are "lagging behind" because of social and religious values.[4] She considers "Islamic terrorists" simply as devout followers of Islam,[7] following an example set by Muhammad's behavior.[5][6] According to the New York Times, she portrays radical Islam as "thoroughly bent on destruction and domination" and her message is anti-Islam.[1]

    Stephen Lee, a publicist at St. Martins Press for Gabriel's second book, has called her views "extreme",[30] and Deborah Solomon of the New York Times Magazine, who interviewed Gabriel in August 2008, described her as a "radical Islamophobe".[34] According to Clark Hoyt from The New York Times, over 250 people wrote in to protest that label in the days that followed.[30]

    Gabriel is critical of Americans who "find all sorts of things wrong with America", who "badmouth and put down our culture, government, and country", while having "never experienced life in an oppressive culture or under an oppressive leadership such as is found in the Middle East."[33] She believes that Americans should "acknowledge that our Western culture is better than others."[29]

    In viewing America as "a powerful and great nation" possessing "superior culture and values", Gabriel sees the entitlements that American Western culture has bestowed through "the Judeo-Christian value system" and the ideals of the Founding Fathers, who "worked to establish rights for the individual, rights that did not exist under other forms of government at that time."[35]

    According to Gabriel, since Radical Islam views the destruction of Israel alongside the United States as "a parallel strategic objective",[36] she therefore sees the survival of Israel as being of paramount importance as a vanguard of Western culture and as "the only Western-style nation in the Middle East, one that Arabs despise, feel threatened by, and vow to destroy."[35]

    In a symposium held in January 2009 titled "Homegrown Jihadis" by FrontPage Magazine, she stated Islam itself "promotes intolerance and violence", and that "Moderate Muslims must organize and engage those enlightened, educated and westernized Muslims in the community to begin a dialogue to discuss the possibility of reform in Islam just as Christianity and Judaism have been reformed."[37]
    ...


    When Gabriel was invited to speak as part of a lecture series organized by Duke University's Jewish community in October 2004, many in attendance were angered by her referring to Arabs as "barbarians." The Freeman Centre for Jewish Life at Duke University later apologized for her comments.[20] Following her speech at women's campaign event for the Jewish Federation of Ottawa (JFO) in November 2008, many in attendance registered their protests, leading Mitchell Bellman, president and CEO of the JFO, to write a letter in which he acknowledged that Gabriel made, "unacceptable gross generalizations of Arabs and Muslims," distancing his organization from her views.[34]

    In 2007 at the Christians United For Israel annual conference, Gabriel delivered the following speech:

    The difference, my friends, between Israel and the Arab world is the difference between civilization and barbarism. It's the difference between good and evil [applause].... this is what we're witnessing in the Arabic world, They have no soul, they are dead set on killing and destruction. And in the name of something they call "Allah" which is very different from the God we believe....[applause] because our God is the God of love.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    I wrote to her at her website ACT for America after seeing one of her vids.
    It used to be just her site.
    Her first vid was a speech at Left Wing Columbia U, of all places. Can't find it, It would be 10 yrs old now and was on her site for a while but no more.
    It was a heart-wrenching but heart-warming speech too; mainly defending Israel and her personal journey.
    Columbia's faculty infamous: Edward Said, Khalidi, etc.
    An Arab woman with the strongest defense of Israel I have ever seen. I'll keep looking for it.
    I call/called her 'my Hero'.

    She wrote back and we became fast friends. We share similar opinions of Islam. Hers are a bit harsher and less numeric than mine, she's passionately involved because of her difficult but amazing life.
    We met in person soon after.
    Since then she's made hundreds of appearances nationwide, wrote a book or two, and become a Fox News commentator.

    That's her husband doing the interview above.
    Where she lives is a secret for the same reason as many other critics of Islam.
    ie, Reformer Irshad Manji lives in a 'hardened' house in Toronto.

    In fact, women may have bigger gonzagas than men when it comes to hitting Islam.
    Bardot and the Brillant Oriana Fallaci come to mind.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/europe...te-europe.html
    Both of my parents lived and worked in the ME. My father in Cairo at the American university and my mother at the Kuwait City American school in the 70's. They met in minnesota at the end of that decade. My father is Greek Orthodox and my mother Catholic-and the stories they tell are horrifying. Things that aren't mentioned or known here-there is truly no frame of reference.

    Gabriel's experiences reflect some of the stories I heard growing up. How muslims treat people in that region. Im listening to her interview now, and I frankly enjoy her passion.

    Being a woman and of middle eastern origin she has a shield against claims of being non-pc, racist, etc. Good stuff.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    So what is the basis of her expertise, aside from being a Middle East Christian?



    ...




    All you need to do is listen.

  10. #90
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    So what is the basis of her expertise, aside from being a Middle East Christian?

    I don't see a Single refutation of Anything she said in that entire excerpt, just PC Invective.

    I also didn't see you challenge anything I said when parsing "radical" etc.
    You just Paste up stuff.
    You know NOTHING about Islam and unlike me, you are non-conversant.

    thereligionofpeace.com
    Islamophobe (is-slahm-o-fohb) - A non-Muslim who knows more than they are supposed to know about Islam.

    Here's my post on the topic from the last page.
    You didn't/couldn't challenge it because it's simply true and she's simply right.

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Early interview with my Friend Brigitte Gabriel at Duke:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1QGyosnwRI

    I posted her vids as early as 2004/5
    Brigitte Gabriel: Maronite Lebanese, Video - Christian Forums

    The problem here is the use/meaning of 'radical'.
    Certainly 25% of Muslims aren't "terrorists" .. the old strawman we see in this string and in the rigged youngturk youtube in the post above mine.
    Terrorists would be under 1%.

    But how many are Fundamentalist? Literalist? Is that "radical?
    If we use those terms the way we use it on Christians it would be a healthy Majority.
    The same healthy Majority that supports Sharia worldwide and elected the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, with the more "Radical" Salafis second. Between them 70%.
    Salafis, Coincidentally (Not), won 25% in 'Moderate' Egypt!

    Do you consider the MB "radical"? Salafis?
    So her claim is Not at all off base.
    Many Muslims and Muslim govts financially support terrorists radicals: Saudi, Pakistan, Hamas charities, etc.

    Christians are persecuted and Cleansed in Most Muslim countries by their peoples AND Governments.

    So 'radical'? Would you call Falwell/Robertson Radical? Because I would say about 2/3++ of Muslims are at least that 'radical'.
    Then, of course, you have the problem of Literal or Radical to What?

    Being Literal to the NT would cause what counterproductive behavior exactly? Teaching creationism instead of evolution?
    Being literal to the Koran, OTOH, has many Violent repercussions we do see worldwide.
    People die Every day in the NAME of Islam/it's scripture.
    What would Falwell proscribe for Adultery, Counseling? While a Majority of Muslims support Stoning to Death for Adultery as prescribed by Sharia.

    A Christian Fundamentalist is a missionary, a Muslim Fundamentalist Kills him.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-25-14 at 11:44 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •