View Poll Results: Is it justifiable?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    11 30.56%
  • no

    25 69.44%
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 277

Thread: Open carry question [W:46]

  1. #171
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    bran·dish
    [bran-dish] Show IPA
    verb (used with object)
    1.
    to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.
    noun
    2.
    a flourish or waving, as of a weapon.

    yes i would think that is.........however shouldering a weapon is not

    you can lead a horse to water... but some horses will call it mayonnaise and refuse to drink.

  2. #172
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    assault rifle noun
    : a gun that can shoot many bullets quickly and that is designed for use by the military
    Full Definition of ASSAULT RIFLE

    : any of various automatic or semiautomatic rifles with large capacity magazines designed for military use
    there is a huge difference from the military term ASSAULT RIFLE and the bogus nonsensical term assault weapon. You cannot use a semi auto weapon to properly conduct a military assault on a fixed position of the enemy

    you see the term assault weapon was a weapon that could be fired individually at semi automatic to inflict casualties or used on full auto by a mass of infantry to "assault a position" by using said automatic fire to suppress movement or return fire by the enemy while artillery or sappers using satchel charges or flamethrowers or grenades destroy the position

    that is why its idiotic to call non military non-select fire weapons "assault weapons" because they are lacking the essential feature of a weapon useful for "assault'

    anti gun jerks figured the average sheeple wouldn't understand the military term "assault" but transpose CRIMINAL assault to those firearms and be more willing to support bans on them



  3. #173
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    assault rifles, are designed to spray lead...not shoot one per pull of the trigger.

    the FAL, is the only assault rifle, which i know of which does have a full auto capacity, but is useless to use and must be semi-auto fired.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    It's the context. Deer camp or a gun show I expect it. There are a lot of places I expect it. However, if you are behind the counter at an inner city convenience store, you don't expect a legitimate customer to walk in with a rife draped over their shoulder and you might just shoot first and ask questions later.
    stop making excuses for Murder... it ain't cool.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    bran·dish
    [bran-dish] Show IPA
    verb (used with object)
    1.
    to shake or wave, as a weapon; flourish: Brandishing his sword, he rode into battle.
    noun
    2.
    a flourish or waving, as of a weapon.

    yes i would think that is.........however shouldering a weapon is not
    Shouldering a rifle is brandishing in the context of normal social behavior.

  6. #176
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,888

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Feigning obtuseness does nothing whatsoever for your argument.
    An assault rifle is select fire from semi to full auto, or 3 round burst.

    Way to demonstrate your utter ignorance in regards to firearms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Shouldering a rifle is brandishing in the context of normal social behavior.
    Only to hoplophobes, legally speaking you haven't a leg to stand on because such an action is not only non-threatening but perfectly LEGAL.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  7. #177
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Shouldering a rifle is brandishing in the context of normal social behavior.
    factually incorrect.

    use your brain....

  8. #178
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    stop making excuses for Murder... it ain't cool.
    I am anti-murder, but I am also a realist. If an individual has a store in a high crime area where other business owners are robbed and victims of violent crime, then its not unreasonable for them to fear for the lives if someone walks into their store openly carrying a gun. Surely you can empathize with that.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  9. #179
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Shouldering a rifle is brandishing in the context of normal social behavior.

    sorry no.... banishing means waving.......not shouldering it.

    as it stated, in the past soldiers banished swords.

    you cannot brandish a sword in its scabbard from your waist.

  10. #180
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,569

    Re: Open carry question [W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    assault rifles, are designed to spray lead...not shoot one per pull of the trigger.

    the FAL, is the only assault rifle, which i know of which does have a full auto capacity, but is useless to use and must be semi-auto fired.
    wrong technically

    assault rifles are select fire meaning both semi and full auto

    the FN FAL is a BATTLE RIFLE because it is a full sized rifle firing a FULL SIZED cartridge

    it is in the same class as the third generation battle rifles

    the first generation was the Mauser 98, the British SMLE, the Springfield

    second generation was the Garand, the FN 49

    third generation was the M14 (which had full auto) the FN-FAL (some had full auto) the BM-59 and the AR-10

    the BAR was not a battle rifle because it only had automatic fire. it was an automatic rifle which is one step down from a light machine gun. the bren gun was similar



Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •