View Poll Results: Is Redskin a slur?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    43 39.81%
  • No

    65 60.19%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 307

Thread: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

  1. #161
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Are we talking about healthcare or wether or not redskin is a racial slur?
    We were talking about polls, were we not?

    Here is your post:

    One guy on a different thread posted a poll in which the majority of 800 asked native Americans do not oppose the name.

    Thing is, there are 6 000 000 native Americans.


    So your second statement was irrelevant if you were making it as a means of objecting to the poll you were talking about.

  2. #162
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    He described to you how polling is done, the subject doesn't matter.
    He is a she.

  3. #163
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    He described to you how polling is done, the subject doesn't matter.
    He is a she.

    And these numbers are significant.

    Besides all that, most native American representative organisations oppose the name "Redskins".

    And they really shouldnt care what inbreed white trash, or overly priviliged posh kids who never worked a day of their entire lives until dentist dady had funded them through college, think about it.

    And as a metter of fact, they shouldnt even care about what I think of it.

    It is their cultural identety, so it is their decision to make.

  4. #164
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He is a she.
    That's offensive!@!

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 11:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,788

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    We were talking about polls, were we not?

    Here is your post:

    One guy on a different thread posted a poll in which the majority of 800 asked native Americans do not oppose the name.

    Thing is, there are 6 000 000 native Americans.


    So your second statement was irrelevant if you were making it as a means of objecting to the poll you were talking about.
    Nope. Your statement was irrelevant as it suddently tried to bring healthcare into the conversation.

  6. #166
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,494
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Again, whether or not you find it offensive is immaterial. If native americans find it offensive, it matters.
    So 'offensive' and 'slur' is the same thing to you? Anything that is 'offensive' to somebody is justification to demand that it not exist? Does that include such things that are offensive to some such as 'gay marriage' or 'bi-lingual requirements' or a lot of rap music or adult bookstores or certain politicians or the way my neighbor dresses when he goes to church or the grocery store or my uncovered head in the presence of Muslims or the guy passing out religious pamphlets on the street corner? Whatever 'offends' us but does not bother the vast majority of Americans justifies that it not be allowed? Or should there be some evidence of harm or damages or negative consequences before somebody is required to cease and desist whatever is offensive to another?
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #167
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Nope. Your statement was irrelevant as it suddently tried to bring healthcare into the conversation.
    You were making the argument that the poll couldn't be trusted because it was only 800 out of 6 million. It was obvious that you don't know anything about how polls are conducted so I helped bring you up to speed.

    Let's leave healthcare out of it since that had thrown you off. Here you go:

    You do know that when Gallup/Annenberg/Rasmussen/Wapo etc. etc. conduct a poll, they only poll a small sample and then apply social science to the data to determine the larger results, as they are unable to poll every single person who may or may not be impacted by or have an answer to the poll question/questions.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He is a she.
    Oops, sorry. I barely even look to the left to see who posted when I respond…. please forgive me.

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Besides all that, most native American representative organisations oppose the name "Redskins".
    Either you understand how polling works, or you do not. It appears you merely want to ignore it.

    Teachers unions 'represent' 'all' teachers as well, right? Yet they continually use dues for political things that not all of their members support… So just pointing out that even an organization does not always reflect the beliefs of all the people it represents.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  9. #169
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    So 'offensive' and 'slur' is the same thing to you? Anything that is 'offensive' to somebody is justification to demand that it not exist? Does that include such things that are offensive to some such as 'gay marriage' or 'bi-lingual requirements' or a lot of rap music or adult bookstores or certain politicians or the way my neighbor dresses when he goes to church or the grocery store or my uncovered head in the presence of Muslims or the guy passing out religious pamphlets on the street corner? Whatever 'offends' us but does not bother the vast majority of Americans justifies that it not be allowed? Or should there be some evidence of harm or damages or negative consequences before somebody is required to cease and desist whatever is offensive to another?
    I find politicians offensive. Can we ban them?
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  10. #170
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    re: Is Redskin a slur? [W:282]

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Oops, sorry. I barely even look to the left to see who posted when I respond…. please forgive me.



    Either you understand how polling works, or you do not. It appears you merely want to ignore it.

    Teachers unions 'represent' 'all' teachers as well, right? Yet they continually use dues for political things that not all of their members support… So just pointing out that even an organization does not always reflect the beliefs of all the people it represents.
    Nothing to forgive. I don't consider being called "he" a slur.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •