View Poll Results: Your political involvement

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Have served in public office in the past.

    2 5.26%
  • Am in public office right now.

    1 2.63%
  • Running for public office.

    0 0%
  • Considering or wanting to run for office.

    3 7.89%
  • I work for elected officials or some high ranking government job.

    6 15.79%
  • I help out with campaigns.

    18 47.37%
  • I have no intention of running for office.

    16 42.11%
  • I'm not sure

    0 0%
  • Other (Please explain)

    9 23.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Your political involvement

  1. #21
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,017

    Re: Your political involvement

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    I am a mid-level Illuminati member and have attended many Bilderberger meetings as an observer. Therefore I have more political influence in international politics than Obama.

    At the rate he's going it won't be long before a cucumber has more international influence than Obama

  2. #22
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,133
    Blog Entries
    31

    Re: Your political involvement

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    A few years ago I was at a local political event standing there shooting the breeze with nice, congenial grey haired gent. A little way into the conversation he stuck out his hand and said, "Nice to meet you. I'm Barry Goldwater."

    I had already stuck out my hand but double checked myself and took a good look at him to make sure I hadn't been talking to some kook. He sure looked like Barry Goldwater and the words "I thought you were dead" were on my lips when he said "Junior".
    LOL, good one. It is always nice to get a good chuckle now and then.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Your political involvement

    I vote, I remain informed, I occasionally will help if I believe in a candidate, and I participate in political research groups which pay well and are an entertaining way to spend an evening.

  4. #24
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: Your political involvement

    I'm more of a behind the scenes kind of person, and as I said in a previous post served on a planning commission once (and would do it again), but I have zero interest in volunteering to help a campaign. Maybe because I have so few candidates that I really believe (in).
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

  5. #25
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    186,811

    Re: Your political involvement

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Please vote and add your thoughts.
    my Amish friends say anonymous polls SUCKETH
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    A shotgun is a rifle; so's an AR15.

  6. #26
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,174

    Re: Your political involvement

    I'm a member of a political party out of Philadelphia. Don't get to be involved as much as I'd like to though
    "...it is all the more clear what we have to accomplish at present: I am referring to ruthless criticism of all that exists,"

  7. #27
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 09:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,233

    Re: Your political involvement

    My political involvement? All in my head. I've never even voted. I have a small part of me that goes geek in public policy now and then, and when no one is looking I email my ideas to certain politicians from both sides, academics, etc. Rarely get a response. I think they prefer cash.

  8. #28
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,698

    Re: Your political involvement

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    I just semi-retired this year. I'm a cement mason. And a lot of guys in the union are pressuring me to run for union office, a necessarily political position. But I don't want to. My wife and I have a baby on the way and right now I want to save my time for our baby. Maybe in a few years I'll run for office, and with all the union has done for me I sort of feel obligated to do so. Just not right now.
    as a long standing union official, your decision is disappointing
    you obviously have co-workers who would support your candidacy
    the reluctant official is usually the best kind
    those who seek power, authority, recognition, insider information, special benefits on the job because of their union position tend to be the worst, because they are looking to enhance their own position and not that of their peers
    if those like you choose not to participate, then you leave the union's leadership to those who do not deserve it
    my youngest was born the night that i won my first federal trial, a title seven victory over my employer, on behalf of a female co-worker. i suspect you can allocate time to be both a good father and a good union official

    on the other hand, if you delay your participation, your association with the former co-workers will wane, as will your inside knowledge of the work place. the opportunity to serve as a union official might dissipate
    in my own instance, i continued my union representation after retirement. that retirement allowed me to be immune from the previous on-the-job threats to my job security. no longer subject to the agency's demands, i could openly solicit useful information using the freedom of information act. i could appeal to the media and to congress critters on my union's behalf, in ways which were impossible as an agency employee. but my knowledge about what is happening within the organization diminishes with each year of the decade i have been retired, because i am seldom at my former workplace. most of my efforts are now political and in the role of coaching officials with less experience

    a union is only as good as the employees who participate in its operations. please do ponder the ways in which you might elevate your union as an officer of the organization
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it[
    ... Attacks on the FBI and lying about its work will do lasting damage to our country. How will Republicans explain this to their grandchildren? ~ James Comey

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-09-18 @ 03:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Your political involvement

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    as a long standing union official, your decision is disappointing
    you obviously have co-workers who would support your candidacy
    the reluctant official is usually the best kind
    those who seek power, authority, recognition, insider information, special benefits on the job because of their union position tend to be the worst, because they are looking to enhance their own position and not that of their peers
    if those like you choose not to participate, then you leave the union's leadership to those who do not deserve it
    my youngest was born the night that i won my first federal trial, a title seven victory over my employer, on behalf of a female co-worker. i suspect you can allocate time to be both a good father and a good union official

    on the other hand, if you delay your participation, your association with the former co-workers will wane, as will your inside knowledge of the work place. the opportunity to serve as a union official might dissipate
    in my own instance, i continued my union representation after retirement. that retirement allowed me to be immune from the previous on-the-job threats to my job security. no longer subject to the agency's demands, i could openly solicit useful information using the freedom of information act. i could appeal to the media and to congress critters on my union's behalf, in ways which were impossible as an agency employee. but my knowledge about what is happening within the organization diminishes with each year of the decade i have been retired, because i am seldom at my former workplace. most of my efforts are now political and in the role of coaching officials with less experience

    a union is only as good as the employees who participate in its operations. please do ponder the ways in which you might elevate your union as an officer of the organization
    I see your point and I will take that into serious consideration.

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Your political involvement

    i'm just a voter and campaign contributor

    a few moons back, i entertained idea of running for office... after speaking to a few campaign strategist, we all came to eh conclusion that i'm un-electable.... too many past skeletons ( i don't keep em in a closet, I own them) , i'm too brash and confrontational... i'm an asshole to stupid people... I swear to much, i have too many tats, and my "biker activities" would hold me back.

    i'm an honest and forthright "bad boy".. and politics is a game for lying, corrupt, pencil necked "good boys"

    **** em, i'd rather spend my days riding sleds and scoots...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •