View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #231
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Britain, Mother of Civilisation
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    468

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Another DISHONEST post. Now he's changed to the word "extremist".
    He buddy, the word in question, without any Doodads you added on like "jihadi", is "Radical".

    You had no problem with "radical" for the Tea Party, but the Muslim Brotherhood, Salafis, Wahhabis.. aren't
    Great stuff!

    That and your preposterous claim that the/Our Big coming conflict was with a mere .15-.25% of Muslims. (who btw, must be funded by other/more 'non radical' muslims/Govts)

    So what's next?
    1. You'll change the word "radical" to yet something else.. or add another modifier to it..
    2. You'll "maintain" something that you are, in fact, Changing.. again.

    It's attempted but Failed Disingenuity for all to see.
    Seriously, where did you learn to speak English? This is some ballistic grammar and punctuation I see.

    Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to call the Muslim Brotherhood, the Tea Party, the Salafists, the Westboro Baptist Church, the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia, Hezbollah, the Israeli settlers and the NRA extremists. I think they're all extremist nutbags and their influence needs to be limited.

    I have no idea why you're being so hostile -- it's almost comical. I'm largely agreeing with the basic statement (if not with you, because you don't appear to have a point) that radical Islam is dangerous and must be curbed. I'm totally behind that.

    I'm just not totally behind demonising 300 million people who are beyond any shadow of a doubt NOT all extremists.

  2. #232
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Seriously, where did you learn to speak English? This is some ballistic grammar and punctuation I see.

    Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to call the Muslim Brotherhood, the Tea Party, the Salafists, the Westboro Baptist Church, the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia, Hezbollah, the Israeli settlers and the NRA extremists. I think they're all extremist nutbags and their influence needs to be limited.
    The word in question, again, is "radical".
    See if you can make an honest post using That word instead of constantly changing it.

    You thought it was "preposterous" that more than .15%-.25% of Muslims could be labeled as such, But a group as wide as the Tea Party, a significant block in the USA, was fine for it.
    We got it!
    That's why you keep changing the word: to avoid the obvious hypocrisy in it's use.
    I completely understand the game, I'm just not going to let you get away with it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ad Captandum

    I have no idea why you're being so hostile -- it's almost comical. I'm largely agreeing with the basic statement (if not with you, because you don't appear to have a point) that radical Islam is dangerous and must be curbed. I'm totally behind that.

    I'm just not totally behind demonising 300 million people who are beyond any shadow of a doubt NOT all extremists.
    You're not agreeing with me at all.
    You're vastly underestimating the number of Radicals in Islam at a ridiculous ".15%-.25%" which your last admission above just Busted. MB, Wahhabis, Salafis, alone are way more than .15%-.25%! And Many, Many, more in ie, Pakistan, Yemen, Iran, SE Asia, etc, are just as bad.
    as well as having your estimate busted by your own previous post which claimed that would be our major conflict.
    and of Course, there's the Strawman! "Not ALL"

    Again:
    I'm hostile because...
    1. you keep moving the goal posts by adding modifiers (like "jihadi") to "radical", and again in this post, Outright Replacing it with "extremist" to muddy the issue and avoid your hypocritical use of it.
    2. You again are saying you're "maintaining", now "agreeing", when you did no such thing.
    Your latest post just a repeat of the Disingenuous tactics I specified in my numbers 1 & 2 in the post you quoted, but obviously ignored/hoped to Fudge again.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-26-14 at 09:05 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  3. #233
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,854

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    15% to 25%?

    I think a more likely statistic is .15% to .25% of all Muslims are radical extremists. What an absurd thought, that 300 million people are radical jihadists!

    My God, what a moron that woman is.
    But her point about moderates standing by and doing much of nothing was spot on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    The radical Tea Partiers certainly don't constitute 15% to 25% of all Christians or Westerners, and thank God (metaphorically), for I shudder to think if they did!

    Anyway, I absolutely maintain my stance that radical Islam is awful and must be eradicated. I also maintain that it is dangerous to the West and should not be tolerated in any way, shape or form.

    This is logically coherent with my other allegation that nowhere near 25% of all Muslims are radical extremists.

    The vast, vast, vast majority of Muslims are not radical jihadists, and should not be treated or feared as such. Those that are, however, ought to be identified and eliminated, whether that's through military, economic or educational force.
    The TEA party does not even address social issues. They want limited taxation and govt intrusion, and strict govt accountability. If you are saying that is equivocal to people who believe Gays and Apostates should be stoned, and that we should live under a legal system based on Islam you simply dont know what you are talking about.

    I've posted video's in this thread about the situation in Londonistan-YOU are going to figure this out long before any American liberal does.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ad_Captandum View Post
    Seriously, where did you learn to speak English? This is some ballistic grammar and punctuation I see.

    Anyway, I'm perfectly willing to call the Muslim Brotherhood, the Tea Party, the Salafists, the Westboro Baptist Church, the Wahhabis in Saudi Arabia, Hezbollah, the Israeli settlers and the NRA extremists. I think they're all extremist nutbags and their influence needs to be limited.

    I have no idea why you're being so hostile -- it's almost comical. I'm largely agreeing with the basic statement (if not with you, because you don't appear to have a point) that radical Islam is dangerous and must be curbed. I'm totally behind that.

    I'm just not totally behind demonising 300 million people who are beyond any shadow of a doubt NOT all extremists.
    This is beautiful-you think that the TEA party and the NRA somehow equate to "extremist nutbags". Im by no means a fan of Westboro, but they aren't even the junior varsity version of what is ubiquitous in Islam. Probably just in YOUR town alone. Get your bearings, mate-you are lost.

  6. #236
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Are you telling me you are precisely in the middle? The epitome of centrist? What are the odds of that?
    I find it amusing that left or right people get so perplexed that someone isn't for 'em or agin-em. Isn't clearly friend or foe.

    I'm close to the middle, but lean left, and that gets lefties and righties kerfuffled. Lefties assume I'm really true left, and righties try to figure out if I'm left enough to hate.

  7. #237
    Sage
    JumpinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-12-17 @ 10:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,628

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This is beautiful-you think that the TEA party and the NRA somehow equate to "extremist nutbags". Im by no means a fan of Westboro, but they aren't even the junior varsity version of what is ubiquitous in Islam. Probably just in YOUR town alone. Get your bearings, mate-you are lost.
    Come on, now. Even though they don't behead people, you know that the TEA Party and the NRA are full of extremists, and the % of extremists is way over the 25% mark. That statement of the post you cited is correct on that point.

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    I find it amusing that left or right people get so perplexed that someone isn't for 'em or agin-em. Isn't clearly friend or foe.

    I'm close to the middle, but lean left, and that gets lefties and righties kerfuffled. Lefties assume I'm really true left, and righties try to figure out if I'm left enough to hate.
    I have no skin in the game regarding any posters lean. I like poll threads and word them how I do because they allow us to dissect these issues and gain insight into peoples thoughts. I find this useful.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
    Come on, now. Even though they don't behead people, you know that the TEA Party and the NRA are full of extremists, and the % of extremists is way over the 25% mark. That statement of the post you cited is correct on that point.
    Actually I disagree, perhaps there is a bit of distortion to your view.

  10. #240
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,100

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Okay, so let's assume that one polling source is 100% correct. 13% said they have favorable opinions of Al Qaeda. That's nowhere near what the video stated.
    You won't get argument from me about Al-Qaeda, but support for Al-Qaeda is different than support for Islamist groups.

    What is that supposed to mean? A Muslim winning an election in Pakistan is just as likely as a Christian winning an election here. And in the last general election, the winning party was the fiscal conservative, right-wing, "pro-American" party.
    Ah, no, not the same as "A Christian Winning Here".

    Let's say that Mike Huckabee had run on a platform of enforcing Christian morality on the populace, Amending the Constitution to conform to the Bible, and encouraging the death sentence for apostasy or insulting Christianity. And won. That would be closer to what it would look like if we were to try to build a parallel between the Islamists who win elections and a Christian winning here.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •