View Poll Results: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Im a right leaning American, yes.

    19 45.24%
  • Im a left leaning American, yes.

    11 26.19%
  • Im not American, yes.

    3 7.14%
  • Im a right leaning American, no.

    0 0%
  • Im a left leaning American, no.

    6 14.29%
  • Im not American, no.

    3 7.14%
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 274

Thread: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    I already did. Again, read the results of this poll:
    Muslim Publics Share Concerns about Extremist Groups | Pew Research Center's Global Attitudes Project



    "Do you have a favorable or unfavorable view of Al Qaeda?" Again, read the poll that I have already posted. And again, she didn't cite any polls. She pulled the number out of thin air, and I welcome you to try to find a source that backs her up, but, and I cannot emphasize this any more, as we have been stuck on this point for far too long, she did not cite any polls.



    Read the first part of my post. There is no poll to compare to, because she didn't cite one. And furthermore, I'm not a liberal. Other ideologies than liberalism reject islamophobia.



    Bad anecdote is bad. Move on.
    She does make citations in her books and publications. Whats fascinating is you accuse her of lying or being islamophobic (she was only shot at, burned, and had bombs go off putting her and her family in the hospital-why would she be afraid? ) while admitting you dont know what data she used. Even worse to your argument-the data generally backs her up.

    Progressive is just the name liberals use after mucking up the name liberal. And the joke was spot on. You guys are slaves to PC.

  2. #102
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    She does make citations in her books and publications.
    So prove it. Show me a poll cited by her that says 25% of Muslims are radical terrorist sympathizers.

    Whats fascinating is you accuse her of lying or being islamophobic (she was only shot at, burned, and had bombs go off putting her and her family in the hospital-why would she be afraid? ) while admitting you dont know what data she used.
    I already said this in an earlier post, but the religion of someone who commits a crime is totally irrelevant. If someone who shoots a gun at me, or robs my house, happens to subscribe to Christianity, I don't care what their religion is. But for some reason, when any Muslim commits a crime, it's terrorism, and when anyone else commits a crime it's totally acceptable every day life.

    And furthermore, me saying I don't know what data she used is not incompetence on my part. She did not provide a source, and unless you show me a poll showing 25% of Muslims supporting Al Qaeda or identifying as radicals, I'll assume you don't know which source she used either.

    Even worse to your argument-the data generally backs her up.
    25%=/=7-13%.

    Progressive is just the name liberals use after mucking up the name liberal. And the joke was spot on. You guys are slaves to PC.
    I really need to change that. Progressive isn't normally what I use to describe myself either. It was just the least objectionable of the choices.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    So prove it. Show me a poll cited by her that says 25% of Muslims are radical terrorist sympathizers.



    I already said this in an earlier post, but the religion of someone who commits a crime is totally irrelevant. If someone who shoots a gun at me, or robs my house, happens to subscribe to Christianity, I don't care what their religion is. But for some reason, when any Muslim commits a crime, it's terrorism, and when anyone else commits a crime it's totally acceptable every day life.

    And furthermore, me saying I don't know what data she used is not incompetence on my part. She did not provide a source, and unless you show me a poll showing 25% of Muslims supporting Al Qaeda or identifying as radicals, I'll assume you don't know which source she used either.



    25%=/=7-13%.



    I really need to change that. Progressive isn't normally what I use to describe myself either. It was just the least objectionable of the choices.
    Look man, you aren't going to turn things around on me. The numbers are horrible-what so many muslims believe is horrible.
    We have no frame of reference to what these people believe in the west.

    She was right, and the reflexive attempts by lefties to distract from the heart of the matter aren't going to happen.

  4. #104
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Look man, you aren't going to turn things around on me.
    Asking you for proof is turning things around? If your argument can't be backed up by facts than you have no argument.

    The numbers are horrible-what so many muslims believe is horrible.
    Proof?

    We have no frame of reference to what these people believe in the west.
    Oh, we know that many Americans would love a war in the name of "Judeo-Christian values." Just look at everyone who supports Israel over Palestine.

    She was right, and the reflexive attempts by lefties to distract from the heart of the matter aren't going to happen.
    Asking for proof is not "distracting from the heart of the matter." It is the heart of the matter. If she has no proof to back up her argument, there is no argument. Just because the Heritage Foundation put her on a panel and you like what she says does not validate her argument. If she cites all of her claims in her books, show me one, since you seem to be such an avid follower of this woman. If not, look up "how many Muslims are radicals," or however you want to phrase it, on Google. Find something that proves your point and doesn't come from a random blog, and I'll take you seriously. I don't know how I can make it any easier for you, but you have to do more than claim that my source is invalid and not supply one of your own.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Asking you for proof is turning things around? If your argument can't be backed up by facts than you have no argument.



    Proof?



    Oh, we know that many Americans would love a war in the name of "Judeo-Christian values." Just look at everyone who supports Israel over Palestine.



    Asking for proof is not "distracting from the heart of the matter." It is the heart of the matter. If she has no proof to back up her argument, there is no argument. Just because the Heritage Foundation put her on a panel and you like what she says does not validate her argument. If she cites all of her claims in her books, show me one, since you seem to be such an avid follower of this woman. If not, look up "how many Muslims are radicals," or however you want to phrase it, on Google. Find something that proves your point and doesn't come from a random blog, and I'll take you seriously. I don't know how I can make it any easier for you, but you have to do more than claim that my source is invalid and not supply one of your own.
    Like I said, we aren't going to go around and around. Ive posted hard figures, and Ive posted this womans words.

    Factually, multiple sources will give similar numbers-and they are all bad.

  6. #106
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Like I said, we aren't going to go around and around. Ive posted hard figures, and Ive posted this womans words.

    Factually, multiple sources will give similar numbers-and they are all bad.
    Is it really that hard to post a link? And I'll say it again, the source I provided showed 13% that have a favorable opinion of Al Qaeda, only a small percentage of which are terrorists themselves. This is far from what the lady in the video stated. And as I have said multiple times, with no response, someone's religion when they commit a crime is not relevant.

  7. #107
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Is it really that hard to post a link? And I'll say it again, the source I provided showed 13% that have a favorable opinion of Al Qaeda, only a small percentage of which are terrorists themselves. This is far from what the lady in the video stated.
    You also stated you dont have her sources or numbers, so are we really surprised?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    And as I have said multiple times, with no response, someone's religion when they commit a crime is not relevant.
    It is when those crimes are carried out in the name of a religion. We can't say its an isolated case either, can we? Heres where you read your script about all religions having nuts...

  8. #108
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    You know NOTHING about Islam and unlike me, you are non-conversant.
    I know enough about Islam. And I don't converse with people like you, who are beyond conversing with. Anyone who buys into Brigitte Gabriel's tripe is a FOOL.

  9. #109
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalGun View Post
    I see Christians condemn violent / extreme "Christians" all of the time - Westburo comes to mind and they weren't even violent but certainly condemned by those who followed most Christian tenants.

    The world needs to demand the moderate Muslim squash their extremist before we end up in a world war over their religion.
    We don't have many Muslim members on DP, but those we have are almost 100% damning in their condemnation of Islamist extremists. I've never met a moderate Muslim who didn't.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  10. #110
    Guru
    Gringo allstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Detroit area
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,215

    Re: Do you agree with this womans comments against radical Islam?

    Ive heard 10% but either way it works out to be alot of Muslims that are sympathetic to the radicals inside the faith. But silence is agreement and until these "silent" muslims step up and condemn these radicals they are condoning their actions by their silence.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •