View Poll Results: Can a libertarian be pro life?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    41 74.55%
  • No

    5 9.09%
  • Libertarian Leans Right is just code for Republican

    9 16.36%
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 268

Thread: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

  1. #41
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well ?.... it does, then why do liberals, and social conservatives, try to use force on people to make them do things they just don't like?
    In both cases, because they think they know better than you do.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #42
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    well ?.... it does, then why do liberals, and social conservatives, try to use force on people to make them do things they just don't like?
    Like what?

  3. #43
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    A true Libertarian would also not tell people they aren't supposed to have religious beliefs. I have none, but I respect that others do. That's the true Libertarian way. We are all entitled to choice, and the government doesn't have a right to tell us what to think.
    I disagree with the entire premise of your post. A Libertarian can be religious, they just aren't going to try and convince you to follow their beliefs because every person has the right to make their own choice.

  4. #44
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    Like what?
    well i am sure you dont need me to list the social conservative point.

    however liberals do not.........recognize... right to association, right to property, they believe people can be forced to associate, and that property can be taken, some even believe you have no property ....its only what the State allows you to use.

  5. #45
    Lean Mean Meme Machine
    Jesse Booth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    https://www.debatepolitics.com
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,761

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    Like what?
    For conservatives: anti-gay marriage, anti-marijuana, etc.

    For liberals: gun control, often intolerant of religious expression (if it a Christian doing the expressing, of course)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    Pepe Booth strikes again.

  6. #46
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Why wouldn't they... it would be a great time to be associated with the GOP.
    So what's the difference between Libertarians and Republicans?

  7. #47
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    I disagree with the entire premise of your post. A Libertarian can be religious, they just aren't going to try and convince you to follow their beliefs because every person has the right to make their own choice.
    You're saying the same thing tres just said, just differently.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #48
    Educator voyager1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    05-23-16 @ 12:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    974

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    For conservatives: anti-gay marriage, anti-marijuana, etc.

    For liberals: gun control, often intolerant of religious expression (if it a Christian doing the expressing, of course)
    Are we talking about parties or ideologies in general?

  9. #49
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by voyager1 View Post
    So what's the difference between Libertarians and Republicans?
    So use your link for Libertarians, and then go look up the GOP and do a side by side comparison. In short, GOP want to continue a war on drugs, Libertarians don't. GOP wants to continue to project power overseas, Libertarians primarily do not. The GOP wants to increase the military and military spending, Libertarians more or less do not. The GOP wants to grow the government just slower than Liberals, the Libertarians want smaller unobtrusive government and to be basically left alone (less regulation).
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,895

    Re: Can a Libertarian be Pro Life?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    And f*ck you too, friend! Although you do have part of an actual point. If there was a single, all-encompassing platform that Libertarians all had to follow, that would be a massive contradiction to the entire purpose of the libertarian party. It basically all boils down to this: it is never right to instigate violence or robbery against another human being or their private property. How you interpret that single binding key concept varies from person to person, especially on this issue. You see, we libertarians are independent enough to form our own opinions that someone didn't spoon-feed us, but decisive enough to pick an option to list as our political affiliation other than the only option less specific than independent. Not to criticize independents, of course; they are at least capable of saying for sure that they are not members of a political party.
    Which is why you folks cannot even get 1% in a national election.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •