View Poll Results: Is it justifiable?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 30.56%
  • no

    25 69.44%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 277

Thread: Open carry question [W:46]

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Reagan was well known to be senile at the end of his term and Ford was hardly a conservative. and those to guys hardly had any expertise about weapons.
    Oh really?Open carry question [W:46]-download-18-jpg
    Open carry question [W:46]-images-41-jpg
    Both knew what it meant to be shot at.

  2. #202
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    the DCM after WWII sold hundreds of thousands of semi auto MI carbines and MI Garand rifles to civilians through the government run Civilian Marksmanship program. By the time Ford was in office there was at least a million of each weapon in civilian hands.
    yup.... in common use, and not unusual

    today, it's AR's and AK's... in common use, and not unusual.


    who knows what it will be in the future....

  3. #203
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Oh really?Open carry question [W:46]-download-18-jpg
    Open carry question [W:46]-images-41-jpg
    Both knew what it meant to be shot at.

  4. #204
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    yup.... in common use, and not unusual

    today, it's AR's and AK's... in common use, and not unusual.


    who knows what it will be in the future....
    semi auto rifles have been in common usage since the WWI era

    and like it or not select fire rifles too-since almost every modern police department has them it meets the Heller test,



  5. #205
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Oh really?Open carry question [W:46]-download-18-jpg
    Open carry question [W:46]-images-41-jpg
    Both knew what it meant to be shot at.
    so if you get into an auto accident that makes you a mechanic or a F-1 driver?

    if you are told you have cancer, you are now an Oncologist?

    if a bird poops on your car will you soon be hired by the Cornell Department of ornithology?



  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    is there a good reason you reject the actual definition of "brandishing"?
    Not going to get in a semantic pissing contest with you either. I will be glad to substitute "showing off in a threatening manner" for "brandishing".
    Why wouldn't you carry your rifle in a rifle case??

  7. #207
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    semi auto rifles have been in common usage since the WWI era

    and like it or not select fire rifles too-since almost every modern police department has them it meets the Heller test,
    it was possible to have a BAR after WWI, Thompsons were legal to buy at one time in its early days

  8. #208
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,723

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it was possible to have a BAR after WWI, Thompsons were legal to buy at one time in its early days
    yeah FDR wanted to ban them and his AG said it would violate the 2A so they came up with an idiotic tax scheme meaning only bootleggers could afford them (the rich always could but the desire was to keep poor people from buying them)



  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    so if you get into an auto accident that makes you a mechanic or a F-1 driver?

    if you are told you have cancer, you are now an Oncologist?

    if a bird poops on your car will you soon be hired by the Cornell Department of ornithology?
    No ...
    But I am saying that if someone tries to assassinate you, you may have some insight into the insane gun culture in America.

  10. #210
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Not going to get in a semantic pissing contest with you either. I will be glad to substitute "showing off in a threatening manner" for "brandishing".
    Why wouldn't you carry your rifle in a rifle case??
    you completely ****ed up the definition of the word....that's not semantics... it's ignorance, stupidity, or dishonesty

    who cares why they don't put it in a case.... it's irrelevant.
    if they are carrying legally, properly, and safely, there is no problem.... no problem at all.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •