View Poll Results: Is it justifiable?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 30.56%
  • no

    25 69.44%
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 277

Thread: Open carry question [W:46]

  1. #41
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    How is the store owner supposed to know?
    Because the assault rifle is slung over his shoulder, he does not have it in his hands at the ready and pointing it at people.

    That's like saying how is a person who see's someone walking a Pit Bull supposed to know that he is well trained and not a threat.

    What kind of paranoid store owner are you conceiving?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    all store owners should have to post these rules by Goshin, memorize them, and then live by them every-time a rifle-toter comes in his store--unblievable --
    Someone not pointing a gun at your is a pretty simple concept to understand.
    Last edited by Spartacus FPV; 06-17-14 at 10:32 PM.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  2. #42
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    zero store-owners should ever be put through the "open-carrying-of-a-rifle" gun rules set down by Goshin in post #35 .
    I've been a store owner... lots of folks open carried in my store... I didn't mind one damned bit.

  3. #43
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    zero store-owners should ever be put through the "open-carrying-of-a-rifle" gun rules set down by Goshin in post #35 .


    They aren't my rules (they're legal precedent), and they aren't rocket science.


    If the guy points the gun towards you, shoot him!
    If they guy is breaking the law in so doing and acting in a threatening manner, shoot him!

    IF OTOH he's holding a long gun casually in his off hand by the middle and it is pointed at the ground, he's OBVIOUSLY NO THREAT!


    I've made these kinds of calls more times than I can possibly remember, and all it takes is a modicum of common sense.



    Heysoos Krastus you guys drive me insane sometimes, acting like the simplest things are complicated, and presenting complicated things as if they were 1st grade math...

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #44
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    whic his why you remain vigilant... and not just open fire on a guy for simply carrying.
    no one should ever have to remain viglant because you want to open-carry a rifle into his store--

    more anal yammerings.
    less maturity from you..
    i'm not pushing the envelope on anything...
    yes you are--
    you are sitting in here saying the store owner should blast away
    never once directly said this blatant irrational lie--now know as a BIL for you--
    ( incorrectly applying SYG laws) over some nonexistent infringement of his rights.
    yes--because living is nsuch a nonexistent right--
    a person legally carrying a firearm is NOT infringing on anyone's else rights... that is a simple fact... a simple solid fact.
    now it's a firearm--
    what scares you people so much you have to push open-carry rifle--
    or are you trying to scare "normals"--the incoherent/insane/revolutionary NRA/TEA way -
    Physics is Phun

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    all store owners should have to post these rules by Goshin, memorize them, and then live by them every-time a rifle-toter comes in his store--unblievable --
    no.. all people, not just store owners, should know these "rules" posted by Goshin.

    of course, most people already know them ( it's instinctual, actually)... it's only a very few idiots that can't understand them and abide by them.

  6. #46
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,913

    re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Moderator's Warning:
    Open carry question [W:46]Let's stop with the baiting, personal comments directed at each other and just focus on the topic without all the other nonsense. Zero tolerance going forward. You want to stay active in this thread then you play nice. Thanks.

  7. #47
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,606

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    If a dude walks into a store with an assault rifle with no intention to commit a crime and the store owner shoots him is that justifiable homicide?
    No. Why would the simple possession of an "assault" rifle be perceived as any more of a threat than seeing a person with a machete, sheathed knife or a holstered handgun? Assault requires more than the mere possession of a weapon or one could simply execute any police officer (or hunter) "coming toward them" and then claim self defense.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #48
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    They aren't my rules (they're legal precedent), and they aren't rocket science.


    If the guy points the gun towards you, shoot him!
    ]
    This means you as the store-owner must have the gun in your hand to defend yourself as soon as you see the rifle-toter--
    listen to yourself--
    If they guy is breaking the law in so doing and acting in a threatening manner, shoot him!
    kind of hard to do when the open-carry rifle-toter has the jump on him--
    that would be a 2A advantage, but a direct infringement on the guy's life--
    IF OTOH he's holding a long gun casually in his off hand by the middle and it is pointed at the ground, he's OBVIOUSLY NO THREAT!
    so now the store-owner must keep a constant eye on the open-gunner by your own words--just wow--

    I've made these kinds of calls more times than I can possibly remember, and all it takes is a modicum of common sense.
    the real life card--just a matter of time--


    Heysoos Krastus you guys drive me insane sometimes,
    and you--
    acting like the simplest things are complicated, and presenting complicated things as if they were 1st grade math...
    nothing complicated about wanting to stay alive and not get shot by a rifle in the back--
    if he doesn't leave my store, I close the store -
    Physics is Phun

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    no one should ever have to remain viglant because you want to open-carry a rifle into his store--
    everybody should remain vigilant... even when there's not a guy legally carrying a firearm.


    less maturity from you..
    stop talking out of your ass and i'll stop pointing out that you're talking out of your ass.... it's a simple concept.

    yes you are--
    nope.. i'm talking about perfectly legal behavior.. legal behavior that has been acceptable for hundreds of years... i'm well within the envelope.


    never once directly said this blatant irrational lie--now know as a BIL for you--
    yes, you said he is "standing his ground"... which directly implies the store owner should shoot him

    yes--because living is nsuch a nonexistent right--
    legally carrying a firearm does not cause anyone to die... it does NOT infringe on anyone's right to life.
    your argument here is astoundingly moronic... absolutely stupid.

    now it's a firearm--
    yes, rifles are firearms.... i can on;ly imagine your surprise.
    what scares you people so much you have to push open-carry rifle--
    .. I don't have to push for open carry.. it's already legal everywhere i live.
    or are you trying to scare "normals"--the incoherent/insane/revolutionary NRA/TEA way -
    I have no control over your emotions... if you piss your pants at the sight of a firearm, that's your problem, not mine...

    i'm not trying to scare anyone when i carry ( except maybe those who would do ill will around me).... only those whom mean ill will are trying to scare other people.

    I can't communicate the vast number of ****s i don't give about your partisan idiocy..

  10. #50
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,826

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    no.. all people, not just store owners, should know these "rules" posted by Goshin.

    of course, most people already know them ( it's instinctual, actually)... it's only a very few idiots that can't understand them and abide by them.
    Who are you insinuating that those very few idiots are, since Goshin "lokes" that post?
    Doers every American store-owner have the onus on him to know what you think your "rights" are when you open-carry a rifle into his store ?
    Physics is Phun

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •