View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #151
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    You also stated you dont have her sources or numbers, so are we really surprised?
    In the video she said 25% are radicals. There is no source to back that up. Do you not recognize that?

    It is when those crimes are carried out in the name of a religion. We can't say its an isolated case either, can we? Heres where you read your script about all religions having nuts...
    Are you actually going to deny that that is true? Yes, people are going to do crazy things in the name of their religion, regardless of what their religion is. This is coming from a Catholic, mind you. And you can deny it if you want, but in the U.S., your are more likely to be killed by a member of the radical right than a Muslim.

  2. #152
    Sayonara!
    Maenad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    By the water.
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 10:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,259

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    In the video she said 25% are radicals. There is no source to back that up. Do you not recognize that?



    Are you actually going to deny that that is true? Yes, people are going to do crazy things in the name of their religion, regardless of what their religion is. This is coming from a Catholic, mind you. And you can deny it if you want, but in the U.S., your are more likely to be killed by a member of the radical right than a Muslim.
    Then what is the correct percentage, and how does that tally out into actual people? Even % would come to 10 million. That would be more than the population of our largest city.

    From your link:

    It has now been 13 years since al Qaeda and its associated forces have carried out a successful attack inside the United States. National security analyst and regular CNN contributor Peter Bergen asks, “Given this, it becomes harder to explain, in terms of American national security, why violence by homegrown right-wing extremists receives substantially less attention than does violence by homegrown jihadist militants?”
    I guess he slept through the Boston Marathon.
    Last edited by Maenad; 06-26-14 at 03:07 PM.
    Redneck, hillbilly, fundie, Bible thumper, cracker, split tails, geezer, loon, xenophobe, islamaphobe, and homophobe are not words of tolerance.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    What Britain is dealing with. BTW, Vice TV is a left leaning media outlet. But its stunningly clear.


  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Extremism is a problem in general the Middle East.
    Where are the extremist Jews and Christians in the ME?

  5. #155
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I don't defend totalitarianism, I simply despise bigots like yourself. ?
    Ii figured it would only be a matter of times before you were not content with merely making a number of incredibly stupid statements and went for the home run.

    Yes, in your mixed up, crazy world.it is those who object to the desire to kill people for their belief who are the bigots. It is bigoted to reject totalitarian belief systems that require the killing to keep control. Only a bigot would dare to find something wrong with amputating limbs for petty theft, for killing one's daughter for ego gratification or for putting homosexuals to death. Those behaviors and beliefs are not bigoted in any way, of course, since you defend them so strenuously that you would call other people a bigot if they object.

    What an absolutely Orwellian cesspool of ignorance you espouse when you intentionally invert bigot with those who object to such bigotry. THere is nothing in the world MORE bigoted than those who would kill others for leaving their belief system, yet you support this.

    Your dishonesty here is utterly pathetic.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  6. #156
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Then what is the correct percentage, and how does that tally out into actual people? Even % would come to 10 million. That would be more than the population of our largest city.
    The chance of anyone dying in a terrorist attack is about 1 in 20,000,000. There, now go to sleep and stop worrying about Muslims.

    Chances of Dying in a Terrorist Attack (Number) | TIME.com

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    It's not that she's a right-winger, it's that she's a bigot, a fear-monger, and a demagogue.
    She's been shot at, bombed, and burned by Muslims since she was a child. Its clearly her bad, huh?

  8. #158
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Ii figured it would only be a matter of times before you were not content with merely making a number of incredibly stupid statements and went for the home run.

    Yes, in your mixed up, crazy world.it is those who object to the desire to kill people for their belief who are the bigots. It is bigoted to reject totalitarian belief systems that require the killing to keep control. Only a bigot would dare to find something wrong with amputating limbs for petty theft, for killing one's daughter for ego gratification or for putting homosexuals to death. Those behaviors and beliefs are not bigoted in any way, of course, since you defend them so strenuously that you would call other people a bigot if they object.

    What an absolutely Orwellian cesspool of ignorance you espouse when you intentionally invert bigot with those who object to such bigotry. THere is nothing in the world MORE bigoted than those who would kill others for leaving their belief system, yet you support this.

    Your dishonesty here is utterly pathetic.
    Notice that I didn't actually read your post, because I don't read trash.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Maenad View Post
    Then what is the correct percentage, and how does that tally out into actual people? Even % would come to 10 million. That would be more than the population of our largest city.

    From your link:



    I guess he slept through the Boston Marathon.
    And Fort Hood-which was "workplace violence", as he shot people and yelled alahu ackbar.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Notice that I didn't actually read your post, because I don't read trash.
    Dude, you are outgunned. Put on a Kevin Smith movie and pop some popcorn.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •