View Poll Results: Is it justifiable?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 30.56%
  • no

    25 69.44%
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 277

Thread: Open carry question [W:46]

  1. #81
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you specifically stated that the person carrying the gun does not intend to commit a crime.

    the gun in your scenario is of no more concern than a car in the parking lot.


    maybe you should have been more specific when you set up this exercise?
    If i am a store owner a person walks in with a gun, my first instinct is that i am getting robbed.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  2. #82
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    No. Not if there isn't a reason.
    There is a reason. The store owner is protecting his life and property. I thought conservatives were for that.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    just responding to each of your posts to me--
    telling me I'm talking out my ass when I object to your open-carry rifle-toter disturbing the peace--
    and infringing on the rights of others to not worry about rifle-toter shooting him in the back when he's stocking shelves--

    the record in this thread is clear--
    10 minutes is clearly enough time to pay attention -
    you do NOT have a right not to worry about a rifle-toter.... sorry man... this is what i'm talking about when i say "anal yammerings"... you're just making **** up as you go at this point.


    we get it, you don't like people carrying guns... but that doesn't excuse your extraordinarily poor arguments.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    There is a reason. The store owner is protecting his life and property. I thought conservatives were for that.
    protecting his property form what?..... you said the person does not intend to commit a crime.

    where you lying then, or are you lying now?

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    If i am a store owner a person walks in with a gun, my first instinct is that i am getting robbed.
    if you just start shooting the guy, you'll go to prison for murder....don't drop the soap, fish.

    if you use your instinct to be more vigilant and react to the scenario properly and legally, nobody will have a problem with that.

  6. #86
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    protecting his property form what?..... you said the person does not intend to commit a crime.

    where you lying then, or are you lying now?
    Are you seriously that dense? The store owner doesn't know. All he knows is that the guy has a gun.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #87
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com/members/jesse-booth.html
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,718

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    I hate to say it, but the liberals are actually right for once. If you decide to walk around in public with an assault rifle, as far as I am concerned, you have accepted the risk that someone will see you walking towards them, assume the worst, and pull a gun on you. There's a point where your responsibility to act like a decent person to everyone else and your right to carry firearms openly collides, and that place is called out in public. Seriously. I am behind AR-15s for home defense, but there's just no intelligent reason why you should carry one around in the streets. You never know when you might run into someone who is expecting to get attacked. Say, someone in a gang, or someone in the Witness Protection Program.

    I don't oppose the law; I'm just saying, just because you can doesn't mean you should.
    Last edited by Jesse Booth; 06-17-14 at 11:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  8. #88
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,073

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    I should have been more clear. The store owner is not a fortune teller and has no idea the guy just came in to buy some cigarettes.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  9. #89
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Last Seen
    11-16-17 @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,775

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    If a dude walks into a store with an assault rifle with no intention to commit a crime and the store owner shoots him is that justifiable homicide?
    A thought.. question..

    A fully automatic rifle ? "assault" rifle ? specifically? Can you describe said specific weapon visualized ?

    Kinda' tired of loose and sloppy terminology.... All tissue is not Kleenex; all rifles are not "assault" weapons.

    Say what you mean .. mean what you say.

    Thom Paine
    Remember, on the other side of that screen is a real person. ( Missouri Mule )

  10. #90
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,582

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    I should have been more clear. The store owner is not a fortune teller and has no idea the guy just came in to buy some cigarettes.
    in some liberal cities isn't buying smokes a good enough reason to "smoke" the guy?



Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •