View Poll Results: Should we pay for water?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    59 73.75%
  • No

    15 18.75%
  • Maybe

    6 7.50%
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 303

Thread: Should we pay for water?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    (none)
    Last Seen
    04-04-15 @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Communist
    Posts
    6,112
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    As I've already stated if you let half the population go without an essential element for survival, they will riot and fight for it.
    I haven't been seeing a lot of that lately but I do live in the United States. We haven't dealt with that since the coal miner strikes.

  2. #262
    Educator Coin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Albania
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    907

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Yeah, except it's not and never has been, anywhere on the globe.
    Electricity was free in Libya during Gadaff regime.

    ______________

    All resources close to a human right would never be free in a democracy regime.
    Envidia te mata !!!

    The blind leading the blind !!!


  3. #263
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    i have 160 employees

    the lowest paid earns over $ 12 hour

    but i dont hire anyone without experience, or an education

    you have to have a skill to get into my door

    and anything i can automate within reason, i will spend the capital to do so

    you cant drop out of high school, never get any trade education, and still expect employers to pay you a "living wage"

    at some point, we are going to realize that personal decisions still matter.....

    and personal responsibility is a choice

    Personal decisions seems to only matter for the poor, if you're wealthy and screw everyone (bankers), then all is forgiven and you get billions in bailout funds.


    Quote Originally Posted by vasuderatorrent View Post
    I haven't been seeing a lot of that lately but I do live in the United States. We haven't dealt with that since the coal miner strikes.
    It's not to that point of organized mobs, at least not since the LA riots, which were about racism but also about class warfare. Crime is on the uptick though and I expect as the Recession drags on it'll get worse, hopefully not to the point of riots.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #264
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,961

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Personal decisions seems to only matter for the poor, if you're wealthy and screw everyone (bankers), then all is forgiven and you get billions in bailout funds.




    It's not to that point of organized mobs, at least not since the LA riots, which were about racism but also about class warfare. Crime is on the uptick though and I expect as the Recession drags on it'll get worse, hopefully not to the point of riots.


    i am not an expert in economics

    i have read a lot about the position we were in, and i still am not sure what i would have done...if it would have been my decision

    but does your animosity go to all bankers, or only the entities that received bailouts?

    and does it matter whether or not a particular bank or two were strong-armed into taking the money even though they didnt want it?

    as a whole, i dont believe in bailouts......for people, or corporations

    i didnt like the gm or chrysler bailouts either....and i am in the car business

    you make bad decisions, you should have to live with them

    but destroying the world's economy was at stake.....

    some have written we would have been better off letting it all implode, and then picking up the pieces

    they could be right....i dunno

    just trying to determine if ALL bankers are on your list, or only the bailout kings
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  5. #265
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    i am not an expert in economics

    i have read a lot about the position we were in, and i still am not sure what i would have done...if it would have been my decision

    but does your animosity go to all bankers, or only the entities that received bailouts?

    and does it matter whether or not a particular bank or two were strong-armed into taking the money even though they didnt want it?

    as a whole, i dont believe in bailouts......for people, or corporations

    i didnt like the gm or chrysler bailouts either....and i am in the car business

    you make bad decisions, you should have to live with them

    but destroying the world's economy was at stake.....

    some have written we would have been better off letting it all implode, and then picking up the pieces

    they could be right....i dunno

    just trying to determine if ALL bankers are on your list, or only the bailout kings
    I don't have animosity towards bankers or any wealthy institution, only the people who call for personal responsibility strictly from the unfortunate, who have made some bad decisions, but not from the elite who use their power to leverage the system unfairly for profit and gain. Though the rich have always done that to some degree, never to the level that they do now. The reason for more poverty and a growing unemployed lower class isn't just because of personal decisions, it's because of lack of wage increases, benefits, increased cost of education, medical and living expenses.

    I think it's disgustingly uninformed or biased to place all the blame for societies ills on the poorest, who have the least control and power, than on the ones who make the decisions and have most the money.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #266
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the constitution is a document which sets up the federal government, and delegates to them few powers, it creates federalism a separation of powers between the feds and the states,, with the states have numerous powers.

    all powers which are not delegated to the federal government by the constitution, are to remain the power of the states and to the people.


    just because people want the federal government to do things they think are a good idea, does not give government the authority to do them, the constitution must be amended.

    the founders did not create a democracy, and they created a government to stop collectivism, as stated in the federalist paper 63.
    Federalist Paper 63 addresses the necessity of the senate, and the concept of collectivism was not existent at the time of the constitution's creation. As I previously stated, one cannot simply state that the constitution does not mention an issue, so we cannot do it. The founding fathers were not aware of this concepts.

    any powers that the government were to exercise which are not in the constitution is illegal unless an amendment granting them a new power to the constitution is ratified.

    I do not understand your highway example, please rephrase it

    by your own words you are using law, to make people equal... this is not legal, it is equality under the law, not by law.
    You said all people must be treated equally under the law to prevent discrimination. If a highway is built in one section of the country in order to serve the one segment of the population that lives in that area, is that not discrimination against those who do not live near the highway and will never use it?

  7. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Federalist Paper 63 addresses the necessity of the senate, and the concept of collectivism was not existent at the time of the constitution's creation. As I previously stated, one cannot simply state that the constitution does not mention an issue, so we cannot do it. The founding fathers were not aware of this concepts.

    You said all people must be treated equally under the law to prevent discrimination. If a highway is built in one section of the country in order to serve the one segment of the population that lives in that area, is that not discrimination against those who do not live near the highway and will never use it?
    I am impressed by your ability to be so consistently wrong.

  8. #268
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Federalist Paper 63 addresses the necessity of the senate, and the concept of collectivism was not existent at the time of the constitution's creation. As I previously stated, one cannot simply state that the constitution does not mention an issue, so we cannot do it. The founding fathers were not aware of this concepts.



    You said all people must be treated equally under the law to prevent discrimination. If a highway is built in one section of the country in order to serve the one segment of the population that lives in that area, is that not discrimination against those who do not live near the highway and will never use it?
    then i shall provide the text for you.

    "The true distinction between these and the American governments, lies in the total exclusion of the people, in their collective capacity, from any share in the latter, and not in the total exclusion of the representatives of the people from the administration of the former"

    the senate is created to block the collective capacity of the people, because the senate is in the hands of the state legislatures...not the people


    i said everyone must be treated equally under the law, ..........meaning ALL LAWS PASSED must apply to everyone, no one is exempt from them.

    example...... government cannot give you a ticket for overtime parking, ............but exempt other people from the law, you just got ticketed for.........that is illegal...and not equally under the law.

  9. #269
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    I am impressed by your ability to be so consistently wrong.
    Hey, you're that guy that thinks I'm a fascist. Cool. But back on topic, do you mean factually incorrect, or interfering with your opinion? I have a strong feeling that it is the latter.

  10. #270
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,766

    Re: Should we pay for water?

    Quote Originally Posted by SocialDemocrat View Post
    Hey, you're that guy that thinks I'm a fascist. Cool. But back on topic, do you mean factually incorrect, or interfering with your opinion? I have a strong feeling that it is the latter.
    Historically, fascism is the totalitarian extreme of conservatism. It'd be a much more reasonable stab to call you a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •