View Poll Results: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Didn't like her before, still don't.

    26 66.67%
  • Didn't like her before, now I do.

    1 2.56%
  • Liked her before, still do.

    6 15.38%
  • Liked her before, now I do not.

    0 0%
  • It's a right wing conspiracy.

    6 15.38%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Why Was Hillary Clinton Laughing About Helping Suspected Child Rapist? - The Daily Beast

    Clinton’s client, a factory worker, was facing a 30-year prison sentence if convicted of luring the girl into his automobile, plying her with alcohol and sexually assaulting her. Instead, he was able to cop a plea, admitting to the unlawful fondling of a child, and ended up being sentenced to a year behind bars, with two months reduced for time served, the Free Beacon reported, noting that he died in 1992. At various points on the tape—which the Free Beacon says it unearthed from newly discovered archives of Clinton-related recordings housed at the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville—Arkansas’ then-first lady is heard laughing about the police investigators’ incompetent mishandling of bloody underwear, potential evidence that the prosecutor was forced to discard. The interview was conducted for an Esquire magazine profile that never saw print, the Free Beacon reported.
    For a former first lady, U.S. senator and secretary of state who touts her decades-long record of championing women and children, this snapshot of her legal career is—to put it mildly— way off-message. A Clinton spokesman offered no comment concerning the Free Beacon’s report.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #2
    Educator SocialDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The beautiful Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 04:30 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    922

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    I'm not a fan of Hillary, nor her disproportionally large group of followers calling themselves leftists. Her foreign policy is dangerously hawkish, and her support for the massive bailout for the insurance industry masquerading as a welfare bill, the Affordable Care Act, is disappointing. Someone claiming to be left of center and not supporting healthcare as a right would be comical if it weren't so shameful.

    This particular piece of evidence, however, is not going to change my opinion significantly. I'm not very knowledgeable on this incident, but unless further evidence is presented regarding the details of this case, I'm not convinced that this should shift my opinion.

  3. #3
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Interesting story. I had never heard that.

    The Free Beacon story cites a July 28, 1975 affidavit in which Clinton attacked the credibility of the young alleged victim, claiming that she was “emotionally unstable” and had a “tendency to seek out older men and engage in fantasizing.”



    Ah, so the victim deserved what she got, apparently.

    She went on in the affidavit: “I have also been told by an expert in child psychology that children in early adolescence tend to exaggerate or romanticize sexual experiences and that adolescents in disorganized families, such as the complainant’s, are even more prone to exaggerate behavior.”

    She added that the girl had “in the past made false accusations about persons, claiming they had attacked her body” and that the girl “exhibits an unusual stubbornness and temper when she does not get her way.”



    So the victim was just a little bitch?

    If this was Michelle Bachmann or Sarah Palin or any other right-leaning woman who was caught on tape saying these things and laughing about it, the left wing media would be all over it - and would not let it go. So would NOW and advocates of rape victims.

    Did I like her before? No. Do I like her less now? No, because nothing in this story surprises me. She is trash.

    I hope all of the women who have already declared their support for her in 2016 are proud of defending someone who thinks rape and getting off rapists is amusing.

  4. #4
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    The right must really really be worried the Secretary Clinton will run for President.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    The right must really really be worried the Secretary Clinton will run for President.
    Spin and redirect rather than discuss the subject…
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  6. #6
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Spin and redirect rather than discuss the subject…
    oh so that only works when right wingers say this. Got it.


    In 1975 as a lawyer she was doing her job which is necessary by the ethics of the profession when she defended this guy. He, by rights, deserves representation. She and the reporter were laughing at the idiocy of the way the prosecution handled the evidence and also over the fact that a good defense lawyer can get anyone off. I am not certain here what the problem is, she was talking about the way things work. Tell you what, get that internet rag that once paid hookers to lie about a Senate candidate in an attempt to influence an election to post the entire interview with context.

    Or I will just assume this is a hit piece designed and edited to help the sheep feel better about themselves in the their little pens.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    In 1975 as a lawyer she was doing her job which is necessary by the ethics of the profession when she defended this guy. He, by rights, deserves representation. She and the reporter were laughing at the idiocy of the way the prosecution handled the evidence and also over the fact that a good defense lawyer can get anyone off. I am not certain here what the problem is, she was talking about the way things work.
    Could have said that the first time. Why is drive by sniping done instead of simply responding? No need for that at all.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  8. #8
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Could have said that the first time. Why is drive by sniping done instead of simply responding? No need for that at all.
    i look forward to you calling out all the right wing sheep who do that.

  9. #9
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    11-18-15 @ 01:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    440

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    oh so that only works when right wingers say this. Got it.


    In 1975 as a lawyer she was doing her job which is necessary by the ethics of the profession when she defended this guy. He, by rights, deserves representation. She and the reporter were laughing at the idiocy of the way the prosecution handled the evidence and also over the fact that a good defense lawyer can get anyone off. I am not certain here what the problem is, she was talking about the way things work. Tell you what, get that internet rag that once paid hookers to lie about a Senate candidate in an attempt to influence an election to post the entire interview with context.

    Or I will just assume this is a hit piece designed and edited to help the sheep feel better about themselves in the their little pens.
    A hit piece?

    It's nothing more than recorded conversation where the self-proclaimed champion of women and children's rights gloats about getting a guilty child rapist off. There's no real "piece" for it to be a hit piece. It's just her own recorded statements about how hilarious it is to rape girls.

  10. #10
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Does this change your opinion of Hillary?

    Quote Originally Posted by shavingcollywob View Post
    A hit piece?

    It's nothing more than recorded conversation where the self-proclaimed champion of women and children's rights gloats about getting a guilty child rapist off. There's no real "piece" for it to be a hit piece. It's just her own recorded statements about how hilarious it is to rape girls.
    She didn't gloat. I am sorry you think that since that is your bias. The hit piece is that it tells you what to think about it. It is edited so we don't have the context. Sounded to me like she was making fun of how the system works.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •