View Poll Results: Is America a Christian Nation?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 25.45%
  • No

    82 74.55%
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 548

Thread: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

  1. #491
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    77% Christians = The United States is a Christian Country
    So 63% Caucasian = The United States is a Caucasian country?
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  2. #492
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    And you think that is in the interest of government? To protect your rights?
    Is the Constitution pointless?

  3. #493
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    no it matters, i take what you say seriously.

    the founders say creator, therefore they are leaving it subjective to the reader.
    Could you make that a clear point?

  4. #494
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    07-16-14 @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    47,571

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Is the Constitution pointless?
    Don't answer a question with a question and expect an answer until you answer my question.

  5. #495
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    Don't answer a question with a question and expect an answer until you answer my question.
    I support that the US Constitution. You may have heard of the Bill of Rights? How about the 14th Amendment?

    So yes it is in the interest of government to protect our individual rights.

  6. #496
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Could you make that a clear point?
    i hope i make both clear.

    i take your post seriously, your a good poster, we disagree but still i have respect for what you say.

    as to the DOI, with its statement, the founders stated the creator the did not say god.....because they left the word "creator" to be subjective to the reader...creator in heaven, creator of nature, its up to the individual how he chooses to use the word.

  7. #497
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,062

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    i hope i make both clear.

    i take your post seriously, your a good poster, we disagree but still i have respect for what you say.

    as to the DOI, with its statement, the founders stated the creator the did not say god.....because they left the word "creator" to be subjective to the reader...creator in heaven, creator of nature, its up to the individual how he chooses to use the word.
    Thank you that was clear. And amazingly I agree. The founders were very aware that they needed to be tolerant of other beliefs. They had to get people to work together as a country that otherwise would not have. The outcome was a diverse country built on a principle of tolerance. A lot of Christians (and yes Atheists to) need to crack open a history book and learn a thing or two about tolerance and the Constitution.

  8. #498
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    LOL, well to be honest, you would probably want your rights to come from God rather than your government.
    I'd rather they come from the minds of the people, rather than either.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #499
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Thank you that was clear. And amazingly I agree. The founders were very aware that they needed to be tolerant of other beliefs. They had to get people to work together as a country that otherwise would not have. The outcome was a diverse country built on a principle of tolerance. A lot of Christians (and yes Atheists to) need to crack open a history book and learn a thing or two about tolerance and the Constitution.
    well when it comes to libertarians, its core is about "not messing with other people"...respect them and their property

  10. #500
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'd rather they come from the minds of the people, rather than either.
    why would you want 51% of the people to create or deny you rights.

Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •