View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #171
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    What's your point? You seem to be under the allusion that I'm a defender of Islam. I'm an atheist. If you want my opinion of Islam, lets head on over to the religion forum. If you want my opinion of Brigitte Gabriel, I guess we're in the right place.

    Honest criticism of religion? I'm all for it. That doesn't change who Brigitte Gabriel is.
    Your posts are 100% DISHONEST.
    You Avoid ALL issues.

    Dramatically and DISHONESTLY Cut off all the meat when you 'quote' other posters.
    Just reduced my meaty post to one sentence...
    while avoiding others completely.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063452132

    You LIE about what was said such as twisting All Muslims into the mere 2% who are Western ones under USA/EU law.
    Just LIED again changing the actual premise of "15-25%" into "30%".

    The Religion section does NOT allow criticism of religion. THIS is the correct section.
    Wrong again.

    And of course you have DISHONESTLY avoided everything that was said above (which refuted you) and 'short-quoted' me. Thus your obfuscation/suggestion of moving sections.
    The most Dishonest Posting I've EVER seen outside of one or two lunatics in the Conspiracy section who can't help themselves.

    And the reason for Amadeus' unwillingness to address the truth is, again, he is NONCONVERSANT on the issue and posts, as his last, Boobtubes instead.


    EDIT:
    Below is yet another ContentLess LIE by Amadeus.
    He has NOT responded to my last post Nor the one linked above in this one.
    And again he 'Short-quoted' even this post which points out the Dishonest tactic!

    EDIT 2: And seems to be on a consecutive Fudging streak below to cover up/patch his Outed Lies, but Still NO topical posts save boobtubes.
    This
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063452132
    and others are avoided by Amadeus because he Cannot answer the simple truth.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-26-14 at 04:07 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #172
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    You LIE about what was said such as twisting All Muslims into the mere 2% who are Western ones.
    Just LIED again changing the actual premise of "15-25%" into "30%".
    I already responded to this post. You don't have to post it again.

  3. #173
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    How do you know this is a 'moderate muslim?'
    How do you know any Muslim is moderate if you subscribe to the theory that up to 25% are radicalised?

  4. #174
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Your posts are 100% DISHONEST.
    EDIT:
    Below is yet another ContentLess LIE by Amadeus.
    He has NOT responded to my last post Nor the one linked above in this one.
    And again he 'short-quoted' even this post![/b]
    I said:

    No, Gardener said that even more Muslims than 25% were in favour of killing people who leave the Muslim faith. So I bumped it up to 30%. My mistake?

    Brigitte Gabriel said that 25% of Muslims (including Americans) are radicals. If you make a blanket statement against Muslims like that, you have to be prepared to support it. Is it 25% of Muslims, or non-American Muslims?

    Edit: Keep in mind that I generally don't respond to nonsense. If I short quote you, it's because you're getting off-topic or you're speaking nonsense.

  5. #175
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    [indent]The problem here is the use/meaning of 'radical'.
    Brigitte has defined Radical islam:

    "a practising Muslim who goes to mosque every Friday, prays five times a day, and who believes that the Koran is the word of God, and who believes that Mohammed is the perfect man and (four inaudible words) is a radical Muslim."

    But how many are Fundamentalist? Literalist? Is that "radical?
    I'm talking about Brigitte's definition.

    So 'radical'? Would you call Falwell/Robertson Radical? Because I would say about 2/3++ of Muslims are at least that 'radical'.
    No, I would call Falwell and Robertson little bigoted men. Religious opportunists.

    The rest of your post doesn't apply to me, or to most Muslims.

  6. #176
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I said:

    No, Gardener said that even more Muslims than 25% were in favour of killing people who leave the Muslim faith. So I bumped it up to 30%. My mistake?

    Brigitte Gabriel said that 25% of Muslims (including Americans) are radicals. If you make a blanket statement against Muslims like that, you have to be prepared to support it. Is it 25% of Muslims, or non-American Muslims?


    Edit: Keep in mind that I generally don't respond to nonsense. If I short quote you, it's because you're getting off-topic or you're speaking nonsense.
    How DISHONEST or OBTUSE again.
    DUH!
    "25% of Muslims" OBVIOUSLY doesn't mean EXACTLY 25% in Each and Every Country.
    DUH!
    It could be only 2% (or 100%) of the relatively TINY amount Muslims in the USA/EU, and still NOT change the OVERALL number of 25% significantly.
    DUH!

    EDIT:
    One realizes from the above and below, debate is not just difficult, but Impossible with someone who Cannot Grasp simple concepts, or who Dishonestly Alters the material..
    as he Dishonestly Truncates his opponents replies.
    And with that, I'll leave Amadeus embarrassed, as he should be by this exchange, as it stands.

    EDIT 2. This Topic was NOT/NEVER just about America.
    Another DISHONEST Amadeus deflection. Same one he tried a few pages ago.
    Gabriel specifically talked Muslims WORLDWIDE in the OP youtube and any subsequent references.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-26-14 at 04:30 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  7. #177
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    How DISHONEST or OBTUSE again.
    DUH!
    "25% of Muslims" OBVIOUSLY doesn't mean EXACTLY 25% in Each and Every Country.
    So what does it mean, and how is radical Islam a problem in AMERICA if the 25% doesn't apply to AMERICA?

    DUH!

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    How do you know any Muslim is moderate if you subscribe to the theory that up to 25% are radicalised?

  9. #179
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    I posted a link to a reputable pew research report on Muslim attitudes.

    If you are capable of any honesty whatsoever, you will take a look at these attitudes with a critical eye. If you are incapable of honesty, then by all means feel free to just continue with the program.
    Define 'attitude.'
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  10. #180
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Link?
    Sure...

    and 7 others like this.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •