View Poll Results: Is it justifiable?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 30.56%
  • no

    25 69.44%
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 277

Thread: Open carry question [W:46]

  1. #211
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    No ...
    But I am saying that if someone tries to assassinate you, you may have some insight into the insane gun culture in America.
    the "insane gun culture"

    what is that

    Look I get you hate gun owners and it has nothing to do with guns but rather the politics of gun owners generally but

    Squeaky Frome was a member of the Manson family. Did you know that the waiting period in California was perhaps responsible for the LaBianca's deaths. After Sharon tate was butchered-the next day the laBianca's tried to buy a gun but had to wait. that night they were butchered by the "family"

    so do you consider a member of the Manson family part of the normal gun culture in the USA?



  2. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    you completely ****ed up the definition of the word....that's not semantics... it's ignorance, stupidity, or dishonesty

    who cares why they don't put it in a case.... it's irrelevant.
    if they are carrying legally, properly, and safely, there is no problem.... no problem at all.
    Why not carry in a rifle case ?
    Why are you afraid to answer that simple question?

  3. #213
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Why not carry in a rifle case ?
    Why are you afraid to answer that simple question?
    that's how I carry one
    in fact I have a tennis racquet bag for carrying a folding stock AK 74 or M4. It doesn't attract much attention at all

    exactly how I like it



  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the "insane gun culture"



    so do you consider a member of the Manson family part of the normal gun culture in the USA?
    She was insane and she believed that she could solve problems with a gun as so many here do so ...yeah.

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's how I carry one
    in fact I have a tennis racquet bag for carrying a folding stock AK 74 or M4. It doesn't attract much attention at all

    exactly how I like it
    I agree that would not be threatening...
    ...and don't you agree that open carrying, slung on the shoulder without a case is, threatening?
    Isn't so much of this advocating "open carrying" all about attracting attention?

  6. #216
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    She was insane and she believed that she could solve problems with a gun as so many here do so ...yeah.
    that's really stupid. I have coyotes that kill family pets, I solved that problem with a gun. Equating what I did to squeaky frome is true insanity.

    why don't you tell us what really causes you to spend so much time bashing gun owners. look, i don't approve of gun owners doing stuff just to piss off the sheeple. walking through the center of town looking like my Green Beret Nephew while he was on ambush patrol for the taliban is stupid and silly.



  7. #217
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I agree that would not be threatening...
    ...and don't you agree that open carrying, slung on the shoulder without a case is, threatening?
    Isn't so much of this advocating "open carrying" all about attracting attention?
    depends on the area. in the middle of cincinnati-massively uncool

    in a more rural area near a big gun club-no problem



  8. #218
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    10-01-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    583

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    In my state I think this would be legal and would fall under our "Stand Your Ground" law.
    Although I am morally opposed to it being legal to both carry the gun into the store as well as for shooting the customer/serious threat.
    Here, it is all about how you feel. This case could definitely go in either direction.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that's really stupid. I have coyotes that kill family pets, I solved that problem with a gun. Equating what I did to squeaky frome is true insanity.

    why don't you tell us what really causes you to spend so much time bashing gun owners. look, i don't approve of gun owners doing stuff just to piss off the sheeple. walking through the center of town looking like my Green Beret Nephew while he was on ambush patrol for the taliban is stupid and silly.
    I agree again. Showing off weaponry to make you feel like a bad ass is stupid and dangerous.
    You solved a varmint problem with your gun... Miss Frome thought she could solve a social and political problem with her gun ...
    That's a big difference.

  10. #220
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,629

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I agree again. Showing off weaponry to make you feel like a bad ass is stupid and dangerous.
    You solved a varmint problem with your gun... Miss Frome thought she could solve a social problem with her gun ...
    That's a big difference.
    true, so your first attempt to link her to pro gun posters was silly

    I did see an anti gun poster on the gun thread suggest that killing NRA leadership would solve is problems but that is the only real insane suggestion for using a gun I have seen by posters here



Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •