View Poll Results: Is America a Christian Nation?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 25.45%
  • No

    82 74.55%
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 548

Thread: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

  1. #341
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Official religions are irrelevant to the people of religion living in the nation.
    Not if the state religion is enforced at gunpoint. Look at christianity's beginnings even. Constantine decided to no longer persecute christians and pretty soon it was the pagans being persecuted.

  2. #342
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    A "nation" is the people that live within an area controlled by a government... we are a Christian Nation. Just a fact. I am an atheist and I accept this fact. No biggy.
    lol, it's not a fact just because you say it is. Your definition of what makes a Nation is skewed. You are defining a Nation purely by it's majority - when that is not an official qualifier for any Nation by any official definition's terms.

    Too bring a point that was made a while ago back, one that you tried to dismiss, The majority in this country are Female, however there is no question about whether this country is male dominated or whether the male gender has the most sway here.

    Women out number men - and yet men still hold the most power in government, culturally women are still objectified, and on a grand scale though things are slowly changing they still take second seat to men.

    So it would not be accurate to call America a Female Nation simply because the majority is female. & it would not be accurate to refer to America as a Christian Nation simply because the majority identify as Christian. The scope in which you are using to qualify a nation is extremely narrow.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 06-23-14 at 01:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #343
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric7216 View Post
    Well, I am still searching for a secular, objective, rationale for a welfare society that continues to support adults who are unwilling or unable to provide for themselves.
    Because....they're unable? You want a crippled veteran or worker badly injured on the job to starve to death or die of treatable disease or what? Yeah, let's improve things in Ghana while allowing the US to turn into Ghana. Detroit is already 3rd world country. No need to send resources overseas when destitution is 40 miles from a wealthy college town, and even more embarrassing, there's a billionaire bridge owner in their midst. What i'm saying is there's enough problems here we can't solve. That doesn't give me confidence in ending poverty overseas.

    Jobs going overseas doesn't necessarily improve poverty for those workers either. It often just means the corporates who rule over them make even greater profit.

  4. #344
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Then we shall agree to disagree on that!
    So can we just agree to disagree that gay sex is some horrendous sin and you can leave then?

  5. #345
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,695

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    You wouldn't believe how restricting it feels to know everything yet not be able to disprove a negative from 2000 years ago. Proving this book of ancient fables that tells us to kill disobedient children and stone people to death should not be used as a guide for modern law, without even referring to the resurrection, is incredibly easy though.
    More nonsense.

    First you've provided no foundation for the ancient fables claim. Just the usual rhetoric.

    Second, God's judgments on wicked nations actually saves lives (and the innocent little ones go to heaven).

    Let's do this: How many people would 100 evil men kill in their lifetimes? Let's say a thousand, and the 100 evil men wind up in hell when they die.

    Now, let's let those 100 evil men have 100 offspring that over time grow up to kill the original 1,000 other people, plus 1,000 more. Now, you have 200 evil men in hell and 2,000 murdered others.

    Let's take it to the 10th or so generation. Now you've had 10,000 evil men giving birth to 10,000 offspring and together those 20,000 evil men and or women offspring kill 200,000 people total. So, you now have 20,000 evil men and women in hell (vs. 100 if you had nailed them earlier), plus 200,000 other dead people.

    So God, being smarter than his critics, and able to see consequences further out in time than the stiff-necked "God is evil" crowd, saves 19,900 people from going to hell plus he saves 199,000 others from getting murdered. (please excuse any math errors).

    Get the picture? God SAVES!!

    So nice try.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  6. #346
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,695

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    So can we just agree to disagree that gay sex is some horrendous sin and you can leave then?
    I'm not going anywhere, sport. I'm going to stick around and counter your nonsense.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  7. #347
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    More nonsense.

    First you've provided no foundation for the ancient fables claim. Just the usual rhetoric.

    Second, God's judgments on wicked nations actually saves lives (and the innocent little ones go to heaven).

    Let's do this: How many people would 100 evil men kill in their lifetimes? Let's say a thousand, and the 100 evil men wind up in hell when they die.

    Now, let's let those 100 evil men have 100 offspring that over time grow up to kill the original 1,000 other people, plus 1,000 more. Now, you have 200 evil men in hell and 2,000 murdered others.

    Let's take it to the 10th or so generation. Now you've had 10,000 evil men giving birth to 10,000 offspring and together those 20,000 evil men and or women offspring kill 200,000 people total. So, you now have 20,000 evil men and women in hell (vs. 100 if you had nailed them earlier), plus 200,000 other dead people.

    So God, being smarter than his critics, and able to see consequences further out in time than the stiff-necked "God is evil" crowd, saves 19,900 people from going to hell plus he saves 199,000 others from getting murdered. (please excuse any math errors).

    Get the picture? God SAVES!!

    So nice try.
    So your God in his wraith kills innocent children and spares unborn evil ones from going to Hell or killing others....

    Sounds like you believe that people inherit some premeditated murderer gene. Seems that makes them not responsible then! Also just think. If all these evil men stuck to gay sex, they wouldn't have evil offspring. That would save lives too! Another option: just abort the future evil ones so they can't go to Hell or kill in the future.

    So see, you should support abortion and gay sex. God won't have to carry out his wraith on innocent little ones cause the evil ones will remain unborn.

  8. #348
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,695

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    So your God in his wraith kills innocent children and spares unborn evil ones from going to Hell or killing others....
    Since when did the left-wing godless crowd start caring for the innocent unborn? But God saves them for an eternity of love, peace, and joy. You guys don't have anything like that, do you?

    Fact is your argument was demolished.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  9. #349
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Since when did the left-wing godless crowd start caring for the innocent unborn? But God saves them for an eternity of love, peace, and joy. You guys don't have anything like that, do you?

    Fact is your argument was demolished.
    Sure we do. Your hell sounds like nothing but a fabulous gay sex orgy, i.e. love peace and joy.

  10. #350
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,010

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    lol, it's not a fact just because you say it is. Your definition of what makes a Nation is skewed. You are defining a Nation purely by it's majority - when that is not an official qualifier for any Nation by any official definition's terms.

    Too bring a point that was made a while ago back, one that you tried to dismiss, The majority in this country are Female, however there is no question about whether this country is male dominated or whether the male gender has the most sway here.

    Women out number men - and yet men still hold the most power in government, culturally women are still objectified, and on a grand scale though things are slowly changing they still take second seat to men.

    So it would not be accurate to call America a Female Nation simply because the majority is female. & it would not be accurate to refer to America as a Christian Nation simply because the majority identify as Christian. The scope in which you are using to qualify a nation is extremely narrow.
    So when can one use the term "Nation" to refer to its people then? Nothing is 100%. Isreal is not a Jewish Nation then. I just think some of you are being argumentative.

    And I did not try to ignore anything. Nice try though...

    ... and it is not a fact because I say it is a fact... but it is a fact none the less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •