View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #131
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Show me where I'm inconsistent. Are you saying Jerry Falwell was a good representative of Christianity? The guy who blamed 9/11 on homosexuals? Because I sure as hell don't.
    Jerry Falwell does not represent Christianity to me, and I have no problem condeming his 9/11 comment. Your inconsistency is in you condeming her as fear mongering by speaking ill of some muslims, while your sig speaks ill of some christians. Yes Jerry Falwell has said some ridiculous things but he never committed acts of terrorism, yet you attack him?? Yet the people who do condone the mass murder and are willing to look the otherway you defend and when these people are called to task by this woman you label her as "a fear monger". This is not consistent thought.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Denio Junction
    Last Seen
    11-13-14 @ 12:09 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,039
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    They need to do more. A LOT MORE

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    We don't have many Muslim members on DP, but those we have are almost 100% damning in their condemnation of Islamist extremists. I've never met a moderate Muslim who didn't.

  3. #133
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I know enough about Islam. And I don't converse with people like you, who are beyond conversing with. Anyone who buys into Brigitte Gabriel's tripe is a FOOL.
    And your posts are DISHONEST and you Cannot address anything I said or make any post of substance.
    You merely Paste up stuff others say.

    Again, You are NONCONVERSANT on this topic. It's not just that you refuse, it's that you are Unable to debate this or any other.
    You have a PC-stance but Zero Sub-stance.

    THIRD Time Unanswered/Unaddressed:

    The problem here is the use/meaning of 'radical'.
    Certainly 25% of Muslims aren't "terrorists" .. the old strawman we see in this string and in the rigged youngturk youtube in the post above mine.
    Terrorists would be under 1%.

    But how many are Fundamentalist? Literalist? Is that "radical?
    If we use those terms the way we use it on Christians it would be a healthy Majority.
    The same healthy Majority that supports Sharia worldwide and elected the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, with the more "Radical" Salafis second. Between them 70%.
    Salafis, Coincidentally (Not), won 25% in 'Moderate' Egypt!

    Do you consider the MB "radical"? Salafis?
    So her claim is Not at all off base.
    Many Muslims and Muslim govts financially support terrorists radicals: Saudi, Pakistan, Hamas charities, etc.

    Christians are persecuted and Cleansed in Most Muslim countries by their peoples AND Governments.

    So 'radical'? Would you call Falwell/Robertson Radical? Because I would say about 2/3++ of Muslims are at least that 'radical'.
    Then, of course, you have the problem of Literal or Radical to What?

    Being Literal to the NT would cause what counterproductive behavior exactly? Teaching creationism instead of evolution?
    Being literal to the Koran, OTOH, has many Violent repercussions we do see worldwide.
    People die Every day in the NAME of Islam/it's scripture.
    What would Falwell proscribe for Adultery, Counseling? While a Majority of Muslims support Stoning to Death for Adultery as prescribed by Sharia.

    A Christian Fundamentalist is a missionary, a Muslim Fundamentalist Kills him.

    And THAT is the state of the 'debate' between me and Amadeus. He is Unable to address/converse on Anything.
    His youtubes inane and even his copy/pasted excerpts failed as well.
    He cuts off the meat of my posts in his 'quotes' because he Cannot address them.
    He just reiterates himself and ad homs.

    Gardener has also posted more on the Intolerance/Radicalism of even average Muslims: Death for Apostasy etc. Also Unanswered by Amadeus.
    Last edited by mbig; 06-26-14 at 12:10 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #134
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    This explains all the acts of terror committed around the world, by nations who have done absolutely nothing-no meddling.
    To Islamists the fact that we exist means we need to be conquered and destroyed and subjugated.

    I say we send em to allah in style.
    Agreed, how was Singapore, Chechnya, and Malaysia meddling??? Just to name a few.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    Agreed, how was Singapore, Chechnya, and Malaysia meddling??? Just to name a few.
    What gets me is they WANT to believe that, because they can understand it. The fact that they want to destroy you JUST BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE, is something very hard for some to comprehend. What did those nigerian school girls do? Well they were Christian and therefore could be taken and sold into slavery, or forced to convert. We see that in Sudan as well. And Egypt, where some of the Earliest Christian churches are destroyed. What did they do? Well they are not islamists. How about the Hindus in India? Yep-not Muslim. Look at the worlds conflict zones-its mostly where there are islamists.

  6. #136
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    What gets me is they WANT to believe that, because they can understand it. The fact that they want to destroy you JUST BECAUSE OF WHO YOU ARE, is something very hard for some to comprehend. What did those nigerian school girls do? Well they were Christian and therefore could be taken and sold into slavery, or forced to convert. We see that in Sudan as well. And Egypt, where some of the Earliest Christian churches are destroyed. What did they do? Well they are not islamists. How about the Hindus in India? Yep-not Muslim. Look at the worlds conflict zones-its mostly where there are islamists.
    I actually believe the left has a fear of taking on evil, or they just plain dont believe it exist? Just like during the cold war they were against the anticommunist not the communist. Or like today the "evil" for the left is carbon emissions or the saying of the pledge of allegiance in public schools. While the real evil in the world (islamic radicalism) they almost want to look away from? Or just pretend its just a small group of criminals and its really
    Not that big of a deal.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    I actually believe the left has a fear of taking on evil, or they just plain dont believe it exist? Just like during the cold war they were against the anticommunist not the communist. Or like today the "evil" for the left is carbon emissions or the saying of the pledge of allegiance in public schools. While the real evil in the world (islamic radicalism) they almost want to look away from? Or just pretend its just a small group of criminals and its really
    Not that big of a deal.
    They have done studies that show that liberals have a smaller amygdala-which is the threat assessment center of the brain. Perhaps this explains why they side with and defend serial killers and dictators, and terrorists (as long as they aren't white).

    Thats possible but I think more likely its a combination of being naive and insular in who they interact with-they ONLY get news from liberal sources, and only spend time with other liberals. To these people an episode of Young Turks or Rachael Maddow is lucid reality.

    Im sure if we took a poll here today liberals would list global warming, racism, and capitalism as the biggest threats to the US. Only an environment as wonderful as the Pax Americana could give the world people like this.

  8. #138
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    You made an extremely ignorant statement that 25% of Muslims are not radical, yet a percentage higher than that support killing people who leave Islam. As such, by very definition you see these views as perfectly acceptable since you are the one who defined them as such.
    I'm not impressed by this argument. If 15-25% of North American and European Muslims believe in killing people who leave Islam, why isn't there an epidemic of such incidents?

    Isn't it true that the problem of radical Islam, or radical religion in general (see Evangelicalism in Uganda), shrinks in proportion to the development of a society? Islam doesn't really preach anything that Judaism doesn't. Read the Bible. Islam is a branch of Judaism, and even incorporates elements of Christianity.

    If it's not a religious problem (see Judaism), and it's not a racial problem (right?), then it's a societal problem. And if you're saying that 15-25% of Muslims are extremist radicals who believe in killing infidels, then what you're really saying is that ALL MUSLIMS be looked at with suspicion. In effect, Islam is not welcome in America.

  9. #139
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    I'm not impressed by this argument. If 15-25% of North American and European Muslims believe in killing people who leave Islam, why isn't there an epidemic of such incidents?
    Because of our western laws. Your defense of totalitarianism is the antithesis of liberalism,and your attempt to limit the discussion to "north american and European"Muslims which make upsuch a tiny percentage of Muslims is such a snivelling and pathetic attempt at subterfuge,you appear more like Poe saying intentionally stupid things in order to reflect poorly on liberals than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    Islam doesn't really preach anything that Judaism doesn't.
    How utterly idiotic. . Judaism has no concept similar to Jihad and did not spread by the sword. It does not seek converts, nor is it based upon one, single prophet. Just because you are completely ignorant, you should not presume others are.


    Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
    If it's not a religious problem (see Judaism), and it's not a racial problem (right?), then it's a societal problem. And if you're saying that 15-25% of Muslims are extremist radicals who believe in killing infidels, then what you're really saying is that ALL MUSLIMS be looked at with suspicion. In effect, Islam is not welcome in America.
    Why you keep trying to turn the discussion in to one of Jews is anybody's guess ,but it is quite apparant that you just rattle off any stray thought that enters your head instead of thinking. Your dishonesty here is simply too much to give you any credibility at all.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  10. #140
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gringo allstar View Post
    I actually believe the left has a fear of taking on evil, or they just plain dont believe it exist? .
    I wouldn't say it is THE left so much as it is a certain portion of the left -- the less intelligent and more reactionary members who do not base their politics upon what they are for,but only on what they are against.

    As we have seen in this thread, instead of Islamism being addressed on its own merits, all certain people are capable of doing is guaging their reaction to it according to whether they frame its critics as left or right. All they need to know is that Gabriel is a "right winger",and so,by golly, they will take up the opposite position.Since she criticizes Islamism, they will support it. If these people stood FOR something, namely liberal values, they would see that it is Islamism that is the great boot that would stamp on the human face forever and represents the very antithesis of liberalism. Since they stand for nothing, however, and only know what they should oppose,they are little but blind apologists for that which they are incapable of ever understanding.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •