View Poll Results: Is America a Christian Nation?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 25.45%
  • No

    82 74.55%
Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 548

Thread: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

  1. #171
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Would you call the U.S. a "Female Nation" because the majority of the populace is women? Or perhaps a right handed easily sunburned nation?

    The only important thing about religious demographics in the U.S. is that they shouldn't matter who is the majority because we are guaranteed the same rights under the constitution.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Lol how is it that I managed to debate you so far without making any assumptions about your character or your agenda?
    I clearly said, "for all I know" meaning that I don't know and I am not going to make an assumption.

    You are no more an expert on it's culture or national identity than I am,
    That may well be... but then again I may well be an expert compared to you...

    and by the looks of it many disagree with you.
    Appeal to Popularity... that is a logical fallacy, BTW.

    Also get over the quote thing. Its a non issue.
    It is an issue. It needlessly and stupidly complicates a simple communication process for no reason. I am over it in the sense that I care that you do it... I am not over it in the sense that you doing it is ****ing stupid though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #173
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    If you are talking about the quote in post #153, then it leads to nowhere, which makes one wonder what exactly you are responding to and quoting for context.
    Im on my phone, ive been on it for a while so I can't see what you see. I delete post when the quote is very long, it's just a visual preference .

    It's possible while on my phone I messed up the link
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #174
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,945

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Im on my phone, ive been on it for a while so I can't see what you see. I delete post when the quote is very long, it's just a visual preference .

    It's possible while on my phone I messed up the link
    I clicked on the quote origin link and got "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator". The link URL is :http://www.debatepolitics.com / showthread.php? p=106342713#post106342713 (spaces added to show entire address)

    If that actually means anything to anyone. Given that those numbers are exactly the same though it seems you must have messed it up pretty bad.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  5. #175
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Would you call the U.S. a "Female Nation" because the majority of the populace is women? Or perhaps a right handed easily sunburned nation?
    I would argue that this is a heterosexual nation or a right handed nation... yes. It is.

    The only important thing about religious demographics in the U.S. is that they shouldn't matter who is the majority because we are guaranteed the same rights under the constitution.
    That doesn't matter in this debate at all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #176
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    If you are talking about the quote in post #153, then it leads to nowhere, which makes one wonder what exactly you are responding to and quoting for context.
    What I wonder is: Why delete it in the first place?

    I think he is the first to do this in the history of DP, from my recollection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #177
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I clearly said, "for all I know" meaning that I don't know and I am not going to make an assumption.
    It was a pointless jab. I'm not atheist.

    _
    I may well be an expert compared to you...
    Doubt it.




    Appeal to Popularity... that is a logical fallacy, BTW.
    No its a response to your belief that you stance is the obvious conclusion.

    I've given you full responses explaining why you are wrong, as have others.



    It is an issue. It needlessly and stupidly complicates a simple communication process for no reason. I am over it in the sense that I care that you do it... I am not over it in the sense that you doing it is ****ing stupid though.
    Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,788

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    It was a pointless jab. I'm not atheist.
    Whatever... you seem to get this as "well" as the rest.

    No its a response to your belief that you stance is the obvious conclusion.

    I've given you full responses explaining why you are wrong, as have others.
    ...and you have no idea what an Appeal to Popularity is too?

    The individual responses are not the fallacy... the argument that: by the looks of it many disagree with you. is the fallacy because it suggests that an idea must be true simply because it is widely held.

    Appeal to Popularity
    Appeals to popularity suggest that an idea must be true simply because it is widely held. This is a fallacy because popular opinion can be, and quite often is, mistaken. Hindsight makes this clear: there were times when the majority of the population believed that the Earth is the still centre of the universe, and that diseases are caused by evil spirits; neither of these ideas was true, despite its popularity


    Logical Fallacies» Appeal to Popularity

    Get over it.
    Grow up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #179
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,336

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    LOL, We all or the average is we work for the government until may something to pay our taxes. That is working almost 5 months before we can earn a cent for ourselves. one might as well bow down and worship government, they have us by the balls anyway. At least me, maybe not you. Did I just say that?
    Yep! : But I think with us, it's our t*** in the wringer till June!

    Good night, Pero. See you tomorrow.

  10. #180
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: America is or is not a Christian Nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I'm not atheist.
    What deity represents your faith?

Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •