View Poll Results: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    48 52.75%
  • No

    43 47.25%
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 510

Thread: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

  1. #491
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    What he weighs is perfect, someone who weighs 5 lbs more than him is a disgusting fat-fat-fatty.

  2. #492
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    If you look at the people playing in the world cup, they mostly have an average body type. So do the members of active cycling clubs, water polo teams, basketball players, avid hikers, long distance runners, and anyone with an active lifestyle.
    Are you suggesting the "average" male body looks like U.S. Soccer Team??? Or Tony Parker???

    Have you **been** to the beach this summer???


  3. #493
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangirl View Post
    Are you suggesting the "average" male body looks like U.S. Soccer Team??? Or Tony Parker???

    Have you **been** to the beach this summer???

    I don't follow soccer, and didn't know who Tony Parker is, so I googled them.

    From the pics that I saw, I would have to agree with Ditto that they pretty much look normal, if not average. If I saw any of the people I saw in the pics on the beach, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that any of them are top athletes. They just look like fit males with normal proportions and a normal BMI and BF percentage.

    What's special about this guys bod? Heck, he's skinny.

    Last edited by imagep; 07-10-14 at 06:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #494
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,553

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I don't follow soccer, and didn't know who Tony Parker is, so I googled them.

    From the pics that I saw, I would have to agree with Ditto that they pretty much look normal, if not average. If I saw any of the people I saw in the pics on the beach, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that any of them are top athletes. They just look like fit males with normal proportions and a normal BMI and BF percentage.

    What's special about this guy?

    I think you guys are confused on the definition of average.

    I mean - these guys are all world class athletes who run a half marathon every game and probably a few in practice a week.


    I think they are clearly 'above average' even for their age- which generally tends to be in the 20s- which is about the lowest BMI and BF you'll have your entire adult life.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #495
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I think you guys are confused on the definition of average.

    I mean - these guys are all world class athletes who run a half marathon every game and probably a few in practice a week.


    I think they are clearly 'above average' even for their age- which generally tends to be in the 20s- which is about the lowest BMI and BF you'll have your entire adult life.
    They may be world class athletes, but I would never know it just by seeing them. All those guys look normal, not fat not wimpy skinny, but normal.

    This would be exceptional (my goal):

    Last edited by imagep; 07-10-14 at 06:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #496
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I don't follow soccer, and didn't know who Tony Parker is, so I googled them.

    From the pics that I saw, I would have to agree with Ditto that they pretty much look normal, if not average. If I saw any of the people I saw in the pics on the beach, I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that any of them are top athletes. They just look like fit males with normal proportions and a normal BMI and BF percentage.

    What's special about this guys bod? Heck, he's skinny.


    Ok. Tony Parker was a bad example... Not too into NBA! Truthfully, I just remembered he was married to Eva Longoria...

    But, I can guarantee the "average" guy I see these days looks absolutely nothing like this...



    (water polo player...)

    or *this*...

    Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]-sexy-jpg

    (soccer player...)

  7. #497
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    They may be world class athletes, but I would never know it just by seeing them. All those guys look normal, not fat not wimpy skinny, but normal.

    This would be exceptional (my goal):


    I call **photoshop*** !!!!

    (Not that I'm *complaining*)

  8. #498
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,581

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgangirl View Post
    I call **photoshop*** !!!!

    (Not that I'm *complaining*)

    The water polo player would definately stand out as an athlete. Not so much with the tatoo guy, he just looks like a normal guy with just a trace of abs, not athletic at all, just not much tummy fat.

    OK, well here is my pic -

    Not really. But seriously, I don't think that is photoshopped. I've known guys who looked like that. He isn't a huge pro bodybulder looking guy, he just has a low bodyfat percent.
    Last edited by imagep; 07-10-14 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #499
    Educator
    Doppelgangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    The water polo player would definately stand out as an athlete. Not so much with the tatoo guy, he just looks like a normal guy with just a trace of abs, not athletic at all, just not much tummy fat.

    OK, well here is my pic -

    Not really. But seriously, I don't think that is photoshopped. I've known guys who looked like that. He isn't a huge pro bodybulder looking guy, he just has a lot bodyfat percent.

    The tattoo guy is David Beckham.

    Maybe not the best pic, granted...

    I guess I'm just surprised so many think this is "normal."

    Given the BMI stats in the U.S., it's impossible. But mass media has obviously distorted perceptions, IMHO.

    It reminds me of how an individual with an eating disorder looks in the mirror and *genuinely* does not see themselves the way others do.

    "Normal" becomes completely distorted. In that sense, it's *not* "normal," at all.

  10. #500
    Guru

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,940

    Re: Should medically judged fat people pay higher medical costs? [W:87]

    I only have one thing to add to this.
    I hear a lot of folks in here making excuses as to why some people are fat. In my unit we have two guys who both had one of their legs blown off below the knee. Both of them are still very fit and can still out PT probably 90% of the military let alone the civilian world. If these guys can come back from an injury like that and still maintain that fitness level than there are very few excuses that I buy. My opinion but from what I have seen I would bet that probably 95% or higher of the population that are overweight because they have bad diets, don't exercise or more likely both. I know keeping the weight off is a lot harder for some than others, I know I have to work harder than some, but just because something is hard does not mean it's not your fault for not doing it.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •