View Poll Results: Who would you rather have as president?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hillary Clinton

    19 32.20%
  • Elizabeth Warren

    40 67.80%
Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 420

Thread: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton[W:336]

  1. #271
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    interesting but where is the twist:
    [emphasis added by bubba]
    .....duh? Look, I can do it too:

    Any policy that loosens the ironclad relationship between location-location-location and school-school-school would eliminate the need for parents to pay an inflated price for a home...A well-designed voucher program would fit the bill neatly."

  2. #272
    Chews the Cud
    Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Benghazi
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Do you know what the CFPB is, rabbit? You can Google it. Or you can read the posts where I gave specifics on why I think the CFPB is going to hurt consumers and small banks, and will only help the big banks.
    Why do you keep repeating this lie?

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    05-04-15 @ 04:39 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    2,422

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are you posting about the housing crisis, or are you posting about the CFPB and Elizabeth Warren? Because that's what I'm posting about. I'm not sure what your post has to do with what I said.

    Elizabeth Warren's policies will ensure the longevity of the big banks, and put the nails in the coffins of the smaller banks. That's what I'm saying, and it doesn't have to do with 2007.

    Got it, You want to keep the focus narrowly defined on your crappy premise that CFPB would harm US though CONservatves have NEVER been correct on policy. Ever

    You are pushing MORE right wing myths as you have amnesia of 2001-2009....

  4. #274
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitcaebannog View Post
    Okay, so you have no link that proves it. It was just your personal thoughts. Fair enough.
    I'll ask again. Do you know what the CFPB is? Do you know what Dodd-Frank is, and how it interacts with the CFPB which is the agency that will enforce DF?

    Okay, here's a link for you since you don't want to do research yourself. I posted a great link from CBS News a few pages back. Here are some more for you.

    Thanks to Dodd-Frank, Community Banks Are Too Small to Survive - Bank Think Article - American Banker

    Give Small Banks a Break on CFPB Mortgage Rules - Bank Think Article - American Banker

    Regulatory Burdens: The Impact of Dodd-Frank on Community Banking | Center for American Progress

    As community banks leave mortgage market, former CFPB official prepares to benefit | CFPB Journal - The publication for people interested in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

    Small Banks Ask Break From Agency They Hoped Would Hurt BofA - Bloomberg

    http://www.google.com/url?url=http:/...EQqId-h9lBqPeA

    Dodd-Frank may hurt community banks, consumers | Bank Credit News

  5. #275
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by dad2three2001 View Post
    Got it, You want to keep the focus narrowly defined on your crappy premise that CFPB would harm US though CONservatves have NEVER been correct on policy. Ever

    You are pushing MORE right wing myths as you have amnesia of 2001-2009....
    I'll take Amnesia 2008-2016 please. The Bush years are actually looking pretty good right about now.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #276
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by dad2three2001 View Post
    Got it, You want to keep the focus narrowly defined on your crappy premise that CFPB would harm US though CONservatves have NEVER been correct on policy. Ever

    You are pushing MORE right wing myths as you have amnesia of 2001-2009....
    What do conservatives have to do with this? I'm a libertarian who is in this industry. Not a conservative who is talking about the Bush era. I don't think you're reading my posts. Fair enough. Happy Father's Day!

  7. #277
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Being that the housing bubble was largely in the middle class to wealthier suburbs, and not in the inner city, it is the height of absurdity to assert that the Community Reinvestment Act had much of a role. Moreover, the housing bubble was not restricted to the United States, nor was it restricted to residential real-estate as there was a huge commercial real-estate bubble as well. It all traces back to the deregulation of credit default swaps in the late 90s / early 2000s. This created a situation where a lender did not have to concern themselves with whether a loan would be repaid or not, as they would then take mortgages, bundle them into securities, and then back them with unregulated default swaps. Blame lies with both parties and more than one administration.
    I agree that the blame lies with both parties and with more than one administration. The history I posted earlier supports that pretty well. I don't agree however that the housing bubble was caused by risky loans to the responsible middle class. As the housing bubble burst, and their home values plummeted, many in the middle class found themselves under water and in deep financial trouble. But most did their damndest to dig out and save their credit ratings, reputations, and the equity they had in their homes.

    Those who had little or no equity and little credit rating to protect didn't care. When making payments became difficult or a bother, they walked away. And THAT is what crashed the housing market.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #278
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,502
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    It seems that your entire argument is based on the notion that the housing bubble was precipitated by modifications of the CRA in 1995. Do you not realize for that to be the case, the housing bubble would have had to originate and to have primarily been based in minority areas of inner cities. Virtually every major city in the country had a housing bubble out in the upper middle class and wealthy suburbs, but I can't think of a single major city in the country that had one in the impoverished minority inner city.
    Well what it seems to you that my argument is and what my argument actually is are definitely two different things.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  9. #279
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    I agree that the blame lies with both parties and with more than one administration. The history I posted earlier supports that pretty well. I don't agree however that the housing bubble was caused by risky loans to the responsible middle class. As the housing bubble burst, and their home values plummeted, many in the middle class found themselves under water and in deep financial trouble. But most did their damndest to dig out and save their credit ratings, reputations, and the equity they had in their homes.

    Those who had little or no equity and little credit rating to protect didn't care. When making payments became difficult or a bother, they walked away. And THAT is what crashed the housing market.
    Your home being underwater is only a problem if you intend to sell it. Most of the people whose home values plummeted after they bought at the top of the market but had conventional mortgages are still paying them as agreed. Nobody loses his or her home because the house is underwater. It's because the person took a mortgage he never should have had to begin with in order to live in a home he should never be living in.

  10. #280
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Elizabeth Warren vs. Hillary Clinton

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Well what it seems to you that my argument is and what my argument actually is are definitely two different things.
    I read all of your posts, and I'm also not sure on where he came up with that being your argument.

Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •